Brand new guns firing over 350fps limit

Templars Elite

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yep

It's fairly common manufactures have to make guns for all countries where all fps limits are different be too costly to custom make and design guns for individual countries

I see, so looks like I'm

Going to have to get it lowered for use seen as tho uk limit is 350 🙄

Sadly yeah

Either a new spring or cut a coil off maybe

• Root Admin

Don't cut coils - it massively degrades the life of the spring. It's a temporary fix, so if you have the time then pick up a new spring (though I suppose it doesn't matter much if you're buying a new spring anyway at some point).

Also, if this was bought new in the UK you should absolutely take this up with the retailer and ask why it wasn't downgraded. They're well aware of the site limits.

Yep

It's fairly common manufactures have to make guns for all countries where all fps limits are different be too costly to custom make and design guns for individual countries

That's simply not true in the case of G&G.

http://www.guay2.com/web/gc_product/FireHawk.php?lang=en

http://www.guay2.com/web/gc_product/Firehawk_HC05.php?lang=en

The fault here lies with the retailer/wholesaler, they could have bought the low velocity version had they been bothered. It's just laziness - but it's not G&G's fault.

I highly doubt G&G will only sell the reduced power guns to vendors in those specific states.

• Supporters

2nd one is the HC05 dual sector no semi firehawk

and that is around 270fps in Germany to 310 max in UK

box even says under 1 joule

The muzzle velocity bit is kinda generic copy/paste from most of their guns......

(plus HC05 has 9mm ceramics - crap ceramics in there not 8mm bronzey bushing or bearings)

To get a normal FireHawk at 378+ is going some - I wonder where you got it from ???

coz that has gotta a hefty spring in there to push that out on a titchy barrel

I believe you but reckon that was an import for possible USA or worldwide sites

On the box label there is about 3 or 4 boxes and exact model numbers

I'd say you got a mofo m125 spring or something in there destined for yanks or something

or they made a major major balls up at factory plus every seal is near as damn it etc etc.....

I doubt if it is the HC05 - but put it in semi and see if fires one single shot

if it goes full auto on semi it is the dsg hc05 but I think it is a conventional ssg fh for usa

Sacarathe though has a slightly slighty hot CM18 from LWA but only a smidge over

or TWA would not allow him to play

Actually his MP5K is just a hairline over too

Lucky so & so - most of my G&G's are 320-330 :(

but speak to retailer or something.

That's simply not true in the case of G&G.

http://www.guay2.com/web/gc_product/FireHawk.php?lang=en

http://www.guay2.com/web/gc_product/Firehawk_HC05.php?lang=en

The fault here lies with the retailer/wholesaler, they could have bought the low velocity version had they been bothered. It's just laziness - but it's not G&G's fault.

I highly doubt G&G will only sell the reduced power guns to vendors in those specific states.

Then I stand corrected with the case of G&G :)

• Supporters

Also that is a tiny little less fps drip per 0.05gms than expected...

Normally I have found 30 to 40fps drop per 0.05 or 0.20 vs 0.25's but every gun is different

Plus long or very short barrels produce odd fps gains or slight loss on short pdw lengths

Is it your chrono or some site's chrono

And what does same mag in the GC16 30th say ???

Soz just trying to check all possible things first

Heck even quirky chrono or dying battery inside it or something.

G&G's are "normally" pretty good in UK

So kinda wondering how this hot momma came about

• Supporters

Also, if this was bought new in the UK you should absolutely take this up with the retailer and ask why it wasn't downgraded. They're well aware of the site limits.

This is exactly what i'd do. When I buy guns I ask them to Chrono them, prepared to say if it's over 350 FPS they need to downgrade it for free. If they won't i'll just buy elsewhere.

• Supporters

Ere just a quick thought...

Didn't buy this from GunFire ???

They had a G&G shipment in recently and their guns are direct worldwide imports

Plus they are usually a bit more pricey on G&G's than UK G&G's I've found

Cyma JG plus some others yes GunFire n Taiwangun are places to but from with free downgrade

But G&G they always seemed a bit more than what you can get combat machines for in UK

But would explain such a hot mofo FH

Edit - hmmm according to GF their FH's are 320ish

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152205604-Fire-Hawk-carbine-replica.html

Yet quite a few of their other G&G's say 400fps

Hmmmm the mystery continues......

• Supporters

It's from patrol base, Huddersfield

One of the mods on here works for them.

Rock-climby-Dave is his name send him a message asking why they are selling hot guns.

Just start the message with "Oi you dodgy fuckers" that way he will know to take you serious and that you wont take any of his crap. ☺

My mate works there, il give them a ring tomorrow about it, in regards to faulty chrono, highly doubt it as it's been spot on with 40 other players guns chronoed for the same game. Don't get me wrong I like that it's a little power house, just a worry in terms of playing any other sites with it.. Grimsby arena Airsoft just don't chrono... Ever.. P.s Wouldn't recommend going there either. The firehawk has a yellow sticker on the box reading (HIGH muzzle velocity version) could this be a cause?

• Supporters

Ahhhh that would indicate a high fps

The DSG HC05 stands for high cycle

To be honest sounds like that gun or the batch was destined for US I'd say coz gotta be like a m120 spring in it and a ssg to me. The gearing on STD FH's changed and they seemed to use an 8 tooth bevel so the gearing is like 22:1 nearly and many said it was a bit low rof compared to Top Tech launch model. But it should be pulling spring OK on that gearing....

Could do this n that change spring n gears or short stroke it but a new gun - forget all that and get them to sort it or change it for a FFR 2 3 round burst MOSFET mofo is what I'd recommend.

Well I would get one but really trying to keep my new year resolution of not buying more stuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.