Barrel Length

EnragedOryx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently been looking at two rifles that have caught my eye. The G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=6076 and the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider-L http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=5774.

After looking at the websites specifications, I realize the only difference is that the normal raider has a higher RPM and the Raider-L is longer in general, has a longer barrel and is heavier.

Before seeing the specs I was going to go for the Raider-L, but now I am thinking of going for the normal raider.

Now, my question. Does a longer barrel on an AIRSOFT rifle, not a real rifle, actually make it better as I have heard that a longer barrel can be more inaccurate and can reduce the range in Airsoft.

Thanks if you can help.

• Supporters

They use exactly the same gearbox so rof will be the same

My raider L's cylinder was ported the same as the normal raider.

Barrel length has no effect on range, it *may* improve shot deviation though, a longer barrel can increase fps if the cylinder is ported correctly etc

In all honesty, pick one up see how it feels etc :)

• Supporters

You playing woodland or CQB? Question answered real easily on that one. If answer is both - go shorter barrel; accuracy difference will be fook all.

And if at all possible, give your money to a store run by half decent people. Pro Airsoft Supplies, Land Warrior and Airsoft Zone are generally good - Zero One are a (as demonstrated with solid evidence by myself any many others over the years) bunch of scumbag criminals who love scamming airsofters.

I bought mine cm16 l from airsoft zone

Nice people too

And I shortened mine because I didn't like the fixed sight.

I haven't seen a difference at short rage

Will find out on the field this Saturday

But strong gun if I'm honest

If you dont mind a bit of engineering you can cut down barrels. Just need to be confident with power tools and not rush it. Several walk throughs on youtube, some more technical than others lol

A hacksaw & dremmel with cone shaped grinding attachment worked for me as I planted the barrel in the mud & knarled up the barrel when I lost my flash hider

• Supporters

I've seen so many people screw up their inners that it's unreal. How did you do it?

The final step is the crucial one I think. After you use whatever you find to "crown" it. Dremel, crown tool, etc. Then you look down the barrel into a light and you will see a dark line at the end of the barrel. I removed that with an x-acto knife.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.