Another cheater video where no one wins

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You kind of got crucified on Reddit regarding this, didn't you Bright? Jesus...

But yeah, I agree with your sentiments there - a marshal should really have been involved here.

It may be that the other guy acted childishly, but Matt isn't being particularly mature about it, either.

• Supporters

It may be that the other guy acted childishly, but Matt isn't being particularly mature about it, either.

video was a bit questionable on the maturity side, yeah, but he's got an audience to entertain. Kudos to him for blanking the guys face though. Comparing it to the 'cheaters' sub forums on Zero-in and on here, the video isn't that bad.

Indeed, players failing to become dead when shot (after having words) is not a reason to shoot them some more, call a marshal. If the other guy genuinely believed he had not been shot when the cameraman rounded the corner, then it makes sense that he would continue playing rather than deal with the cheating cameraman.

My opinion remains you don't know you hit someone until they call hit, those are the rules after all. So you have to keep firing until you see that arm and hear that call. This is a vital part of the basic rules of the game, because we can't and shouldn't be calling others out that is just as bad and a much larger more prevalent problem. I have seen a lot of these toxic idiots calling others out when they were clearly missing and thankfully the sites I frequent deal with these guys quickly as they destroy the day for everyone. I treat all the other players on the field as I would wish to be treated, as honest adults. As such if I shoot and they don't call hit and they hit me I am call it and walk to respawn. If I get hit and I am not sure if its a ricochet I call it and walk off, that happens a lot in the green zone in billericay and I suspect some of my opponents are going for those types of kills on purpose but even so I call it anyway because I'll be damned if I am going to be a problem for someone else. When they get caught doing it and it will happen its them that wont be playing on that site anymore not me. If a BB comes out of another players gun and hits me I am hit, whether I believed they were out of the game or not is irrelevant, they didn't call out so they were in the game and it really is that simple and those are the rules.

Separate to this I might obviously tell a Marshall what happened, describe the incident and describe the individual involved so they can check him out, all cheaters are going to get caught eventually and its the Marshall's job to ensure the game is being played fairly and it frees me from trying to deal with something I can't deal with without assaulting or battering someone anyway. I have even told a Marshall where the guys welt is before and that helps enormously to prove the point that he was hit and he felt it.

So the way I view this video is Matt charges past a corner, shoots at a guy who doesn't call hit who then shoots Matt and then he does not take his hits. Matt cheated on purpose having called another player out. The other player probably decides he is cheating and starts exiting the area only to be shot and then ends up retaliating. Without that hit call from the person being shot Matt has no obvious indication at the time that anything other events happened, with hindsight and a video we can see the first player was hit but he didn't believe he was.

Strangely enough Matt seems to have deleted the link on reddit, I might have got some downvotes but I was also the most upvoted post on there as well. People seem to think its OK to do this retaliatory shooting or to challenge the cheaters on their behavior or to then cheat in response when they cheat. None of that is OK. Matt has been banned from that site twice for cheating before he isn't exactly a saint and this video clearly shows what he is willing to do when he calls someone else out of the game.

Alas the staff at the site don't care about this sort of behavior which is why it continues. Many people contacted me on reddit with complaints about Matt and his team mates after posting about his video, its kind of astonishing their reign of terror at that site continues. Just goes to show if you are a celebrity you can break the rules and get away with it repeatedly and not all airsoft sites are run well where cheaters are removed from play.

• Supporters

The more I see bad bitchy vids the more embarrassed I get that I play with toy guns....

Don't get me wrong I had one instance that I was 101% certain I could not be shot from enemy approaching.

Some guy was telling a marshal I wasn't taking my hit but no way could he get me with a direct hit that bit I was 101% certain at the time...

Now a marshal test fired me but I was sure it was a ricochet shot or two....

Was in fact the marshal hitting me and THEN the bb bouncing onto wood. Not the other way round as I was thinking...

I was never firing at enemy not that this matters but was just peeking through a tiny tiny hole giving my team heads up on the enemy

Anyway long story short....

I was f*cking pig sick guttec when it came to light on a timed team attack game. So much so I couldn't focus and quickly got taken out on the next two defends..

Which was the least I could do to possibly ammend for not taking my hit in first defend

I say taking my hit but still to this day am pretty adamant that a player on the attacking team could not have got a clear straight shot at me.

But the marshal test firing me I feel even worse about.

Hopefully I would like to think he don't think I am a not hit taking cheater but I really felt gutted for rest of afternoon.

