Holster Help

P_Siddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, so I've bought a Viper Adjustable Leg Holster and a Viper Security Belt.

The velcro loop that Is meant to secure the holster to the belt is not big enough to my surprise given they are the same make.

Any ideas on how to go about securing it to the belt?

I've considered sewing it on permanently but would rather not.

Also considered was buying some more nylon and velcro and mirror the current velcro loop, but I don't think that will be strong enough to secure it.

At the moment I'm thinking a combination of the two would be best, but thought I'd see if anyone else has any ideas/ previous experiences?

Cheers

• Head Moderator

I have a Viper adjustable drop leg holster and it fits onto belts up to 2 1/4 inch wide. The advantage of the velcro loop is that it is not a fixed size piece. I attach mine onto a riggers belt 1 3/4 inch wide. How large is your belt?

One thing I have done to my holster is cut some small pieces of female velcro to cover any exposed male velcro in order to prevent it snagging on my clothing and pulling threads.

I will measure when I get home. It's pretty thick. The velcro only just reaches round to be able to secure about 1 cm of velcro. But it simply doesn't hold. Just walking around the house it fell off.

Okay, i have made a bit of a fail.

I just looked at it again, and the female bit of velcro is actually double sided, allowing half of it to be peeled away from the nylon allowing room for the belt to be fitted.

DOH! lol

In my defence that flap was practically ironed down. I wasn't sure if it was sewn down or not lol.

• Head Moderator

On the plus side, you now know the hoster will fit the belt and this post could help someone else who did not realise about the adjustment.

As I don't like the length of a leg holster, I modified both my Glock & colt serpa holsters to go on my leg but against my trouser pocket so it doesn't flap around like a dead fish

• Head Moderator

so it doesn't flap around like a dead fish

Yes, getting the leg straps set right does make a difference, too loose and the holster flaps and too tight and it is like a tourniquet on the thigh muscle.

Yeah i'll wait till I get my trousers I intend to wear and then see about getting it fitted nicely.

Yeah i'll wait till I get my trousers I intend to wear and then see about getting it fitted nicely.

Best way to do it, wear what your using then adjust your kit around that

It does make me giggle a bit when you see someone with a side arm running around with it flapping away, that's when you offer advice. But then I've seen seasoned players with the same thing

• Supporters

Best way to do it, wear what your using then adjust your kit around that

It does make me giggle a bit when you see someone with a side arm running around with it flapping away, that's when you offer advice. But then I've seen seasoned players with the same thing

Haha have to agree wit that, when you see people's side arm flapping. A few guys I used to play with always had at issue. Acts why I only use either a BH platform / holster or Kydex holster. Switched recently to a WAS UPH on my battle belt, quality little holster.

It's the little kids who are old enough to play but no matter how short they make the holster, it's still around there knee & that gives me a good chuckle cause that leg is usually sore by lunchtime

As the weather's pants, I wear my combat jacket & have to tuck it out of the way so need to come up with a way to get to my sidearm without mounting it on my plate carrier, but then I use for room/hooch clearing so have a bit of time to fumble

• Head Moderator

As the weather's pants, I wear my combat jacket & have to tuck it out of the way so need to come up with a way to get to my sidearm without mounting it on my plate carrier

Have you thought about wearing a shoulder holster? A possible solution because it is worn over the jacket and may be more accessible if clear of the plate carrier.

Have you thought about wearing a shoulder holster? A possible solution because it is worn over the jacket and may be more accessible if clear of the plate carrier.

That's not a bad idea, not keen on them but it's worth a go just to help :) good suggestion

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.