Airsoft gun for home defence

Pricey-1991

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own several airsoft guns, and two .177 pstols (one is a dian wesson revolver, one is a government issue 1911), both look very real and both fire a C02 propelled metal BB (or pellet in the revolver's case).

If someone broke into my house, I would (illegally, as mentioned above) point one of those .177 pistols at them, not the airsoft rifles/pistols.

If they "called my bluff" (as also mentioned above), I'd shoot.

Several 177 metal bbs coming at 350-400FPS will put a man down I reckon, with a small likelyhood of extreme/fatal injury.

That's not my advice as that would be highly illegal, but it's what I'd do.

As the guy at the top said: a man's home is his castle, if you choose to defend it as I would, then you'd have to deal with whatever consequences the law would throw at you.

If this was America, you'd just kneecap 'em :)

I own several airsoft guns, and two .177 pstols (one is a dian wesson revolver, one is a government issue 1911), both look very real and both fire a C02 propelled metal BB (or pellet in the revolver's case).

If someone broke into my house, I would (illegally, as mentioned above) point one of those .177 pistols at them, not the airsoft rifles/pistols.

Several 177 metal bbs coming at 350-400FPS will put a man down I reckon, with a small likelyhood of extreme/fatal injury.

That's not my advice as that would be highly illegal, but it's what I'd do.

As the guy at the top said: a man's home is his castle, if you choose to defend it as I would, then you'd have to deal with whatever consequences the law would throw at you.

If this was America, you'd just kneecap 'em :)

you make a good point, I also own airguns but they're rifles so very unwieldly and difficult to use around the house hence why I'd use a blunt tool, and as for the bluffing with an airgun its a bit different to an airsoft gun because airguns can actually do damage whereas if they called your bluff and you were holding just an airsoft gun and you decided to shoot anyway I have a feeling they'd probably just laugh at you, that might distract them enough for you to go for them if you were that way inclined though, who knows :P but there was a story in a paper a while back of some bloke using his air rifle to defend his home and the judges said it was perfectly reasonable I'll have a quick google and see if I can find it.

Edit: There we go didn't take long :Phttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357901/Burglar-dialled-999-shot-air-rifle-breaking-family-home.html now this just goes to show some judges have got some common sense and that we aren't completely screwed when it comes to defending our homes

Edited by AJWest

• Supporters

Not a chance, I'd be amazed if it'd get through a leather jacket let alone put a man down! A 4.5mm BB, even a steel one, doesn't weigh anything at all and 400fps is nothing. If you shot them in the face you could do some damage to their eyes and teeth but as for any real injury you've got to be kidding.

Not a chance, I'd be amazed if it'd get through a leather jacket let alone put a man down! A 4.5mm BB, even a steel one, doesn't weigh anything at all and 400fps is nothing. If you shot them in the face you could do some damage to their eyes and teeth but as for any real injury you've got to be kidding.

I think he may be referring to the .177 pellet which I had in a gamo pistol it could punch through my fence from my door circa 61ft so I wouldn't be surprised if it could puncture skin but I agree with you in terms of causing fatal injuries I doubt that unless aimed at head

I'll see if I can find the video of it I used to fire at an oil bottle for a car and it's first shot went clean through that and then through my fence at the end of garden so I promptly stopped

• Head Moderator

One advantage of having a dog, let's call him 'Rif', who will bark at strangers approaching the house and wake up the family inside. As far as Rif is concerned, anyone invading his pack's den is an immediate threat and will be dealt with appropriate force regardless of their age, size, sex, or creed. Meanwhile, I shall be phoning the local Constabulary and getting some doggie treats ready.

To me a mans home is his castle and if he has a family with young children in the house he should use reasonable force to defend it.

Not in the UK mate. If someone run at you with an axe you're suppose to call 999 - knock him cold and you'll probably be share a cell!

(yea im bitter)

*snip*

^this

disgusting and depressing, but very much the case.

Breaking into someone's home isn't a clever idea.

I was a victim of a burglary a few years ago. My means of income was taken away from me. The scum was later caught, proven guilty, and laid off because he was young and unemployed (much like me, thanks to him). And he probably had a real good time spending the money. Moral: crime pays, -especially in the UK.

I've been so damn scared at time walking the streets knowing if I'd get jumped I would have to choose between hospital or prison.

Alright, but you'll be in jail with him if they can prove prior intent (which your posts help a great deal in doing).

Kurtz has explained it much better than I could though.

That's a bit sexist, women can steal stuff too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.