MP7 Info

C-MEatCQB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A friend took me to a local Skirmish Site over a year ago & I was obviously instantly hooked. So I started buying a load out & then bought a TM MP7 AEG. Before I had a chance to get any use out of it my missus tells me there's another baby on the way!

Now I'm about to get into it again I've been having a good read around & had a change of mind on my Gun. My local site is only CQB & if I ever end exploring other sites I might get another Gun but for now I'm sticking with an MP7. The thing is I want 1:1 Scale so after long consideration I've decided that I'm going to go with the New Wave (WE) MP7/ Small Rice 7. I know it's basically a SMG-8 with a bodykit but most of the SMG-8 problems were sorted. I also know that the Stock Latch needs replacing, the Trigger Fix is needed, the Maple Leaf Hop is a good piece to fit & the fact their quite hard to find.

So basically I'm looking for feedback from anyone that's had one of the WE MP7s for a while now to see how their holding up? If you've had both the TM MP7 AEG & the WE MP7 GBB Gun's I'd love to know how you compare the two, I know the obvious differences lol. If you have one & are thinking of maybe selling please send me a PM.

Thanks in advance for any info

So it doesn't look like there's many people on here with a WE MP7. If you know someone with one could you please point them in this direction.

I hope I don't upset admin with this one but can anybody say which might be another good Forum to join that I might get more of a response from? UK would obviously be best but I don't mind joining a EU or US Forum just for info, cheers

• Supporters

So it doesn't look like there's many people on here with a WE MP7. If you know someone with one could you please point them in this direction.

I hope I don't upset admin with this one but can anybody say which might be another good Forum to join that I might get more of a response from? UK would obviously be best but I don't mind joining a EU or US Forum just for info, cheers

Your biggest problem is most people buy the TM or kwa MP7 as they are regarded as the best. Dont think I have ever seen anyone using a WE SMG-8 (which is the proper name for their mp7 clone) at a skirmish.

Thanks Trigger,

Yeah I know their quite newish on the market & not that many people have them so I wasn't expecting loads replies but thought they may of been atleast a few people on here that had them.

As for which is best lol. Your right that the TM is probably the best MP7 for various reasons but it's out of my range with my funds at the minute & does still have issues. The KWA would of been an opinion but again comes with Gas issues etc & none of those are 1:1 Scale either so none are exactly what I want. So that leaves me with the VFC which is a definite no & the WE SMG-8 clone. It does have a few minor bit's to sort out but the European imports normally have this sorted before they post to you & out of any 1:1 scale GBB MP7 these have great reviews!

Cheers mate,

Yeah I've done loads of reading, & I mean 3am multiple mornings lol. I just wanted to see if there were any people on here that's had one for a while now that have an opinion but have never really done a review of their own.

I know I don't need 1:1, I already have a TM MP7 AEG as stated in the 1st post but I do 'want' 1:1 :) The WE Clone did have good reviews from what I found, other than initial problems with the Trigger.

I had the TM MP7 GBB. Pros: It's a very cool piece of kit, green gas =320+fps and can fire .3's out to 30+ meters really nicely. Cons: Gas means more expense, Heavy and expensive mags, only hold's 30 BB's per mag. Overall, It'll put a smile on your face with every shot!

I've had every airsoft MP7 in existence at one point or another - get the TM GBBR, the 1:1 Scale ones are a completely waste of money.

WE: Magazine gas efficiency is by far the worst of any SMG, Hop unit is a joke, 10 inch grouping at 20ft. the trigger needs to be rebuilt OOTB to last longer than a few game days, very vague fire selector. Gen 1 is horrendous, Gen 2 is only marginally less crap, but at least the trigger lasts longer than a few game days. New Wave is just a gen 1 with a slightly better trigger group.

VFC: Well its VFC for a start, so don't expect anything to last long. Mags leak like buggery, it came to me doing 420fps with no immediate availability of any velocity reducer (got it at launch), Mag efficiency was pathetic.

KWA/KSC: NS2 system is brilliant for gas efficiency, unfortunately the gas reservoir is smaller than most and as such efficiency is only OK, NPAS or equivalent is a complete PITA but necessary as it can come stock as high as 460FPS.

TM: Will need the stock nozzle replaced at some point if you're using Green Gas as propellant, so order it before it fails :P Other than that, by far the best of the bunch, reasonable mag gas efficiency, reasonable FPS (mine was doing no higher than 350 on green gas with the hottest day it was used on being 31 degrees C), Decent, reliable hop.

Trigger, nice one I'll give that Forum a try. I'm very well used to the difference in real user feedback vs 'retailer inspired' as this isn't my 1st 'hobby' lol. I'm also used to ar*y modds picking on minor things.

Snakeeyes, Thanks for the heads up on the TM MP7. I read loads about it but I can't justify the money right now, especially when I can get the WE at half the price & I don't really Skimish that much.

Kiwi, great run down!

Again, no surprise that the TM gets best vote. Selling my TM AEG isn't going to get me anywhere near TM GBB money though so it just can't be a option.

I've read that the KWA spits a lot of gas out of the barrel & suffers quite bad from cool down. Have you experienced this? NPAS system is more money but maybe already fitted if I buy a used Gun.

I know your probably going to think "why is he even asking" but I just have a couple of questions on the WE lol. So, the Mag's, I've read their better with new Seal's, did you ever try that? Did you ever try fitting the Maple Leaf Hop & if so did it improve things much? You say there's a gen 1 & a gen 2, then that the New Wave is just a gen 1 with a better Trigger Set. Does that mean there's another brand that's selling a gen 2 version? If the Hop & Trigger were improved would you say this Model would be a good buy, especially as it is good value for money & 1:1 if that's what you like.

Overall, if the TM were out of range, what Gun would you buy?

Sorry about all the questions bit you seem like a good brain to pick ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.