Best winter gas - Opinions

Neilbarker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm just wondering what you guys have found to be a better gas for GBBR's in winter? I've used the nuprol 3.0 with terrible results, standard green gas gives decent results but after a few fills the performance drops off, I'm hesitant to try the nurpol 4.0 but I have heard that its a better gas for cold temps, just wondering what you guys have found works and gives decent results for a full days play.

Cheers

• Root Admin

CO2 if you can do it and it's properly regulated in a decent gun. If not, Nuprol 4.0 and Guarder Powerful as the strongest (I use Guarder Powerful) along with propane. The fact of the matter is your GBBR isn't going to work in the winters here even with the best green gas. Find CO2 magazines or consider HPA.

One final thing you can do is buy hand warmers and keep your magazines warm before you fire them; buy decent one-use hand warmers (like MyCoal ones) and not the microwavable kind - one per pouch and they should stay hot for up to 6-7 hours.

• Root Admin

Yeh, I just mean to watch your FPS - an NPAS should be fine. I'm just thinking of a lot of CO2 pistols that shoot far too hot and get CO2 banned for everyone.

By and large they should be, but you've not told us what gun you have. The WA system - for example - has some good CO2 magazines out there (like GHK). The bulb should be stored within the magazine so as far as the rest of the gun is concerned it's business as usual.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.