Who uses propane

MrMcG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As title really

I seem to have built up a fearsome amount of gas guns and as such my green gas bill will sky rocket 😬

Just bought an adaptor for propane and I'm aware of the few drops of oil every 8 or so mags.

Is everyone using the Coleman stuff as that's all I've seen in use generally but the smell I guess would annoy people in cqb environments so maybe just use gas for that unless there is an alternative

Coleman for the win.. Once you go propane you never go back.. no wait that doesn't rhyme.

KWA should be fine with propane, but it's said TM cant handle it (built for dustergas after all)

AI adapters are suppose to last longer and damage your stuff less or something like that than madbull/others (plus they give you a spare tip^^)

I have been using propane dry recently, I keep finding that no matter how I lube it, the first dozen shots sprays my hop and barrel with stupid amounts of silicon, which is less than ideal!

Just clean it before a game and re lube. Maybe a drop through the day as required.

I have the airsoft innovations and the mad bull nipples, much of a muchness, can't fault either.

Some people claim their TM can handle propane, many claim it can't, I have a alloy slide, but the tm nozzle has survived both propane and co2.

I have been using propane dry recently, I keep finding that no matter how I lube it, the first dozen shots sprays my hop and barrel with stupid amounts of silicon, which is less than ideal!

Just clean it before a game and re lube. Maybe a drop through the day as required.

I have the airsoft innovations and the mad bull nipples, much of a muchness, can't fault either.

Some people claim their TM can handle propane, many claim it can't, I have a alloy slide, but the tm nozzle has survived both propane and co2.

I did wonder about that especially the soaking hop and barrel which isn't good!

I was thinking I'd just stick some maintenance gas through it every now and then

• Root Admin

Is everyone using the Coleman stuff as that's all I've seen in use generally but the smell I guess would annoy people in cqb environments so maybe just use gas for that unless there is an alternative

Pure odourless propane is unfortunately illegal :(

Yeh, some can and some can't. The newer stuff handles it well because Japan is finally realising they can get decent sales in the west (but that means making guns that can handle going over 1J).

Embrace the tactical odour

I use an oil pump kit rather than using silicone drops. Google Airsoft Innovations oil pump kit. It's a little tube that lets you dose entire bottles at once similar to green gas.

And when you buy a bottle from Amazon and get two delivered by mistake, you can laugh at the green gas users who have no more money :D

I made the switch as well and I won't go back - so much cheaper than green gas. The smell is something you get used to over time but be prepared to take some friendly abuse in the safe zone when you're gassing up mags.

Only thing that would make me stop using propane is if HPA kits became more affordable (give it time).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.