Torso protection

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was in swim class, about to do some swimming, and just before I got into the pool, my mate said (I will word it exactly as he said it)

"Wtf is that big red spot. You look like a baboon" I'm not a baboon, and this made me very sad :(

Jokes aside - I don't really want these large welts.. What do you guys do to minimise the welts?

It's also annoying, as I do a lot of "pussyball" as a lot of you call it on here (ok, football) and this results in me sweating, and sweat contains salt, salt & open wound = not good.

I know I could just wear layers, or buy a vest. But I just want to hear what you do.

Personally, I think one of those baselayer/skin things, along side a t shirt, fitted with a fleece (the fleece isn't that thick, it's not a hoodie) would be good.

Thanks guys.

• Supporters

Wearing so much gear will also make you heat up really quickly, a coat is a good insulator, but combining that with a molle-vest, it's just unbelievable how hot you'll get in such a short amount of time. And you won't be able to feel hits, I'd rather have small welts than not being able to feel hits at all and causing problems on a game day

Man up really.. its part of the game..

So much protection. Means a hot n sweaty you who will not call hits as you cant feel anything.

This will piss u off for being too sweaty and the other team for cheating!!

Getting pinged is part of the experience, if you dont wana get shot, stay in the safe zone ;)

I tend to wear a long sleeve tee and a sweatshirt. Sometimes a vest or rig. But thats generally it. Anymore is too warm anyless stings too bloody much :) but still get hit, it still hurts (depending on distance gun etc) and i still look like i have the pox for a fewdays.

I personally wouldnt layer up to minimise welts in mind though for reasons above.

Just a ubacs and a chest rig, or plate carrier. Im setting up another loadout wich is just a ubacs, coat and a belt/harness. Either is fine, as i will hear or feel the hits. The carriers and rigs are really more for load carrying and looking tacticool than any protection, as i find i always get hit somewhere else anyway lol

Just a few layers should do it, thick t shirt and fleece or hoodie. Unfortunately it also depends how well (or not) you bruise.

Some people have misunderstood me..

I don't mind the welts, but not on such a large scale. It makes my football (which is my number 1 hobby ) hard to play. And I did not mean wearing a coat..

If you read, I said I'd wear a very thin baselayer, a t shirt, and a fleece. And the fleece is not thick at all. Last time I played, I used a t shirt, and that was it. Was it worth the large welts? No.

I'm not going to wear a flipping coat lol... And what maybe I didn't get across, is, it'd be easier for me, if I reduced the welt size just by a little bit, just so it was easier for me to play football.

Airsoft isn't my only hobby, since I can't play the game much, I don't want my other hobbies being harder to play..

Thanks.

EDIT: I think it could've been one of my grand parents who had something called "von Willebrand". Which is something like you bleed easier than normal people, and they may have weak blood vessels, hence they bruise a lot. If it is genetic, then I have a chance of inheriting.

• Head Moderator

Some options are not to play any CQB sites/games, lay down with the sniper rifle and remain hidden, wear some thicker clothes and just man-up.

Alternately this is always an option, rofl :) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Childs-Motorbike-Enduro-Sports-Armour/dp/B00DG0BDEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453288750&sr=8-1&keywords=bmx+armour

61Ehv7zdWdL._SL1024_.jpg

So you wore just a t-shirt and ended up covered in welts.... Lol. Easy option is wear a combat shirt... If untucked it'll absorb impact a bit.

So you wore just a t-shirt and ended up covered in welts.... Lol. Easy option is wear a combat shirt... If untucked it'll absorb impact a bit.

This was what I was looking for. Just little bits of advice, that will just turn the welts a tiny but smaller.

Not the piss take answers. Albeit funny, not what I was really looking for. And we're quite spiteful.

But never mind, thanks for the help.

• Supporters

Not the piss take answers. Albeit funny, not what I was really looking for. And we're quite spiteful.

You may have picked the wrong forum for that ;)

It's all meant in good fun though so please don't take offence!

A chest rig or plate carrier will help take the sting out of the centre mass hits but failing that you could look at a UBACS like the Viper one that has padding in the arms. Maybe a paintball shirt (I seem to remember some have quilted sleeves).

You may have picked the wrong forum for that ;)

It's all meant in good fun though so please don't take offence!

A chest rig or plate carrier will help take the sting out of the centre mass hits but failing that you could look at a UBACS like the Viper one that has padding in the arms. Maybe a paintball shirt (I seem to remember some have quilted sleeves).

Yeah it's all fun and stuff, and a few comments being jokes is cool. But when all the comments are 'jokes' I don't think it's that funny, specially when I was seeking some advice.

I woke up this morning, and saw the replies, saw the first bit of banter, and I laughed, them saw all the other comments, and they were mostly the same. When I was seeking some advice, and the advice was needed, and without the advice I'd carry on playing football in stress, with all the sweat mixing into an open wound. And I play football 5 times a week...

But yeah. Apart from that. Everything is cool. lol.

