Hey all, Complete airsoft noob here!

TheTank

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, hows it going?

So, after wanting to get into airsoft for quite some time I have finally decided its something I would like to get into.

Ive been in the forces for the last 6 years (ill be getting out at the start of next year hopefully!) and the piss taking and banter another lad gets for doing airsoft is what kind of put me off. I know I shouldn't be bothered what people think but any how, after watching many videos on youtube I think its time to get involved!

Ive been looking at various sites and Ground Zero isnt too far from me so im thinking of checking it out next month (the wife wants to have a go too) anyone on here go there?

Any advice towards getting started would be appreciated. Im aware I need to become registered with UKARA and get a UKARA number in order to get a RIF so its Two-tone guns for me for the time being <_<

Cheers,

Pete.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :) Read all the pinned posts, lots of information, and use the search tool. http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

No, do not waste money buying two-tone. Hire guns for your three games to get site membership, then just buy a RIF. A valid defence can be achieved in 2 months, which gives you time to reseach, ask questions, change your mind, research more, and then hopefully get a decent gun that suits your budget and needs. You do not need to be on the UKARA register to buy a RIF. Here is a link to FAQ on UKARA http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/1254-popular-ukara-questions/

Thanks for the advice and info! I'll definitely get reading through everything.

I did think that about wasting my money with two tone... I'm just impatient and want it all now haha. I can wait two months... It's the sensible way to do it.

Cheers man

Pete.

Welcome, Tank,

Don't worry about what the guys say about Airsoft...we say the same about paintball 😋

I've done Ground Zero's weekenders a couple of times and it's a great site. I've never played a "regular" skirmish there, so I can't say much in the day-to-day play. But it's always seemed pretty good there.

Ditto to Jedi; rent for a while to get a feel for it, then buy when you have UKARA. There's little point in having to buy a new piece or have to (try to) repaint an aweful 2-tone job. It gives some time to look into specificly what you want - you can spend 2 months researching and planning; rather than regretting and rebuying

There's a LOT of useful info on here, so have a look through the pinned topics.

Enjoy!

Twice19

Ps, if you want to have some real fun; ask about using LiPo batteries ;-)

• Moderators

welcome, as said above, just hire, you may be lucky come your 3rd game, your RIF can be delivered and you can use it on the day, luckily that happened to me, but its due to the site I go to :)

then the spending begins....although im aure it wont be that bad! :)

Thanks for all the info guys, I will definitely just wait out on buying a gun until I can get a RIF, those two tone guys really are horrendous looking.

Im gonna head to Ground zero early next month, which I cant wait for!

Has any one got any tips on decent eye protection and in particular, a pair that wont steam up? Nothing annoys me more than a steamed up set of gigs :angry:

Thanks for all the info guys, I will definitely just wait out on buying a gun until I can get a RIF, those two tone guys really are horrendous looking.

Im gonna head to Ground zero early next month, which I cant wait for!

Has any one got any tips on decent eye protection and in particular, a pair that wont steam up? Nothing annoys me more than a steamed up set of gigs :angry:

unfortunately no goggles are 100% steam proof. You can buy something that help prevent steam such a anti-fog wipes and 'catcrap'.

Mesh goggles however never steam up (if you can get used to them), but please make sure you buy propper ones, the cheapo ones are an eye injury waiting to happen. Shooting glasses are also a good bet, but side protection is debatable.

unfortunately no goggles are 100% steam proof. You can buy something that help prevent steam such a anti-fog wipes and 'catcrap'.

Mesh goggles however never steam up (if you can get used to them), but please make sure you buy propper ones, the cheapo ones are an eye injury waiting to happen. Shooting glasses are also a good bet, but side protection is debatable.

What are the goggles like with the inbuilt fans? Id imagine they arent that good?

Ive got a set of ballistic glasses issued from work but with the gaps around the sides and underneath I can imagine a BB still getting past 'em. mmmm I dont think I could get used to the mesh ones. But, I never know until I try a pair!

What are the goggles like with the inbuilt fans? Id imagine they arent that good?

Ive got a set of ballistic glasses issued from work but with the gaps around the sides and underneath I can imagine a BB still getting past 'em. mmmm I dont think I could get used to the mesh ones. But, I never know until I try a pair!

I have never tried the fan goggles, a bit too pricey for the likes of me lol.

I opted for some basic viper goggles, and i place my lower mesh mask beneth the nose well of the goggles. This creates a little gap for some air to get in. When i did that I never fogged up. could be worth a go.

I know some people buy goggles like my viper ones and remove the inner lining to let air get in. High end paintball masks are really good aswell.

Like most things its trial and error until you find what works, and it sticks :)

• Head Moderator

This question is constantly being asked (me included), please use the search button and read the previous threads as they contain some good advice / information. Search on terms 'fogging', 'goggle' and 'mask'.

For example http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28710-fogging-please-help/?hl=fogging

This question is constantly being asked (me included), please use the search button and read the previous threads as they contain some good advice / information. Search on terms 'fogging', 'goggle' and 'mask'.

For example http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28710-fogging-please-help/?hl=fogging

the search bar on this forum is terrible

• Head Moderator

the search bar on this forum is terrible

It is not perfect, ideally we want a 3 character search function, but too many people do not even bother using it. A couple of minutes effort to use several different search terms and reading the threads found would save everyone wasted time.

This probably wont help your impulsiveness, as i was in the same situation (no ukara, or any other kit )and wanted to get my hands on a gun asap but nearly all the two-tone effects had been slapped on with a dirty great brush.

This on the other hand i actually quite liked so i bought it last week

http://www.airsoftworld.net/media/wysiwyg/GC16-MOD0-BLK_1_1.gif

(I can take some better photos this evening)

Slowly getting bits n bobs in from places/peeps have recommended on here so as they say use the search function, or as i did get google to search the site, as i was looking for DMR articles and it came up blank!?

That's actually not too bad looking! Ive got myself a two tone pistol because I couldn't help myself haha! Once I've got my UKARA I'll be spraying it anyway. No matter what RID I get it will be getting sprayed. I quite like the sprayed look.

The only things I need are literally RIF's I've got all the kit I could dream of being in the Army so I'm not going to waste any money on kit for the time being.

Only thing I've got myself so far are some safety specs and a mesh face mask.

I will eventually get some more kit because I don't really fancy running around in MTP when I wear it everyday as it is. I think I'm going to get some flecktarn trousers with padding soon, I'm a big fan of that style of camo.

I think the woodland A-Tac stuff looks amazing too, just a bit pricey!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.