Red dot & Reflex sights

LordGeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

Looking at getting a mid range red dot sight.

Done a fair bit of digging and while there is allot of crap out there, so much so its hard to distinguish the good. Besides the obscene prices on some.

I am looking for a 1x 20/30mm scop red dot sight, to work with a eotech style flip over magnifier.

I am realling asking for people personal opinions and anything to recomend.

I have had a few eotech holo copy's and the sub standard lenses causing ghosting is driving me mad.

Cheers

• Root Admin

I got a UTG ITA - it's zeroable, very bright, clear, cheap and rated for real steel so it's your best bet if it's going on a DG. Usually the blowback kills anything made for airsoft. Should work with a magnifier too if you use the included low mount.

There are a couple of video reviews out there to take a look at if you're bothered.

Holosun also make great near-replicas of the T1 and others if that's a look you're into.

Hmm interesting, cheers dude.
Well i am looking at buying two, different models ofcourse..

One for the DG as you pointed out, has already wreaked havock on one of my eotech clones with the inner mirror now acting like a dice in a 90's trouble board.

And the second for my P* scar as the rifle scope desnt really help at close combat.

Will take a look at some vids.

I have a utg sight and its certainly a good one. The dot is so crisp and clear it makes my cheapo g&p fakepoint look like the cheap stuff it is.

• Root Admin

Same as usual: Just unscrewed the front collar, added tiny strips of electricians tape around the outer edge to offset it from the objective lens (I should probably order a proper flat o-ring to do this more permanently) then put a piece of cut 2mm perspex infront of it before reattaching the collar.

Same as usual: Just unscrewed the front collar, added tiny strips of electricians tape around the outer edge to offset it from the objective lens (I should probably order a proper flat o-ring to do this more permanently) then put a piece of cut 2mm perspex infront of it before reattaching the collar.

Flat vertically or laterally?

• Root Admin

Laterally I suppose, but that depends what the international standard for o-ring orientation is. Basically so it's not too wide that it's pushing the plastic far enough for the collar to not fit back on. It only needs to be offset from the objective by a tiny amount to stop the vibrations getting through.

Of the airsoft sights I have been reasonably happy with the G&P red dot for like £30. Its pretty clear and the dot is big but decent enough if a little too bright most of the time. Mine lasted about 1.5 years before the dial fell apart but its still otherwise trucking along and it uses very little battery that its been changed just once.

However personally I have had no luck otherwise, I have a T1 that can't be zeroed and a holo that is really brown (Nuprol). My Bushnell 1-4x is excellent but their red dot designs are kind of so so, but I do recommend going low end real steel so you get that decent clear glass. Companies like Primary arms, Bushnell and Truglo are likely to get the job done well without costing a fortune but also not as cheap as the typical airsoft sold garbage.

• Supporters

Red dot sights are a pain in the arse for me. I have astigmatism so the dot blurs up and can look like a bunch of grapes. I found in certain light conditions that a blue dot worked better.

I tried a few from hong kong and the uk but the quality was garbage. So in the end I looked on some American shooting forums and came across a recommendation of a three colour aimpoint clone that had good reviews. Ordered it from some hillbilly store and can honestly say its been great.

Externally its no better quality than the chinese crap but internally its really good.

I have been using it for 2 years and have given it loads of abuse and it never moves off zero. Think it cost about £120/130ish plus postage.

Sorry if this is hijacking, but, even though its not strictly necessary, does anyone know of any decent and not stupidly expensive parallax free/corrected sights out there? I've tried a WE EoTech clone and its all over the place, and I doubt the cheaper ones would live long on my GBBR

Cheers

Laterally I suppose, but that depends what the international standard for o-ring orientation is. Basically so it's not too wide that it's pushing the plastic far enough for the collar to not fit back on. It only needs to be offset from the objective by a tiny amount to stop the vibrations getting through.

For some reason I thought you were talking about a washer. For an o-ring I suppose the value in question is the circumference/diameter of the band.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/O_ring.png

So, not the inner diameter.

Red dot sights are a pain in the arse for me. I have astigmatism so the dot blurs up and can look like a bunch of grapes. I found in certain light conditions that a blue dot worked better.

I tried a few from hong kong and the uk but the quality was garbage. So in the end I looked on some American shooting forums and came across a recommendation of a three colour aimpoint clone that had good reviews. Ordered it from some hillbilly store and can honestly say its been great.

Externally its no better quality than the chinese crap but internally its really good.

I have been using it for 2 years and have given it loads of abuse and it never moves off zero. Think it cost about £120/130ish plus postage.

Same. Good tip.

• Supporters

Same. Good tip.

Shop around and you can find some good scopes. I do have a good red dot from Hong Kong but its sight and mount in one that I find too low when using full face.

But the view is good and again its taken a kicking and still works. Try places like airsoft club, they quite often have a couple of sights that look exactly the same but one cost £35ish and the other costs over a £100 the dearer one can be quite good but it is a gamble. I have binned more red dots than any other airsoft accessory.

You need to be ready to spend a decent amount of money to get that true infinite depth from the parallax free ones. Skimp and it'll ghost or - worse - it'll break altogether on your GBBR.

I could probably go a little over £100 without being lynched, anymore will need a lot of sweet talking aha.. Any pointers are defintely welcome!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.