New chest rig advice needed please

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had experience of this rig?

Mil-Tec Laser MOLLE Carrier Vest - http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Mil-Tec-Laser-Cut-MOLLE-Plate-Carrier-Vest-OD-Green-Military/p/4/3/563636/

Below are my requirements for a new chest rig if you have any other suggestions in the £50(ish) price bracket:

- Lightweight (as I play quick paced CQB mainly)

- the vest only needs to hold 4 x Ares M4 mid-cap mags & 1 x TRMR via a pouch

- Able to MOLLE on the sides of the rig (this is important to me because I want to lie down and keep the front of the vest free)

- Dark green (I am going for this color so I can use it outdoors and also it will blend well in dark CQB environments, going back to the post the other day on here about dark colors being best for blending in in the night).

- Not vital, but I would ideally like to mount a single point sling in the shoulder straps too

Thanks all ;)

• Head Moderator

If you want lightweight then you could also consider using a battle belt instead, it keeps you cooler than that plate carrier will. You have the mag pouches to the sides on your hips and then room to the rear for dump pouch, etc, depending on what type of pouches you choose. I use one and have no problems laying prone and changing mags, and like all kit it justs needs some practice to get familiar with positions of pouches and mag change drills.

This is the same as mine at £50, although I used a discount code to get between 10 and 20% off - http://www.uktactical.com/p-8712-warrior-plb-belt-olive-drab.aspx

Not sure if Ranger Green is darker than Olive Drab.

This is an example of a fully filled belt - http://www.uktactical.com/p-10356-warrior-belt-mk1-utility-combo-olive-drab.aspx

The Gunfighter belt is above your price point but I would say the best option if you go down the route of belts - http://www.uktactical.com/p-11541-gunfighter-belt-olivie-drab.aspx

Anyway, more options for you if not actually answering your OP, and no sling point.

If you want lightweight then you could also consider using a battle belt instead, it keeps you cooler than that plate carrier will. You have the mag pouches to the sides on your hips and then room to the rear for dump pouch, etc, depending on what type of pouches you choose. I use one and have no problems laying prone and changing mags, and like all kit it justs needs some practice to get familiar with positions of pouches and mag change drills.

This is the same as mine at £50, although I used a discount code to get between 10 and 20% off - http://www.uktactical.com/p-8712-warrior-plb-belt-olive-drab.aspx

Not sure if Ranger Green is darker than Olive Drab.

This is an example of a fully filled belt - http://www.uktactical.com/p-10356-warrior-belt-mk1-utility-combo-olive-drab.aspx

The Gunfighter belt is above your price point but I would say the best option if you go down the route of belts - http://www.uktactical.com/p-11541-gunfighter-belt-olivie-drab.aspx

Anyway, more options for you if not actually answering your OP, and no sling point.

Thanks Jedi.

I have been looking at belts as it happens (post our private convo) but one my concerns is whether your core gets shot to buggery, does it? I normally just wear a thin, breathable top. But like you allude to, that belt does fulfill the need(s).

Do you have suspender straps with that warrior belt on your setup?

• Head Moderator
one my concerns is whether your core gets shot to buggery, does it? I normally just wear a thin, breathable top.

Yes, you do get shot. Last Sunday I took multiple shots to my chest and stomach, some 20+ welts mainly across my gut. I wear two layers, running style top under my outer layer, which last time was UBACs and so also thin. I could do with some padding but do not want a plate carrier. Normally wearing a thicker top it is fine. At least you know that you have been hit :)

The belt does have loops for suspenders / yoke but I do not use them.

• Moderators

now with suspenders straps....I expected a different reply from Jedi!

UKT have a 10% at moment on Warrior stuff unless my email was wrong.

Have you looked at Viper and Condor?, I think Viper do a vest that is rather breathable molle...cant link as lappy and forum not working....and not always posting the text from replies! :(

Yes, you do get shot. Last Sunday I took multiple shots to my chest and stomach, some 20+ welts mainly across my gut. I wear two layers, running style top under my outer layer, which last time was UBACs and so also thin. I could do with some padding but do not want a plate carrier. Normally wearing a thicker top it is fine. At least you know that you have been hit :)

The belt does have loops for suspenders / yoke but I do not use them.

I think playstyle has something to do with it too.

That one door in the mall basement with the pillar just inside, from the first game.... the rest of the day I never did find that doorway again.

• Head Moderator

I think playstyle has something to do with it too.

That one door in the mall basement with the pillar just inside, from the first game.... the rest of the day I never did find that doorway again.

Maybe I need to find some larger players to go in front of me. It worked well when I followed Lafta into Peacocks at the end of one game, we both drew fire but made it. Sometimes you just have to go forward :)

• Head Moderator

now with suspenders straps....I expected a different reply from Jedi!

Suspenders does seem a very American term, better to say harness. When I think of suspenders, it is that essential kit for holding up ones stockings (which are much more practical than wearing tights).

• Head Moderator

Not sometimes, ALL TIMES

Or try finding a flanking route to take the fight to them from another direction but still going forward.

• Supporters

Just outside C&A basement round the corner from the stairs to Salisbury and other end of corridor to Pixie corner.

I can draw you a map if you want?☺

I think i have been going every other week nearly since june and i still get lost in the basement lol so i tend to stay upstairs more lol

I see you down there on Sunday just gone

Yep was nice meeting you. hope you had a great day.

Nearly had to rugby tackle Jedi cos he looked like he was twitching to go orange pmsl

• Supporters

I think i have been going every other week nearly since june and i still get lost in the basement lol so i tend to stay upstairs more lol

Thats why the private games are better. With less people you travel round and explore a bit more than you would on a Sunday. After doing a few of those you learn the layout pretty well.

• Head Moderator

Nearly had to rugby tackle Jedi cos he looked like he was twitching to go orange pmsl

I would not willingly go over to the orange team, but at that point it was not clear which half of us the marshalls would chose. Good call in the end, we (forum members) all ended up on the green team. Now just have to teach people that when they call a challenge they do need to say what colour they are and not just "colour?". In the basement we did have a clasic blue on blue in the dark when whole bunch of players were exchanging shots and no one had clarified what side they were on.

In the basement we did have a clasic blue on blue in the dark when whole bunch of players were exchanging shots and no one had clarified what side they were on.

Players shooting at players in airsoft, and you no like! Whats wrong with you?

• Head Moderator

I love the shooting part but sometimes it is a pain to have a long walk back to regen because of friendly fire.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.