Gas VS Electronic

DANNY THOMAS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have had a look about and I can't find any threads that gives me answers, as am guessing this is a question asked often?

What is the difference between Gas & Electronic? Does one fire quicker or more reliable? I have seen one or two load out videos carry gas tanks?

facts, thoughts and experiences all welcome..

There's 2 types of "gas" rifles (cause you mentioned a tank)

1- green has or 144a which is commonly used in pistols, rifles & grenades

2 - HPA which is where the tank comes into it & is basicly a scuba tank. It feeds high pressure air into the rifle (and some pistols) which gives far more consistent FPS, but as said above they have there problems during winter etc

But electric are good all year round but also have there problems, broken trigger or dead battery etc

• 4 weeks later...

No offence but if ur having to ask buy electric. Then once ur a bit more tec savie buy a good gas gun and you will always have the electric one for wen its not working at its best. Winter/cold nights.

In all fairness I run Cyma v3 mainly because I think playing without a lot of hassle is the funnest.

My general advise would be to get a GBB®, as they are great fun - but first make sure you have an AEG, as well as a backup AEG.

No offence but if ur having to ask buy electric. Then once ur a bit more tec savie buy a good gas gun and you will always have the electric one for wen its not working at its best. Winter/cold nights.

^What he said. Can't go wrong with an electric as a first time buyer.

One thing I'd suggest though, is looking into the difference between LiPO batteries and NiMH.

I switched from NiMH to a 7.4v LiPO a few months ago, and I'll never look back! (here's a link)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-7-4V-1300mAh-25C-LiPo-stick-battery-with-case-LP301-Vapextech-Brand-/331623057825?hash=item4d364649a1:g:TXIAAOSwv0tU~r-K

Damn it - read the title and thought it was a post about ovens....

Gas is what pro's use

Electric - some of the newer ones have fan assist

as for airsoft - aeg rifle for most people

gas pistol (blowback nigh on most use/have)

cookers thou.. induction is the way forward!!

• Supporters

cookers thou.. induction is the way forward!!

No, it's got to be gas. It's more turn on and offable.

• Head Moderator

No, it's got to be gas. It's more turn on and offable.

Induction cookers rock; easy to control, very rapid heat and yet no heat on cooker top to burn yourself. Downside is a power-cut stops play unlike gas.

Even with gas your snookered if there's a power cut & the spark ignitor doesn't work as not many non smokers will have matches or a lighter in the property (which they should for this very reason)

I have windproof matches, a lighter & fire steel in a tin in my combat jacket

• Head Moderator

Even with gas your snookered if there's a power cut & the spark ignitor doesn't work as not many non smokers will have matches or a lighter in the property (which they should for this very reason)

I have windproof matches, a lighter & fire steel in a tin in my combat jacket

That is a good point, and being prepared. Luckily even as a non-smoker I do have plenty of matches and gas igniters at home for my log burner.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.