Own a RiF by being in a gun club without UKARA License?

harry84546

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I was browsing a site called JustBBguns as I am looking for a gun to start to play with in the spring/summer.

I noticed this gun which will be seen as a RiF.

The page had a list of criteria which you had to fill at least one in order to buy one.

One of the criteria said to be part of a shooting club, now, I am a member of a gun club. Would I still be able to purchase this gun?

FYI, This is the criteria on the page:

To buy this item you must have one of the following:

• Current UKARA membership
  • Membership to a skirmish site
  • Member of a shooting club
  • Airsoft 101 club member
  • Member of a re-enactment group or society
  • A film, television or theatre production company
  • Acting on behalf of a museum
  • Crown Servant in pursuance of your Crown duties
  • Delivery address outside of the UK

IMPORTANT: Proof will be required before this item can be sent to you. If you cannot supply the relevant information a cancellation fee may be charged. For more information please see our terms and conditions.

Thanks for the help!

• Supporters

Well first you would have to be 18+

(you have to be 18 or over to buy a 2-tone gun)

Next it is down to seller to satisfy themselves the adult purchaser has a valid defense

Yes UKARA is not the only defense but it is the most widely accepted and easiest to verify

(UKARA retailers have direct access to the UKARA database - a more up to date than the self check ukara)

The seller has to decide if the buyer passes the vcra requirements

or they themselves may face action and/or their own ukara being revoked

A gun membership does NOT clearly pass the actual requirements

just because a person holds a valid firearms license or a member of armed forces

that does not entitle them to purchase a RIF

Kind of crazy if you already own a real friggin' gun locked away in gun case

but going 101% by the vcra book it does not guarantee you the right to purchase a RIF airsoft toy gun

(though I would reckon most retailers may at least consider it if joining a airsoft skirmish site and avoid 3 game waiting)

JBBG - they are clowns at best often selling to kids & noobs quite $hit guns at daft prices

often is the first place newcomers buy from - quickly learning it will be the last place on earth they will buy from again

JambWow talks more bollox than me - so I wouldn't hold your breath coz he is fluent in 101% pure bull$hit

Join a club - do 3 games and then buy from a decent retailer rather than some clown talking out of his ar$e

(Jambwow btw - I talk out my ar$e but I'm a pratt not some chubby clown liar bastid)

As for member of shooting club....

my m8 has 30 years experience in IT

but as he is a delivery driver & teaboy for PC World - he is the last person to ask about computer problems

• Head Moderator

UKARA is not a licence just a retailer database, which you do not have to be on. This link from New Player Guides & Info is the FAQ on UKARA http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/1254-popular-ukara-questions/.

Read the pinned posts in New Players & Arrivals, it will help answer some questions you may have. http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/forum/11-new-players-arrivals/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.