New Player, Bristol

MattMcG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've recently move to Bristol for my new job. Airsoft has always been something I've wanted to try, just never had any friends who did it really (except for one abroad who may or may not ever be around).

I've had a good read around and know pretty much what I'm getting into, and I'm super keen. Dreaming of an M249 but I'll start renting till I figure things out.

I haven a few questions that google hasn't really answered:

1. Are there many airsoft clubs? I haven't really found any on google. I won't know wtf I'm doing so wonder if that'd be a better route.
  2. Do many people go to skirmishes by themselves? I'd be going by myself, girlfriends not interested etc.
  3. An organised squad is presumably going to be much more efficient. Do people generally just team up and just self organise at skirmishes?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :) Good to read that you have done some research about airsoft, the pinned threads are worth reading. This forum will be able to answer many questions although do expect some quick wit and banter along thre way.

I can only answer question 2. Many of us started out playing solo, and still go to skirmishes alone. Make that initial effort to go on your own and it is worth it. Most airsofters are friendly and will talk to you, show you the ropes and talk about the game. Do not be intimitadated by their guns and kit just talk to them, we all started out as new players. The sooner you go the sooner you can start playing.

In Bristol, there are 2 main options: Black ops alternates between Cribbs Causeway and Portishead. Spartan runs every other week up near the airport.

I would say that Spartan is probably the best site but Black ops offers 2 different sites. Both are really good and you will have no problems going on your own.

In Bristol, there are 2 main options: Black ops alternates between Cribbs Causeway and Portishead. Spartan runs every other week up near the airport.

I would say that Spartan is probably the best site but Black ops offers 2 different sites. Both are really good and you will have no problems going on your own.

Not a fan of Bristol Airsoft (the court house) then? :P

The courthouse can be fun but it gets boring really fast. Also if the marshalls are not on good form then you tend to get one team just pinning the other down at their spawn point and that's not fun. They also charge for UKARA registration and the others don't.

The other option is to go north to Gloucester and try out StrikeForce CQB. This offer a huge old factory floor, split into lots of little rooms for some fast paced action. There are usually loads of people there and you can rent a RIF for the first few games. The best part is that it's all under cover, so wind and rain won't spoil your game (apart from the walk over to Burger King for lunch) and you won't have to slide around in mud, like at Spartan.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.