OR maybe I'm missing the whole point, and I'm meant to play airsoft without a top on..

Thanks.

• Supporters

Yeah it's all fun and stuff, and a few comments being jokes is cool. But when all the comments are 'jokes' I don't think it's that funny, specially when I was seeking some advice.

I woke up this morning, and saw the replies, saw the first bit of banter, and I laughed, them saw all the other comments, and they were mostly the same. When I was seeking some advice, and the advice was needed, and without the advice I'd carry on playing football in stress, with all the sweat mixing into an open wound. And I play football 5 times a week...

OR maybe I'm missing the whole point, and I'm meant to play airsoft without a top on..

Thanks.

Try something like this: http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/paintball-clothing/paintball-jerseys/eclipse-hde-jersey-camo.html#.Vp_CEvmLSt8

It's padded in the chest, shoulders and arms. It won't STOP you getting welts but it may well help to mitigate them. There's trousers etc too.

I get bleeders more than a lot of my mates, don't know why but there it is. I have a customer facing job so I try and make sure that if I know I have something coming up then I wear something more likely to give me protection. My UBACS (a Viper one) has fairly heavy cotton sleeves which help but I have taken the foam pads out as they make the arms stiff and I hate that. I run a WAS 901 chest rig with the back panel so I don't get too many hits there either but there's always going to be spots where you get hit that will welt up (side of the chest, inside the leg/arm). If it really is a serious health issue for you then maybe change your play style - use cover more effectively and simply try harder to not get shot.

• Supporters

Thanks.

Sorry but when you post a topic on an airsoft forum about how to protect your self from welts then your painting yourself as a target.

As people have said welts are just part of the game. One of the biggest problems with hit taking is people padding up to much so they dont feel it.

No ones seriously saying just wear a t-shirt thats for stupid people and was a joke. Cover all bare skin and wear a PC if you are worried, that will prevent a lot. Anything that you get after that is unavoidable it is after all a contact sport/game.

If your worried about getting sweat into cuts though I honestly would say toughen up a bit it wont kill you. I go to work and get grease, dirt and all sorts of chemicals into the the open cuts and welts on my arms and havent died yet or given it a second thought.

Youth of today really needs to toughen up and now you have made me sound old 😠

It's not the "I hate the pain, it's unbearable" as I've been shot up lots of times.. It's more the 'hard to play other sport' problem.

Thanks for suggesting that top, but I'll just stick with the UBACS (I think it's called) top, with maybe a baselayer skin thing and a fleece, which is not as thick as a hoodie, so won't sweat me out like a pig.

Thanks.

• Moderators

just wear a chest rig or similar, covers the front and a top underneath, I wear a long sleeve top or helikon combat shirts depending on mood and a chest rig to store my mars bar (s), milky bar buttins, phone and car keys in and letter to the wife if something happens, still get hit between the gaps etc, right in the fat ​ meat, it hurts like normal but for seconds like anywhere else, different parts of the body respond differently, wearing a top lose/tight I don't think helps much from my experience as its a bb with 'power' hitting you, you're still gonna feel it....ok I do run into firefights, gotta get the most out of my game fee!

why not try some rugby under armour....dryfit material with padding in places...

i'll show you next time your at tuddenham, sometimes I'm colour blind!!! haha :)

just wear a chest rig or similar, covers the front and a top underneath, I wear a long sleeve top or helikon combat shirts depending on mood and a chest rig to store my mars bar (s), milky bar buttins, phone and car keys in and letter to the wife if something happens, still get hit between the gaps etc, right in the fat ​ meat, it hurts like normal but for seconds like anywhere else, different parts of the body respond differently, wearing a top lose/tight I don't think helps much from my experience as its a bb with 'power' hitting you, you're still gonna feel it....ok I do run into firefights, gotta get the most out of my game fee!

why not try some rugby under armour....dryfit material with padding in places...

i'll show you next time your at tuddenham, sometimes I'm colour blind!!! haha :)

Yeah, haha, made me laugh.

What I should of made this whole thread about is, "do you think this setup of clothing would be good" not "here's a chance to ruin me, and call me a ponce" lol.. Thinking - a UBACS top with a baselayer (under armour thing, but no padding) and a fleece, this way, I stay warm, I will definately feel my hits, and still get hurt. As I think that feeling of 'I know what it feels like to be hit' makes you play more sneaky.. Instead of running in like a banana out of its skin.. I probably won't invest in a PC..

Yeah, I don't know when I'll next be at a tuddenham game... Waiting for some money to get this SDiK for the vsr.

Otherwise you'll see a 5ft 2 inches dude with a ICS CXP.. Hopefully I'll see some guys at tuddenham next game... Potentially see you there, are you regularly playing there now? I remember you had your first match there like a month ago or something..

Thanks again.

• Moderators

nope, not regular, only that once after xmas, wife wont let me haha (all based around her work/kids and under 7s football training), then if all ok i get to go on a afternoon to UA or sunday to tudders! :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.