Pyro - safe storage

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

What to members do to safely store their Mk5 cardboard pyro before a skirmish and any unused ones afterwards?

Also, being cardboard what precautions do you need to keep it dry so that it works when used?

I have a metal ammo tin which should keep them fairly secure in the garage but do not want them getting damp, so thought I could put some silicone gel bags in the tin to soak up any moisture.

usually keep em near the open fire so they went get too cold..

nah seriously thou, just chuck em in the kitchen drawer, its what I did (and forgot about it for a year or so!). if damp is the problem, why not just put em in a plastic bag? could always ask the site how they store em!

Hi,

I have an old metal ammo tin that I keep mine in and then stick a few bags of Silica Gel in too.

I keep a few pea grenade strikers to remove the issue about the Mk5 strikers coming off.

Mike-

• Root Admin

Chuck them in the bag until next time. They dont need any special storage.

This is probably the deal for most people. I know I get a lot of condensation here so I'm careful with some of my guns and gear so they don't go rusty of mouldy. For the cost of a few bags of silica gel I see it as worth it, but if you're in a house with decent insulation then yeh just put them anywhere. They're obviously designed to mitigate against the cold and damp anyway.

The biggest problem I've had is the striker cap falling off some of the cheaper brands whilst I've been running or taking them out/putting them into pouches.

I have one of these on my rig for that reason http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tdc-strike-tag-necklace

As for storage between games, I usually just leave them in a pouch in my kit bag...

• Head Moderator

Thanks guys, just thought I would see what others did with their pyro before just leaving outside in the garage or in my kit bag inside the house.

I just keep mine in the utility room next to the rest of my stuff. I empty my bag when I get in now after a accident involving a bag of BBS and a upside down rucksack or I would just leave them there. I don't think they need special care when you store them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.