Newbie impulsive.... #Fail!

Barny

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, looking for a bit of battery and charger advise.

Rather impulsively, i'm like that sadly, i bought the G&G GC16 30th edition from airsoft world the other night, oddly i kinda like the snakeskin two-tone effect :rolleyes:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

Now i didn't realise at the time it doesn't come with a battery or a charger. I see on their page and from an email chat with them that they list the Vapex cells and a little charger for it.

My question is, should i just order this from them, or, is it better for me to go for somewhere/something else. I'm not necessarily looking to start upgrading the gun from the off, but in the interests of potential further upgrades/saving some money/buying a better grade of kit kinda thing.

Any help appreciated

• Supporters

YOU WANT MINI-TAMIYA CONNECTOR BTW - GET 2 BATTERIES BTW

These are some options and better than buying an old skool nimah battery & crappy basic smart charger.

You could go nutz and get a Imax B6 and other lipo's from hobbyking for example....

You can squeeze a longer 160mm twin stick lipo in the front handguard but the batteries listed should fit easy and provide a decent punch

Sweet thanks for your help! :)

These are some options and better than buying an old skool nimah battery & crappy basic smart charger.
You could go nutz and get a Imax B6 and other lipo's from hobbyking for example....
You can squeeze a longer 160mm twin stick lipo in the front handguard but the batteries listed should fit easy and provide a decent punch

What would those batteries be sir on hobbyking? This gun is in my list of potential M4's and as you may remember i have no clues when it comes to lipo batteries and you advised me before for my G36:)

• Supporters

HobbyKing is great but the buyer has to do a bit more homework/research themselves.....

There is a LOT of battery options - some at very cheap prices but have to check the dimensions

Yes they do some airsoft batteries - though the airsoft batteries they sell are limited in burst rating = C

and some of them are 166mm long which is too long for crane stocks - aprox 125-ish for crane stocks

diameters also vary - G&G cranes are a bit narrow 18mm max tubes - others have a diameter in tube of 22mm

MP5k's - jeeeeeeez they are like 17.999999mmm diamter and a number of single stick batteries are f*cking tight

If the buyer measures their battery compartment - and I STRONGLY advise checking by making up a dummy battery

from cardboard, sticky back plastic washing up bottle or something ffs to triple check....

Then they "may" find they can get a small compact block type battery which is a bit cheaper and more mah than HobbyKing's Airsoft ones

Also buyer beware you can easily order 1 battery from UK and another battery/charger from HongKong

If UK are out of stock - next place is to get them from EU (Netherlands)

in fact last time I checked HobbyKing Airsoft batteries come from HongKong or EU - not sold on HobbyKing UK

Yes an Imax B6 (genuine) is a good mofo charger but will need psu unless you buy the B6 AC version

plus if on mini tamiya you may need to get some adapter leads to charge the mini tamiya lipo on a B6

hence for ease of use the B3 type is a lot easier to use out of box no matter what connector your gun uses on lipo's

So for an ease of life - component shop

if buying in bulk loads and upgrading - HobbyKing but do ya homework properly first

Rather impulsively, i'm like that sadly, i bought the G&G GC16 30th edition from airsoft world the other night, oddly i kinda like the snakeskin two-tone effect :rolleyes:

Did you order the black one and it comes with the snakeskin effect or ask for a two tone and it came like that? I'd prefer it in just black but concerned their 'black' is actually 'blue snake skin' :)

• Moderators

Did you order the black one and it comes with the snakeskin effect or ask for a two tone and it came like that? I'd prefer it in just black but concerned their 'black' is actually 'blue snake skin' :)

if I was getting one, it would have to be black....less likely the wife would notice it hiding in the wardrobe with the others.....;)

I'm without ukara so i went with the snake effect, i kinda like it

I'm without ukara so i went with the snake effect, i kinda like it

Ah, makes sense :)

I went for this now though :)http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_494&products_id=4397

Still like the look of the 30th anniversary though :)

It gets worse, gun arrived at work after i'd left and couldnt get back there to collect it, so i cant get used to it till next week :angry::wacko::rolleyes::D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.