Quick UKARA question

scaryscar6

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right now I am 17, and away to be 18 in a few months. I want to buy my own RIF to use, but I don't have my UKARA license just yet. If I play 3 matches in the next 3 months before my birthday, when I turn 18 will will I be able to buy a RIF? Or will I have to play 3 matches after my birthday. Thanks.

• Supporters

ask your site is the true correct answer

Somebody - a regular player got his ukara on his 18th Birthday

technically on your 18th birthday - you are 18 - well yeah dooohh

but also you have played 3 games (if you have played them of course)

I don't think it clearly states that you have to have played 3 games whilst you was 18yrs old

but more like 18 and have played 3 games blah blah blah.........

Therefore = regular player from 17.75yrs old & turning 18 you "could" be eligible to be entered on database

but all down to site - they could be picky and demand this n that I guess - it is their recommendation & form processing etc....

• Head Moderator

Check that your site is UKARA registered, not all are. You should still be able to buy guns in the UK with a valid site membership though even if not on the UKARA database. Just as Mr Duck says, check details with your local site to make sure you know what they will allow you to do, whether games before your 18th birthday count towards membership once 18.

Check with your site owner next time you are down there. Like sitting duck said, you may or may not be able to start your 3 games in 2 months thing, but I would think most would allow you to as at the end of the day, they know you are a regular skirmisher there, and not a guy trying to get hold of an RIF.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.