New site opening

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New site opening. Formerly Ambush Adventures site in Chobham, Surrey. This is a woodland under new management. Primarily a paintball site recently and looking to advertise the site is now wanting to run Airsoft days m. Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks, Blind Fire Airsoft.

Everybody seems to be opening airsoft sites these days and with a lot of sites offering £10 or £15 a game, if I were an investor, I wouldnt be investing. The airsoft bubble is about to pop from a business point of view.

Everybody seems to be opening airsoft sites these days and with a lot of sites offering £10 or £15 a game, if I were an investor, I wouldnt be investing. The airsoft bubble is about to pop from a business point of view.

Why does a £10 or £15 day mean that it isn't worth investing in?

Why does a £10 or £15 day mean that it isn't worth investing in?

Because.

Many sites can add quality that goes beyond the relative entry prices vs game time across different game sites. Be it the venue (site), staff quality or staff creativity, and use of props. But just trying to outbid your competition when there's a finite number of players, is going to end badly for someone.

As Jedi said in the other thread, running on different day/dates to competitors is important, but undercutting them with an inferior product, could lead to the demise of both.

Not sure an example is necessary: players move to the cheaper site, the site they moved from closes, the cheaper site over time offers inferior quality, players stop going there too.

2 sites I started out weren't very good for me because both sites had to many people every game day, to much cheating from players, not enough staff, 1 site was over crowded with cover & games became stagnent & the other site had not enough cover in places

But the biggest thing for me was to many players in the overcrowded cover site

• Head Moderator

Generally quality wins. A site that offers good marshals, games, and play environment would be more likely to get my repeat custom. In the same way that a poor site would be less likely to get me to spend my time and money going back.

Some competition is healthy, sites can learn from other sites so that they improve their quality or offer a niche event, i.e. WW2 theme day.

Of course if one site costs £40 to play at and another only £20, then you may choose to play twice as often for the same money. Personally if the £20 site was not offering value in its gameplay, then I would choose the more expensive site.

Agree that too many players is not good, I like to have less people so that there is more room to manoeuvre. Games can always be adjusted to allow for less people.

Because.

Many sites can add quality that goes beyond the relative entry prices vs game time across different game sites. Be it the venue (site), staff quality or staff creativity, and use of props. But just trying to outbid your competition when there's a finite number of players, is going to end badly for someone.

As Jedi said in the other thread, running on different day/dates to competitors is important, but undercutting them with an inferior product, could lead to the demise of both.

Not sure an example is necessary: players move to the cheaper site, the site they moved from closes, the cheaper site over time offers inferior quality, players stop going there too.

Cheap, per se, isn't bad or evil. Whatever evils Poundland visits on the earth, it isn't wrong for selling stuff cheaper than the other guy... And lets just be clear that just because a new site is cheap, doesn't mean it'll be inferior as a given...

And far too many sites accept the finite number of players issue... If I were an investor and a site was opening with a £15 fee, if the rest of it's business plan was up to spec, including its advertising/marketing strategy, i'd be interested.

Cheap, per se, isn't bad or evil. Whatever evils Poundland visits on the earth, it isn't wrong for selling stuff cheaper than the other guy... And lets just be clear that just because a new site is cheap, doesn't mean it'll be inferior as a given...

And far too many sites accept the finite number of players issue... If I were an investor and a site was opening with a £15 fee, if the rest of it's business plan was up to spec, including its advertising/marketing strategy, i'd be interested.

Despite what that wiki page says, I never said anything was wrong. :) I did not put forward my own view, only what I thought BazJJ was referring to.

The thing is though, as you put it, if the cheaper site is up to spec, then it's exactly what I was talking about.

The negativity in this does require a pre-existing competitor, it's not a given that a new company is undercutting because they are cheaper, but if the quality is good - then I believe it is more likely. If you offer an equivalent service, you have to price competitively, if you offer a good, but inferior service you do not. But remember, in my opinion, you first have to analyse the playtime to cost ratio before you look at anything else.

• Head Moderator

For that, you get a field and a wall... and a spade.

Sounds like Absolute Airsoft in Reading but better

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.