Importing without UKARA

TB101

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I would like a SRC RIS M4 Gen 2 due partly to the fact that when I get my UKARA I can easily covert it to a RIF by simply swapping out the pistol grip and stock. However, I can't find it in the UK in two tone - but I can find it on Evike for a very cheap price, (even with the $50 two tone painting charge and import fees.)

I would like to know a few things:

- If anyone has had problems buying a two tone airsoft gun from across the pond - especially from Evike. Also, are there any precautions I should take when buying?

- I also saw on another site that I could find someone who has UKARA defense and use this person to buy me a RIF which is perfectly legal. Is this actually legal?

- Does anyone know of any M4s that have a large amount of rail space, easy to convert to a RIF (i.e. the body and rail system is black) and are under £200?

Cheers.

- I also saw on another site that I could find someone who has UKARA defense and use this person to buy me a RIF which is perfectly legal. Is this actually legal?

No - unless you find a damn generous person. They can GIFT you the RIF, but if he receives any money, services or trade items for the RIF it is illegal. Realistically this can only be applied to parents who play airsoft and gift a RIF to their kids for birthdadays or religious holidays etc.

- Does anyone know of any M4s that have a large amount of rail space, easy to convert to a RIF (i.e. the body and rail system is black) and are under £200?
Converting to a RIF is illegal if you do not have a valid defence.

why buy a SRC m4 anyway? :/

Evike are probably the safest place to get 2 tones imported from. That said, don't buy an SRC M4.

• Supporters

you mean this:

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/544/RECON-GUNS/448/2-TONE-BB-GUNS/2261/SRC-M4-RIS-RECON-AIRSOFT-GUN

I bought that and though it wasn't quite a completely crap gun - the seller deffo is pure utter $hite btw

I really saw a big difference when buying a G&G or ICS in the build quality

Assuming you get ukara'd - you can ahem wear the 2-tone off a snakeskin vcra gun from airsoftworld quite easily I've been told

a Zero One free 2-tone job is coated on there but does wear if you happen to spill by pure accident some Fairy Power Spray

(though it don't wear that easy so a few accidents-leave to soak-scrub & repeat etc is required to get off Z1's coating but have done it)

SRC - DEFFO NOT WISE

Have bought many cheapy guns - many suck loads

hence reason most of us push G&G Raider - plenty of rails and a pretty nicely built starter gun

ICS are very nice too but their sportsline range isn't as as extensive as the common G&G CM range of guns

Yes everybody has them but it is because they are good safe bet starter gun to start out with

heck even to keep as a spare backup gun as people's collections grow

Higher end G&G's - hmmmm there are other makes to consider but doubt if you could get a better gun for £150 new in UK

Factor in shipping & customs from USA - which will happen - buy a new UK G&G is best advice

I assume you are fairly new to airsofting based on your question? My advice is

1. Take in what the guys above have said. They DO know what they are talking about

2. Wait until you are registered before buying a RIF. Save your money. $50 for 2 toning is about £30 towards your gun.

3. Read my point 1 again.

Find and read and digest Ian's guide to newbism on the site. You'll learn everything you need.

Sorry fella, this is probably not what you wanted to read but, in the long run, you will be better off.

Skeet.

• Supporters

I don't know why the hatred in the UK towards the SRC. Maybe the old ones were crap? Don't know.

The current SRC M4s are exceptionally good. Those have GB internals better than most people put in their guns when upgrading. The only thing I don't like in there that they have metal piston head and metal cylinder head and that combo kills any V2 box. The externals are also great. CNC'd ris, aluminium body, etc.

• Supporters

Bought a couple from JBBG, need I say more

Was lead to believe they were gen 2 boxes and full metal receivers....

Turns out they were gen 1 6mm green bushings that don't last too long, the metal used for box was poor the trigger stop snapped clean off. The gears were cheap alloy looking, the width of the sector was too narrow and when used in ak12 v3 box it crunched.

They are not stocked by many retailers and yes they may have improved and maybe stopped shipping out the bad budget type 1 boxes and gone with type 3 8mm bushings/bearings now but it will take a lot for them to reclaim any ground lost. Especially difficult when Chinese cyma & JG do good bang for buck guns

Also some of the SRC dragon's have a plastic gearbox in some models and metal type 1 in others, the Dragon plastic outer barrel was bent, plus still using the 2 piece hop unit - are they still using this in new models ??

OK it can be modded to put in a 1 piece hop

The middle range guns weren't too bad, but think for what they were there was/are plenty of other makes that imho seemed to be a bit better built.

The above experiences of mine where like nearly 2 yrs ago but I'm not itching to try another SRC M4 in the near future

Dunno about AK's or G36's, some say the v3 SRC's where better than their old v2 boxes

Probably have improved, but a bit late for me

I'll agree on their metal rails though, very solid no wobble up front but the type 1 box is what let my m4 ris diwn

• Supporters

Just to add....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna pile on the SRC hate, I'll gladly slate even G&G - their badly done DSG FH, the way their newer range of guns seem to dropping their blowback in predator & hog series. Plus other makes especially good & bad lower end guns.

Don't do higher end guns just cheapo ones

I don't think - and I say think as I don't know as not got one, don't think Krytac and others are absolute dog bollox parts wise walking on water leagues above most others

More so they are assembled better using similar parts but they have spent time researching and test decent stuff that just works well along with other decent parts but the teal quality when they are assembled by more skilled workers rather than just slapping it all together by workers paid for piece work.

G&G mosfet's had a bad reputation but think they have finally learnt not to cut costs too much or spread it to thinnly for profits. Well when something is of poor quality it can't get much worse so it has to improve eventually.

There are good guns and there are bad guns, gof knows why cyma & JG still make some really nasty cheap fall apart lpeg's but they do.

Me personally I can't see why most makers do at least half the little tweaks anyway, AoE for example, cylinder heads that actually seal and a better hop/bucking, if this is sorted at assembly then stuff like this would help improve quality for about $10 or $15 more, gun performs better and maybe lasts longer which results in better reviews and ratings which in turn leads to more sales and market share

Soz, waffle overload again

OK it might take a bit more time perhaps $20 but think it would be worth some manufacturers considering improving their guns even if they aren't that bad anyway

There is always room for improvement even slight improvements may reap rewards for market share and sales

I'm done me thinks...

http://i.imgur.com/dD6Snj0.gif

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.