Where have Nuprol BB's gone ???

LordGeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All

Everyone has their personal choice of bbs and mine is nuprol.
Never had and issues and brillaint quality bbs, aswell as their colour scheme which i loved.

Where have they gone, all retailers have renoved or sold out of all the bbs made by nuprol.

Nuprol themselfs have removed the bbs off their own site!

Not been able to find much on this, anyone able to shine any light ?

Cheers

• Supporters

the first batch was made by WE

then they had manufacturing problems so bought the bb's in from a 3rd party

this second batch is what gave them a bad rep

Right, tha would make sence as i bought a ton a while back.

Chances are that WE will make the next lot in the interim?

Considering all the shops i have been to and online shops that sold a crazy amount of them, clearly there is space for more BB makes.

• Supporters

Right, tha would make sence as i bought a ton a while back.

Chances are that WE will make the next lot in the interim?

Considering all the shops i have been to and online shops that sold a crazy amount of them, clearly there is space for more BB makes.

It looked like they were undercutting everyone else with their wholesale price as I saw one store doing bulk buys of 12 bottles way cheaper than I buy my 0.25g blaster boxes and that was already the cheapest I found in the country.

The shattering on impact thing is just how BBs work.

Nuprol is WE(I think WE Europe specifically) - I'm wondering what their plan is as WE got a rep for bad quality control now Nuprol seem intent on following suit.

The shattering on impact thing is just how BBs work.

Yes, if they're fired at velocities deemed unsafe (greater than 2.8J) in the UK against solid targets like concrete walls, but the Nuprol's were regularly shattering at sub 1J against soft targets like flesh.

• Supporters

Yes, if they're fired at velocities deemed unsafe (greater than 2.8J) in the UK against solid targets like concrete walls, but the Nuprol's were regularly shattering at sub 1J against soft targets like flesh.

But no worse than blasters and a lot less than some other brands.

The whole shattering thing was urban myth crap, the big issue was the first batch were jamming in everything.

The whole shattering thing was urban myth crap.

I can personally vouch for it not being an urban myth. Having had them shatter when hitting my own skin.

• Supporters

I can personally vouch for it not being an urban myth. Having had them shatter when hitting my own skin.

I have had bbs break up when hitting me loads of times seriously doubt they were all Nuprol.

I tested it out last year with various makes of bbs shooting into a catch target with different materials at the back.

The amount they broke up was pretty even across the makes the only one that broke up more was bulldogs and bio bbs but that no surprise.

I actually found blasters were worse than most for air pockets. Which is why I think Nuprol's fly better.

I have had bbs break up when hitting me loads of times seriously doubt they were all Nuprol.

I tested it out last year with various makes of bbs shooting into a catch target with different materials at the back.

The amount they broke up was pretty even across the makes the only one that broke up more was bulldogs and bio bbs but that no surprise.

I actually found blasters were worse than most for air pockets. Which is why I think Nuprol's fly better.

At one point, Nuprol's were all that were allowed to be used at a local site, and that was when I had them shatter on my skin... So yeah, pretty sure it was nuprol's, and the amount of air pockets is fairly meaningless as it wasn't a case of lack of external structural integrity, but instead flawed external coating that meant they were soft enough to be impacted just by squeezing them between fingertips.

• Supporters

At one point, Nuprol's were all that were allowed to be used at a local site, and that was when I had them shatter on my skin... So yeah, pretty sure it was nuprol's, and the amount of air pockets is fairly meaningless as it wasn't a case of lack of external structural integrity, but instead flawed external coating that meant they were soft enough to be impacted just by squeezing them between fingertips.

That must of been a really bad batch then but I havent found any like that and have been using them for a while.

They are not my favourite but not as bad as some people make out.

Edit; The air pocket comment wasnt to do with structural integrity although it does make a difference it was to do with how well they fly.

I must vouch, I only go with good stuff or at least tried and tested.

The nuprols i had were no way soft enough it disform under any normal amount of pressure.

They would only generally shatter when hitting something solid like a brick wall.

Such a shame people have had such mixed experineces.

• Root Admin

But hold on, you ran them in a DG during break in - basically the most violent pneumatic system money can buy for airsoft right now and managed to blow out the bucking through presumably tearing it up (not a cheap bucking as we both know) with double feeds and choppers?

Honestly man that was pretty silly; Nuprol do have a good reputation for doing that inside guns and this probably should have been an indicator to start feeding it with something better like the Blaster Devils. Take this opportunity to start buying a more consistent brand, and one that isn't going to coat the inside of your barrel with residue.

I tore the origional bucking due to my own mistake pulling the barrel out of the hop before removing the hopup gub.

Bit of a jump in conclusions there dude.

I have never tore a bucking, DG or standard due to bad bb's as of yet.

I actually ran some blasters through the breakin 4K ish which was left from my last day, only a few hundred nuprols have been though the DG so far.

• Root Admin

Fair enough - I've noted a few people from the EU complaining on their FB page (the DG one that is) about the consistency of the Nuprol stuff and assumed that to be the case with you too given that you didn't reply to my earlier post. Sorry about that.

The point still stands though: Just because you've not had a problem yet doesn't mean you won't, and Nuprol really do at this point deserve the reputation they've been given. Their inconsistent use of hydrophilic plastics has meant that their heavier weight BBs - not being properly sealed into a container with silica as many other brands do - are getting jammed in people's sniper rifles. Their flip-flopping over manufacturers and outsourcing has made it very hard to consistently rate them and their habit of breaking up in the barrel or against mesh (more so than other brands) makes them perform almost like a cheap bio BB and this makes them more dangerous for CQB. Clearly the amount of complaints and dip in sales has seen some retailers not bothering to restock them or maybe WE are switching manufacturing again?

My general opinion has always been then Nuprol don't make anything that can't be bought better or at a lower price elsewhere. Their advertising and sponsorship budget is just so high that they're having to squeeze margins elsewhere. They really don't deserve your custom - especially when there are other brands (like ASG) who've been operating very reliable and affordable BBs here for donkeys years.

• Supporters

Personally i prefer to use G&G normal BBs in my G&G guns and others, i have used ASG blasters but mostly for testing purposes and now theres a new brand called Kurse thats come out and i have been using them but personally i still prefer the G&G stuff.

Not to worry mate.

I do agree with what you are saying and it's just one of those things.

I started on nuprol and always stuck to them because I didn't have any beef and yes I could agree I may very well would have had a issue at some point, but when you know no different I would have been non the wiser.

Well with all the hassle they seemed to have kicked up and stocks gone, ASG will be my next venture I think :)

The .40 devils work well did you say ?

• Root Admin

Sounds reasonable. There are plenty of great brands out there, but we're talking plastic BBs here - getting them right isn't hard for companies; it's about how much money they want to spend on manufacturing, how much they want to market it at and - ultimately - how much profit they're comfortable with losing in favour of a better product. There's no real innovation here, it's just a spreadsheet game, and it's a game I think WE/Nuprol played poorly whilst trying to make a quick buck.

I've been running the ASG Blaster Devil .30s in my DG (I assume you meant .30g rather than .40g) and they work great, but equally a lot of other people have had great experiences with brands like G&G. I've also used BB Bastards and those are really good (leave almost no residue in the barrel and are really bubble-free when you crack them open) but they're expensive as hell.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.