Two-Tone IF

EnragedOryx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am 15 and looking to get in to Airsoft. I now know that at my age I will not be able to buy ANY type of Airsoft rifle, and no-one in my family plays Airsoft either.

After digging around a bit and getting raged at because I am a newbie, I have found out that a person 18+ could gift me an IF and if they also had a UKARA membership (not a licence, already made that mistake) they would be able to gift me a RIF (correct me if I am wrong).

Like I already said, no-one in my family plays Airsoft which means a RIF is out of the picture unless I can find someone who is on the UKARA database and pay them to buy me one. This means that my next option is a Two-Tone IF, which is possible since my parents could buy me one.

I know I want an M4 build or something since they look good for starters, but I have ran in to one problem. I can't find any good websites (as in not JUSTBBGUNS) that sell Two-Tones.

If anyone knows any websites that are decent yet sell Two-Tones, could you please reply. Thanks if you can help.

• Head Moderator

• Head Moderator

If I were to buy this rifle would I be able to take off the handle and put on a scope? http://www.combatsouth.co.uk/collections/assault-rifle/products/ics-m4a1-retractable-stock-ics-41?variant=9559272965

Yes, it has a removable carry handle to reveal a 20mm rail.

Good choice for a first gun - I pretty much only use ICS M4s. Very easy to maintain and reliable bits of kit. The only recommendation I'd make is to get one with a front rail system.

More often than not, newbs buy the ones with polymer handguards because they are cheaper and look good. But the first time you get to a skirmish and see people with vertical grips, PEQ boxes, lights, lasers etc hanging off rails they decide they want to upgrade the handguards. It's usually more expensive than just buying one with rails in the first place. ICS can also be a little picky on the rails that would fit.

There's a bigger range here: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category/ics-airsoft-aeg-gun/

And they'll spray it for £15.

This is a good bet if you want something a little different! http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-plastic-cqb-folding-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg--sale--save-47

Or the newer CXP designs look cool: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-plastic-cxp-15-k-keymod-airsoft-gun-aeg

• Head Moderator

Do I want to be spending £170 on a rifle when I can buy a £100 SMG or is that a bad idea?

I suppose that depends on the SMG and where it is being bought from. Spending less is not always better but it is your budget.

• Supporters

SMG's might be ok but very few will have any decent range/grouping with a 110/140mm barrel

yeah you might get it shooting better with tweaks but not out of box

ok for cqb but out in woodland in medium-long range gunfights you will find it won't perform quite as expected

230mm min barrel length imho if going outside I would suggest - eg: short raider or ak74 or g36c etc.....

yup somebody will chime in in with a Glock GBB or something.....

But in general I'd suggest for a first gun an aeg with 230mm+ barrel upwards rather than smg

SMG's might be ok but very few will have any decent range/grouping with a 110/140mm barrel

yeah you might get it shooting better with tweaks but not out of box

ok for cqb but out in woodland in medium-long range gunfights you will find it won't perform quite as expected

230mm min barrel length imho if going outside I would suggest - eg: short raider or ak74 or g36c etc.....

yup somebody will chime in in with a Glock GBB or something.....

But in general I'd suggest for a first gun an aeg with 230mm+ barrel upwards rather than smg

Thanks for the info.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.