my first AirSoft experience

DANNY THOMAS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So Sunday just gone (17th January) was my first AirSoft game at S.W.A.T AirSoft Liverpool. Thought I would post my experience up here.. may help anyone who is wondering what there first experience will be like and what I found out from it.

Well after having 3.5 hours of sleep I woke up later got to the site at around 11am. I wore black nike track suit joggers, black jordan hoody and black jordan shoes. The site is 2 warehouses connected together with outside areas also, however on this particular day we couldn't use the outside due to heavy snow throughout the night before. One thing I noticed about this site and I believe AirSoft will have this overall, there was vast amount of ground to cover. In fact at this Liverpool site there was 3 floors, compared with Paintball tends to be really small setup games.

Once checked in and paid £60 in total for rental equipment, entrance fee & BBs. Was given a G36 electric gun (if I had requested or arrived at 9am I could of opted for a M4). The gun felt sluggish although I think this was because of 2 things, NUMBER 1. It's a rental gun, NUMBER 2, it's actually kind of hard to get to grips with actually pulling the trigger in full allowing the BB to fire and then releasing, otherwise your gun won't actually fire BBS and just 'click'.

S.W.A.T AirSoft Liverpool staff and players were great, everyone was friendly, staff were happy to explain things in more detail when needed and keep checking my gun. For first time AirSoft people there's a lot to take in. For example if my gun stopped firing BBs, first change to full auto mode and then back to single fire, this resets the gearbox. But with no light or touch this was handwork when in dark rooms and corners of cover. Still not firing? Make sure your mag doesn't need to be turned under neither to push the BBs up. Still not firing? Then you may need to reload, again very hard work in dark rooms and when in cover.

Throughout the whole day the main things I noticed;

1. majority of rental guns were G36 standard with no upgrades or attachments.

2. majority of owned guns were M4 or M16.

3. only 1 person was running a gas bottle.

4. majority of people wore clear plastic glasses or mesh goggles/glasses.

5. it isn't plain sailing operating a AirSoft rifle.

6. money won't solve everything, I seen a guy getting kills with a £12 shotgun!

7 . be there for the enrolment in the morning so you can order, pizza! I had to eat a pot noodle, didn't' compete.

When I have asked about mesh goggles on the forum people seemed to frown upon them and made me feel negative about them. But the first mask I was given included in my rental was mesh! I had a positive day with the mask and the mesh was absolutely fine, even when I was shot by an M4 5 foot away. the mesh didn't dent or nothing. Only think I would say, the full face mask was very unsociable and made it hard for me to talk to other players in between game modes. It also made it difficult to have a drink. But other players had cigarettes etc. so moving forward, probably won't get a full face mask.

All people I spoke to were friendly and i shot a few other peoples pistols. I shot a BlowBack pistol & a electric pistol and the Blowback was much more fun! The blowback pistol seemed to be more reliable to as when i took a few shots with the electric it miss fired. although When i discussed with with other people at the event they said electric is more reliable.

Summary;

I am looking at Blowback rifle and pistol as they seem more fun and realistic. Where as prior to this first ever AirSoft I was more favoured to electric. I am also looking to purchase a light/torch before I even get my first gun! I am also thinking that when I watch load out videos of people with 6/7/8 mags it's OTT and you would probably be in a better position if you replaced half of them mags with grenades.

I found that paintball hurts more but you get hit less and less gameplay. However with AirSoft, the pain is more like a pinch and you tend to get hit more and have more play time also. Paintball is a lot more run and shoot. I found AirSoft to be a tactical and thinking game, with plenty of ground the cover it gave room for different routes to the enemy and the objectives.

Also by visiting my local AirSoft site these players new of local places to grab supplies that I hadn't been able to find online or on forums. Before this event I thought my closest AirSoft shop was Huddersfield (49 miles from Liverpool) or Staffordshire (60 miles from Liverpool). Turns out there is a shop in Runcorn called BombedUp (14 miles from Liverpool).

Summary;

I am looking at Blowback rifle and pistol as they seem more fun and realistic. Where as prior to this first ever AirSoft I was more favoured to electric. I am also looking to purchase a light/torch before I even get my first gun! I am also thinking that when I watch load out videos of people with 6/7/8 mags it's OTT and you would probably be in a better position if you replaced half of them mags with grenades.

Also by visiting my local AirSoft site these players new of local places to grab supplies that I hadn't been able to find online or on forums. Before this event I thought my closest AirSoft shop was Huddersfield (49 miles from Liverpool) or Staffordshire (60 miles from Liverpool). Turns out there is a shop in Runcorn called BombedUp (14 miles from Liverpool).

Welcome!

Magazines come in a variety of sizes, however while your standard hi-cap will be 300-500 BBs up to 2500, and higher with box mags. Low/real cap is a thing, and mid cap is what's in between. Its likely players carrying several magazines either had midcaps or Gas mags.

Mid caps do not require winding, you were no doubt given at least 2 hicaps - you mentioned both winding and reloading. Mid caps require no winding but typically hold 1/4 as many BBs.

I used an electric hicap for the first time yesterday, I may never used it again, it rattled so much.

Gas mags generally have little space for BBs, and hold typically not more than twice the amount of shots the real gun would take.

Edited by Sacarathe

i only pointed out that i was given one hi mag.. as it was an inconvenience to try and refill mid game, and wind and switch from safety to auto to single fire. etc etc. as i stated. not to correct you.

2 mags would have been nice :)

Good review, just what i needed as it'll be my first time soon B)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.