Lipo Batteries

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I agree with you on the above, however, I have yet to blow a lipo up :-).

I doubt you will experience much difference above 30C as your motor will have a limit of amps it can draw from 7.4v.

A good thing you have pointed out is there will be differences with setups, etc. If your gun is stock I would stick with 25C as there is nothing to buffer or smooth the rps and you will most likely get over-run as you have experienced. Most mosfets will brake the motor where needed.

Also agree that "25C - 50C" is marketing malarky. Never trusted it and never will. Always go with a "constant" spec rather than a varied one.

stick a pin in a slightly puffed lipo thinking it will let some air out - yeah that will work....

NO - don't do this split second of pure f*cking stupidity

fizz fizz spark spark as I come down the stairs....

F*CK THAT - drops on floor of carpetted stairs/hallway...

WOOOOOOOOF - bursts in flames

OPEN THE DOOR !!!

"what ????" says the missus

OPEN THE F*CKING DOOR !!!!

I kicked the inferno football out the front door perfectly - bloody amazing coz I suck at free kicks

jeeeez - that was not funny at time plus needed to change my pants

but funny looking back it - though missus still don't think so

chaps when they tell you not to play with stuff like do not puncture batteries - there is a very good reason especially on lipo's

but I was always the stupid one that will always have to ignore the wet paint sign - oooh yeah, that paint is still wet

and the reason why Brainiac puts it the extra warning - don't try this at home

No really DON'T !!!!

I wanna work for brainiac - I love blowing things up - lipo's gearboxes etc......

I've done some drilling, grinding and cutting :-).

It isn't the prettiest but it's far from ugly and it's clean... well most of it.

Not posting any pictures yet, having a go with it tomorrow at Bunker 51 to see how it stands up to a skirmish. If all is well then I will post pics... if not then it's back to the drawing board.

One thing I will say, Griptite velcro is unbelievably strong stuff. Definitely stronger than the "heavy duty" sticky tape it's attached to!

Performance wise, this 2000mah 50C battery powers my setup to it's max potential so it's mission accomplished as far as performance is concerned.

I've got a few gens ace 1300mah rated at 30c which I use in my g36c as they'll only fit in there & just as powerful as the 9.6v nimh

Shame I can't adapt my Lipo monitor the plugs into the esc for my rifles (as I use lipos in them all)

I've got some zippy & turnigy 2s, 5000mah lipos but need a battery bag to use them which looks hidious

Ok, so below are pictures of what I have done to accommodate the small, hard case 50C lipo battery.

Like I said before, it isn't the prettiest but I think it looks better than using a battery bag etc. There was a bit of trial and error and improvisation so in hindsight it could have been better modified; if I get my hands on another stock, it definitely will be.

post-10501-0-14856900-1455307007_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-18354300-1455307013_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-43659100-1455307019_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-36090300-1455307027_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-51084500-1455307031_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-88271700-1455307040_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-45984300-1455307047_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-24809700-1455307051_thumb.jpg

post-10501-0-00660200-1455307056_thumb.jpg

why not just use the pre-cocking feature of the very expensive MOSFET you have fitted?!

I ran all my recoils on 25C 1300mAh batteries using the stock TM EG1000 motors and using precocking funny old thing... instant trigger response!

It was rate of fire that was the problem. Precocking made little difference on auto and multi-shot bursts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.