Thoughts on this video?

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So a little backstory, apparently this bloke is doing this to get revenge on these kids or other players for not calling their hits/still shooting him when he called his hits, however the first clip is because the kid burned the players patch. I still think this is overkill and puts a bad name out for us airsofters.

EDIT: Okay so I found out a little more and they are supposed to be like rivals or something for a long time.

• Root Admin

A tad of misinformation floating about with this one.

Edit for actual content

Firstly, these are both children - one is obviously a spoilt brat and has some HPA solenoid engine, but from the digging people did he's still in high school (15, actually). Other kid is young too, obviously. I say this only because of what I've put next and because of the assumptions people are making about his age because of his gear.

Secondly, the 'burning of the patch' - people have extrapolated this as meaning that other kid burned the shooter's actual patch. In actuality there's another video floating about of him (the guy that got shot) leaving the team they were both on and burning his own patch as a result. The shooter guy also cited some other disputes they'd been having over a year (as well as the 'patch burning' that is) as being the reason for shooting him.

All in all, it's dumb children sh*t that I've found to be telling of the UK airsoft scene on Facebook more than anything: People threatening to beat the living daylights out of this child or sending many, many abusive messages to him. The reactions have been less than impressive; instead of being level-headed players most people on social media have seen this as a frankly sad opportunity to form some sort of lynch mob and collectively give themselves some inflated sense of justice.

He's now banned from that site, the owner has also got involved after the publicity and will most likely issue a lifetime ban from that site and have other locals do the same as a result. This was assault and because of the publicity will probably trickle through to the parents via the police if they get involved, but from where I'm sitting it is - like I've said - more telling of some of the other hardmen we have knocking about who are more than happy to jump on a bandwagon that be sensible proactive players and commentators. Part of the reason I come on here I guess, because you guys aren't out to prove anything like some of those pretentious knob-heads - you just enjoy shooting and fiddling with toy guns and gear like I do.

Also, I hear this kind of thing isn't entirely unheard of at west coat sites. Lots of sites have banned HPA because of concerns over cheating, Joule creep and all the rest. You can already find three of four good fight videos where people forget they're playing with toy guns and have to turn it into something more. It's a reason why in the UK we need to be careful about using properly regulated CO2 (already banned in a lot of places because people buy cheap guns that shoot it far too hot) and that we keep ourselves in the know about Joule creep in particular.

The number of people running HPA rigs right now who don't know how to properly measure the output of their gat is pretty low, but as HPA becomes more accessible and people get more lazy about properly crono'ing their stuff I can see videos like this adding to the stigma that already surrounds some of the high RoF stuff. A cautionary tale indeed.

• Supporters

This is all over FB. So bored of it now.

No, the kid shouldn't have been a dick about burning the patch, no the guy shouldn't have full auto'd him with a ridiculous RoF gun. They're both dicks. In America. Where most airsofters appear to be either bullet proof kids or dicks. Or both.

• Head Moderator

Why spoil a good story for the lack of fact? :)

LOL the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Especially timed well with the amount of Star Wars I've been watching due to the new one that came out..

ADD: though it's not really necessary, but what can I say, I laughed...

But anyone remember how a good ole school was like, this is how it went "you hit me, so I hit you"

"You burn my badge, I shoot you with a high RoF gun"

You know..

I agree with a maximum ROF rule, especially if your site allows automatic fire indoors (as most places that I played while in the US did). 30rps is more than enough. Any faster and you're just being a dickhead trying to hurt people.

EDIT: Seems I did not actually watch the full vid, was referring only to this one. - which is not realtime above.

Not sure what this has to do with airsoft tbh, sure its on an airsoft field with an airsoft gun, but it sure ain't during an airsoft game.

Caught this on social media a few days ago, since it's outside the gameplay the other kid did not consent its just a plain and simple battery, or worse.

I find it hard to believe no one called the police on this. This is a situation where the kid needs a criminal record/counselling to prevent him shooting someone with a real gun.

• Supporters

Nah - shot to sh*t in the back hurts at close range

I mean go nutz on somebody is one thing...

But in the back - safe zone - hpa = way ott

Wonder if the 15yr old would of punished a 6ft 18yr old the same way for burnish his patch ???

yeah - me thinks not - spineless spiteful c*nt

DMR the dude in the nutz and see if he think that don't hurt that much

plus remember that America often has fps limits a bit higher than we have....

30+ bb's in the back with little padding - that is gonna sting quite a bit

+1 for Sacarathe....

F*cking frightening that that tw*t could soon buy a real firearm....

God help any poor bastid that prangs his nice new car daddy buys him....

A very worrying thought when you look at it like that

edit - getting way too carried away - most unlike me :)

Also, in the clip in the OP, the second vid was actually completely disproportionate self defence, the guy shooting the other guy in the head, on the stairs, was not the aggressor, the other guy (victim in that vid) had just shot the camera man on auto point blank during a hit taking argument.

Without context it just looks like BS, but that ALSO was not during a game as both players were dead.

I'll give the marshalls there due, they could've removed him more forcefully but didn't

As to the twat with the rifle, all that because of a patch ?? Seriously like Wtf ?? I would say he's more into image than friends with his comment & to reply "what" shows his lack of intelligence in understanding

I find it hard to believe no one called the police on this. This is a situation where the kid needs a criminal record/counselling to prevent him shooting someone with a real gun.

Completely agree! I would be surprised also if the kids parents dont take it to court! They sue for anything over there.

Seems almost every video I see from the US has something like this happening. Although that's mostly the indoor sites, the outdoor ones generally look quite good. Plus, I recognized at least three of the clips in that video, so I'm probably just watching the same two kids fighting over and over.

Liking that helicopter prop though, shame there's not more like that available over here.

^^^+1 with jc, I know 3 sites with helicopters that are used in game

Ah. Clearly I need to do a bit more exploring them. Closest I've seen is a light aircraft chassis at MadDog, and the tank at Urban Assault. I should probably branch out of Hertfordshire occasionally...

• Head Moderator

On a plus point, it does make an HPA set-up appear to be the way to go...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.