Anyone going Trojan tomorrow?

RoBbDaBaNkK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nope. Went there a few times way back when though, well run little site.

My favourite memory took place in the safe zone

*Wavy nostalgia lines*

I had unpacked with my rifle on a table.

Stranger: Nice gun

Me: Cheers

Stranger: So, you swear by M4's too then?

Me: Its a Sig 552.

He walked away after that, came back at lunch insisting I try his Tar-21.

He told me it was the best gun he ever had, then sold it to someone else an hour later. Very weird.

Everything is an M4 unless it's a bullpup or has wooden nature. I think that's just about anyone that buys anything Ares by the way:

1-3 months

Wow this thing looks and shoots great.

3-6 months

Wow this thing looks great.

6-12 months

*sold

Guessing that Ares stuff ain't so good in your eyes then? New to all this so wouldn't know.

Nope. Went there a few times way back when though, well run little site.

My favourite memory took place in the safe zone

*Wavy nostalgia lines*

I had unpacked with my rifle on a table.

Stranger: Nice gun

Me: Cheers

Stranger: So, you swear by M4's too then?

Me: Its a Sig 552.

He walked away after that, came back at lunch insisting I try his Tar-21.

He told me it was the best gun he ever had, then sold it to someone else an hour later. Very weird.

How are the SIG 552s? Seen 1 before hand but not a common gun.

A mate of mine has one & he loves using it but mags are proprietary even though they look more or less like an M4 mag, I think they're in between an M4 & m16 mag

How are the SIG 552s? Seen 1 before hand but not a common gun.

They are cool, very M4 CQB-R but with mags requiring more practice.

The only downside was the reliability of mine. I loved the thing but it's 5th trip back to Fire Support in a year and a half was enough for me to sell it in the end.

Maybe mine was just a dud, ICS guns usually have a pretty solid rep.

• Supporters

The only downside was the reliability of mine. I loved the thing but it's 5th trip back to Fire Support in a year and a half was enough for me to sell it in the end.

How do the mags require more practice?

Must have been. ICS seem to have good ratings across the board.

Yeah it takes practice to reload any gun quick but still dont get how it takes more practice with a Sig 552 compared to any other gun.

Unless you got the angle spot on they wouldn't slot in correctly. The magazines would still lock into the gun but wouldn't be sitting quite high enough to feed. M4 mags are obviously just a straight up push. I hope this information quenches your thirst for Sig reloading knowledge.

• Supporters

Unless you got the angle spot on they wouldn't slot in correctly. The magazines would still lock into the gun but wouldn't be sitting quite high enough to feed. M4 mags are obviously just a straight up push. I hope this information quenches your thirst for Sig reloading knowledge.

Never had this problem with mine and I have been using it for about 2 years. Mag change is same as the AK which means yes you have to slot the front in first but its just as quick as an M4. I actually find it more natural and fluid pulling out a mag and reloading than I do with an M4.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.