New in England

Werem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey There
Im Mike and i moved to England few months ago. Im looking for a team - is there any sites, forums where i can start looking?
Im from London (if it's matters :) )

• Supporters

Welcome to forum / UK

age ?

location - North - South London

presume if 18+ you are gonna get ukara to obtain your own rif

experience - airsoft/paintball/ or other stuff like this

Anyway.... many on here have a laid back or fun approach to airsoft

though there are a few who play more seriously/regular even mil sim games etc....

You don't HAVE to have a team as such, many just turn up and either on their own mostly

or with a m8 or two - but in any case you turn up on ya own see a few regulars, banter with players & the one or two laid back marshal etc...

Depends on your approach - yes it can be extremely competitive for the more hardened serious player

Or it could be a load of blokes young & old running around the woods with toy guns falling ar$e over tit etc...

But in general - just a bit of fun leaving our ego's at home and letting off some steam peew peew poww

Me - I run a clan of out of shape over the hill saddo's who suck at this and don't really give a toss how many times I get shot to hell

Gonna get some patches made up soon:

The CRAP Clan....

Crappy

Really

Aged

Players

Yeah - we are bad - really bad at this, but wtf we are too old to care

Membership is really restricted - I am the only one but we are growing - nearly got another player once

but his wife wouldn't let him out no more - mine keeps telling to get out more

Soz - silly posting, gis a bit more info and maybe some of the others might be able to point you to a local site to find ya feet a bit more

age - 20

location - South Eastern London

experience - Airsoft, shooting license, reenactment

Im looking for nice serious people - i don't like just shoot and lay down and drink beer. Im into milsims and training :)
Im little confused about that UKARA stuff - as i read about it i need to take 3 games in 2 month in registered game site, is that correct?

• Supporters

you south east london and serious etc....

consider going along to sandpit dartford

rent gun for 3 games in 2 months to obtain your ukara through the site

sandpitt don't allow 2-tone or clear aeg's - RIF's only

so that site should do you ok

obtain ukara - buy RIF or rather first of possible others....

meet new people of all ages, backgrounds etc and shoot them - in a friendly fair playing airsoft way

There are also a few mil sim places on MoD sites in Kent one or two players on here go to

Also Russell on here does reenactment too - think WW2 Aussie atm with an impressive custom built mofo replica

See we got all sorts on here

Wow! Thank you! Everything is clearing a bit. I called UCAP for informations - really nice guys. It's quite simple. Any adivces which shop i should take to buy an equipment - specially boots and camo :)

• Supporters

m8 - if you get next to nothing and on a budget some old army surplus stuff on ebay will suffice

Sandpitt is a little more than other sites but is more serious side of things

Read up Ian's guide to noobism on a budget - not calling ya a noob

but contains a goldmine of info for starting or restarting out in your case

it's in the sticky section new player guides

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

it contains a lot - no a LOT of sound practical info & wisdom that many including me wish they had read first when starting out

you can get by with very little - bit of old surplus, decent eye-pro, half decent boots with ankle support etc....

all the mofo loadout can come when you get near to buying ya first rif

by then you may decide on a particular loadout after speaking to others at site and try a few guns you like the look of

get ya first game in asap - sooner you start the sooner you can get sorted and blow all ya money

• Head Moderator

UCAP is not UKARA registered. You can get membership with them, £12 a year, and once you have your membership number send your UKARA paperwork to UCAP to get it stamped. Then send the completed UKARA paperwork off to a registered shop to be placed onto the database. The UCAP membership is your valid defence.

• Supporters

UCAP is not UKARA registered. You can get membership with them, £12 a year, and once you have your membership number send your UKARA paperwork to UCAP to get it stamped. Then send the completed UKARA paperwork off to a registered shop to be placed onto the database. The UCAP membership is your valid defence.

F*CK ME - I stand corrected

http://ucap.co.uk/ucap-membership/

so sorry - thought that must be UKARA site

but as Jedi said you can still be placed on database

plus tbh - when buying a RIF the dealer/retailer just needs to ring site to confirm you are now a regular skirmisher 18+

well my site (though ukara site) was dragging its heels processing my ukara so they kept getting calls from LWA & Pro Airsoft

Think in the end they got fed up and got my entry sorted - guy at PA said my site's shop sounded a bit grumpy....

Nope that could be the owner in one of his good moods tbh...

Entry onto the ukara database is what I think most sites & retailers refer to as it is an easy way to check

plus it kind of keeps the looney politicians that wish to ban our toy guns - sort of happy (though not all the time)

Yeah but to honest the only reason Northerners use harder bbs is because they are too stupid to notice normal ones.

Its like poking a dinosaur with a stick its too big and dumb to register.

Very true.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.