Normally I have just called it, a guy at Epsom tunnel was sure he shot me at like 4ft away I said OK m8 but I'm sure I would of felt it but we shook hands back at safe zone.

I just go for fun but bitchy posts and cheaters and lighting up players for fun or revenge is starting to put me off if people take this toy gun malarky THAT serious

Soz for waffle - carry on chaps

• Supporters

I just go for fun but bitchy posts and cheaters and lighting up players for fun or revenge is starting to put me off if people take this toy gun malarky THAT serious

Gotta get dem youtube views doe.

He says.. haha

Strangely enough Matt seems to have deleted the link on reddit, I might have got some downvotes but I was also the most upvoted post on there as well. People seem to think its OK to do this retaliatory shooting or to challenge the cheaters on their behavior or to then cheat in response when they cheat. None of that is OK. Matt has been banned from that site twice for cheating before he isn't exactly a saint and this video clearly shows what he is willing to do when he calls someone else out of the game.

Do you have any evidence regards the above? I'm not taking sides or accusing you, but life has always shown me there's 2 sides to every story. I spent a fair amount of time with him at the milsim I did last year and he seemed just fine, but I'm not going to pass a judgement one way or the other from one game.

• Moderators

only come across a few cheaters in my time of 4 games, we put it down to us being new at it....we let it go on full and out of 10 running past, 3 took the hits.....

on another note, no face pro, just glasses....not for me!

I have heard people shouting at cheaters and I have had one experience of one

And I just called the hit and walked away

Didn't see the point of arguing with people like that especially when I am a short tempered person , didn't want to get banned.

Also I have seen people carry on shooting a person that called the hit

The marshal saw this and told both parties to sort it out.

The people that fired just laughed and walked off

I have noticed when you meet these people just shrug it off and carry on with your own game

I have heard people shouting at cheaters and I have had one experience of one

And I just called the hit and walked away

Didn't see the point of arguing with people like that especially when I am a short tempered person , didn't want to get banned.

Also I have seen people carry on shooting a person that called the hit

The marshal saw this and told both parties to sort it out.

The people that fired just laughed and walked off

I have noticed when you meet these people just shrug it off and carry on with your own game

This!

normally the people that are acting like a dick will enjoy acting like a dick.

It will only be you that gets pissed off so these are wise words shrug it off and leave then when you get a chance pepper them in game in the soft spots.

• Head Moderator

Played at a new site on Sunday

Are you going to do a quick review of it? It is always useful to have player experience of sites.

• Moderators

Urban assault today, a lot of cheating from blue team (may have been red as well but heard nothing) seemed they had a 20+ stag hiring and they didn't take hits...I know, I hit one several times in leg...then head as had enough as had others by then,,,,only thing we could gather was they had some bet on as to who gets hit more buys the first round.....a few regulars threatened to not come back but I think we're talked out of it.....

Other than that a good day out....one of my best, not hit in first game :)

• Head Moderator

Urban assault today, a lot of cheating from blue team (may have been red as well but heard nothing) seemed they had a 20+ stag hiring and they didn't take hits...I know, I hit one several times in leg...then head as had enough as had others by then,,,,only thing we could gather was they had some bet on as to who gets hit more buys the first round.....a few regulars threatened to not come back but I think we're talked out of it.....

That sucks, defeats the whole point of the game. Pity the stag party could not just have had a private game and then could do what they like without ruining it for the normal player.

I am a fan of stag dos/ office parties joining in. Always great for cannon foder. If they don't take there hits they just get a few more rounds. But the second set are goin to hurt as I will aim for skin, boll*xs, ankles. Can't denie your hits wen ur crying like a little girl.

I am a fan of stag dos/ office parties joining in. Always great for cannon foder. If they don't take there hits they just get a few more rounds. But the second set are goin to hurt as I will aim for skin, boll*xs, ankles. Can't denie your hits wen ur crying like a little girl.

Where do you play? Somewhere to avoid methinks.

Where do you play? Somewhere to avoid methinks.

Like we don't all do it wen someone just won't take their hits. Am not one for calling a Marshall over coz it just makes me look like a winge bag.

Moral of the story; take your hits the first time.

Like we don't all do it wen someone just won't take their hits. Am not one for calling a Marshall over coz it just makes me look like a winge bag.

Moral of the story; take your hits the first time.

It's not that you shoot them again that's the problem, It's the fact you set out to hurt them.

It's not that you shoot them again that's the problem, It's the fact you set out to hurt them.

Never in the face tho.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.