Where have Nuprol BB's gone ???

LordGeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

BB Bastards and those are really good (leave almost no residue in the barrel and are really bubble-free when you crack them open) but they're expensive as hell.

Not really.

.30 bb bastards = £13.75 / 2000 = 0.7 pence per shot (price includes delivery)

.30 Blasters = £14.99 / 3000 = 0.5 pence per shot (excluding delivery)

Not that much in it, certainly not enough to call them expensive as hell. Maybe if your throwing 4000 a game down range the cost will soon add up, but if your throwing that many bbs a game, you need to learn to shoot better, no bb will fix that.

• Root Admin

Not that much? That's 30% more dear - .30g Blaster Devils are already considered expensive by some.

And yeh, I am throwing 4000 down range because I'm running them in an M249 :) I used to use Bastards in my DMR until I sold it and will continue to use them in my pistols (got loads left over) plus anything with a lower rate of fire, but I've not observed a difference significant enough over shorter ranges to justify that 30% mark-up.

Also, you're*

Hmm, interesting stuff.

I have some Nuprol's and so far have only used them in my USP. I've had quite a few feeding issues even on a fully gassed magazine. I had put it down to gas guns being annoyingly unreliable junk, but I wonder if it was the bb's all along. I've not tried any other bb's in it, may have look into this.

...I had put it down to gas guns being annoyingly unreliable junk...

Heresy! Blasphemy! Bring me my best throwing stones!

I think you've just only experienced poor GBBs, I've had more feeding issues with one AEG (a top-tech g&g which is otherwise flawless) than I have with both my pistol and g5 combined, which is 0 if I discount the time I broke my pistol

My experience with nuprols isn't too bad, the g5 handles them just fine and the pistol hasn't missed a best yet, even the troublesome feeding of the TR15 hasn't been any different with nuprols. That said, as long as they go in the right direction when I pull the trigger, my bbs are working fine. I've never once checked a BB for seams or bubbles

Noo he didn't !!

Oh my, the one game day I took my WE 416 before it was a Daytona. Was probably the best games I ever had for enjoyment.

Yes low cap mags and cool down us a pain when you have come from a AEG but hell its fun :-)

It was pretty reliable too.

Looked through my stocks and I seem to have about 14,000 nuprol bbs varied in weight 😁 Haha

Got some blaster devil .40's to test out :)

I'm sure they sting.

I am too, would have helped if my mate got the .40s but he got .43s 😬 As there was none in stock.

Now that's gna be interesting haha

Will test it mainly in the p* because of consistency.

Crank it up to 120psi and see how far that goes on the range hehe

I would be bullseye womp rats in my t-16 too.

Right, tha would make sence as i bought a ton a while back.

Chances are that WE will make the next lot in the interim?

Considering all the shops i have been to and online shops that sold a crazy amount of them, clearly there is space for more BB makes.

Frustratingly the original .43 Nuprols were the best heavy weight BB's I used! Nowadays most people are using Proball BB's. Similar quality but they're round and fit in my 6.01 TBB!

The first Nuprol's I used were simply fantastic, they were remarkably consistent and I instantly found a replacement for the bastards I used before, they were measurable better. However then they sourced them differently and I started having feeding issues and accuracy was awful. I dumped a whole load of Nuprol's, they were just plain faulty. I can't even get the 0.2s to feed well enough to use them for Chrono purposes, they are terrible. I would suspect this is why they have disappeared as the recent batches have destroyed their reputation.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.