Another 'are these batteries the right ones' thread :)

MrPondlife

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Recently bought a G&G CM16 SR-L and have been advised from G7G themselves that I need 11.1 lipo batteries due to the ETU being a bit power hungry :) They are updating their manual to reflect this.

So my hunt for batteries started and I've found these 2

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=17282

and

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/11-1v-1000mah-20c-continuous-discharge-airsoft-lipo-split-pack.html

Thing is I'm concerned they won't fit in the stock as they are too 'wide'. The stock has 6 positions and I need to move it to the first one to grab the connector and the 'middle bit doesn't appear to have that much depth:-

dUCol7c.jpg?1

Will I be able to 'wiggle them down the sides as they are 3 pieces?

Thanks all :)

the ones from component shop will fit comfortably.

Incidentally, http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html are about the only ones which fit at all in that stock. 11.1v version is a no go as the mosfet is in the stock tube.

Incidentally, http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html are about the only ones which fit at all in that stock. 11.1v version is a no go as the mosfet is in the stock tube.

This is G&G have told me that the gun has to have 11.1v as anything else is not powerful enough :(

"

Thanks for your mail.

The most recommended Li-po battery is 11.1V with three piece or any other 11.1V Li-po which could be put inside this model.

We have received some feedbacks regarding no fire while pulling the trigger with 9.6V Ni-Mh or 7.4V Li-po battery as we recommended on manual.

Then we found it needs much power to run the motor pushing ETU system, even 9.6V Ni-Mh battery works, it will be out of power soon.

Therefore, we have revised the note on our manual and recommend 11.1V Li-po battery on our ETU models."

So i need to make a 11.1v fit :/

This is G&G have told me that the gun has to have 11.1v as anything else is not powerful enough :(

"

Thanks for your mail.

The most recommended Li-po battery is 11.1V with three piece or any other 11.1V Li-po which could be put inside this model.

We have received some feedbacks regarding no fire while pulling the trigger with 9.6V Ni-Mh or 7.4V Li-po battery as we recommended on manual.

Then we found it needs much power to run the motor pushing ETU system, even 9.6V Ni-Mh battery works, it will be out of power soon.

Therefore, we have revised the note on our manual and recommend 11.1V Li-po battery on our ETU models."

So i need to make a 11.1v fit :/

I am straight out calling bullshit on that one from G&G, i've been using an ETU model for a few months on 7.4v LiPo's with no problems with the ETU.

I am straight out calling bullshit on that one from G&G, i've been using an ETU model for a few months on 7.4v LiPo's with no problems with the ETU.

That confuses me more as the choice just get's bigger and bigger :wacko::blink::wacko:.

Just want a battery that will last me the day and fits in the bloody thing :D

• Supporters

Agree - get a 7.4v min 20c to 25c burst and that will be plenty.....

if people buy s/hand 8.4v nimah's that hold f*ck all charge then perhaps you could have trouble with duff battery

but decent 7.4v lipo 25c will pull plenty

I mean you could use 11.1v as it has a fet on a stock motor but if you ever change motor you could smash that box to bits on 11.1v + neodym

Only reason G&G or retailer might suggest 11.1v is coz their motors are still a bit lame

Use two and change midway through the day thats what most of us do.

I've been spoilt with my JG G36 as I only ever need one battery for the day lol.

Right gonna go with the 7.v and see what happens. Cheers guys. If you have any specific recommendations please feel free to drop them in this thread :)

Only reason G&G or retailer might suggest 11.1v is coz their motors are still a bit lame

Which is why i've got a Lonex A2 on it's way to me in the post, borrowed one from another AEG to test, and the difference was astounding.

• Supporters

stock std 18,000rpm G&G motors are quite lame indeed

ICS's stock guns shoot a bit quicker on stock motors

even G&G's called blue "Powerful Motor" are only a slight improvement over stock std G&G ferrites

put any half decent neodym motor in and the difference is wow wtf etc....

not too nutz juice required or replacement pistons n stuff required

Stateside they might love 11.1v but they are usually pulling m120/130 springs and want crazy high rof

Us lot lower fps, 7.4v & a decent neodym at some point will usually do ya proud

20's is plenty up to 30rps if ya want to tweak - any more and people are over compensating for something

(and like breaking guns)

• Supporters

stock std 18,000rpm G&G motors are quite lame indeed

ICS's stock guns shoot a bit quicker on stock motors

even G&G's called blue "Powerful Motor" are only a slight improvement over stock std G&G ferrites

Thats an easy fix though, just strap on a 24v lithium battery off a leaf blower and they go like the clappers.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.