eye protection.

DANNY THOMAS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

currently looking at the cost of eye protection and different styles.

I have seen people say the glasses aren't the safest but do not fog up? is this true? do expensive goggles still fog up?

also TINTED or NOT TINTED?

I was considering;

balaclava

black tinted glasses

black mesh guard

and a hard hat helmet (maybe mich2000)

what are your views on this?

I was considering;

balaclava

black tinted glasses

black mesh guard

and a hard hat helmet (maybe mich2000)

what are your views on this?

Are views should mean bugger all to you. Unless it's saying "don't get this item because they are unreliable" it's a matter of perference, if you like the colour green, but I like the colour orange, and you say "what colour helmet should I get" and I say "an orange one" well, that's stupid, as you won't like it. And you've just agreed to some random guy on the internet.

It's a matter of preference, otherwise, I guess asking for views on what items are good. As in comfortable, protective etc is a good idea. But on the aesthetically pleasing side of things, it's your choice. One thing I would say, is, a balaclava and a helmet, it might get a bit hot and sweaty.

I'm sidetracking, you obviously have to buy what I say. This is a good bit of kit, all weather kit, makes you feel like you're in Mexico, also it blends in with the surroundings (as long as you play airsoft in a hat shop) uhh what else... Apparently, you can amaze your guests with this item of war. Well that's a bonus. http://www.partyrama.co.uk/sombrero-straw-hat-single-assorted-colour/?gclid=CKimw8G5qsoCFcgYGwodmYEJig#fo_c=488&fo_k=2138a05c23d9f2716271b0220513fa40&fo_s=gplauk

Are views should mean bugger all to you. Unless it's saying "don't get this item because they are unreliable" it's a matter of perference, if you like the colour green, but I like the colour orange, and you say "what colour helmet should I get" and I say "an orange one" well, that's stupid, as you won't like it. And you've just agreed to some random guy on the internet.

It's a matter of preference, otherwise, I guess asking for views on what items are good. As in comfortable, protective etc is a good idea. But on the aesthetically pleasing side of things, it's your choice. One thing I would say, is, a balaclava and a helmet, it might get a bit hot and sweaty.

I'm sidetracking, you obviously have to buy what I say. This is a good bit of kit, all weather kit, makes you feel like you're in Mexico, also it blends in with the surroundings (as long as you play airsoft in a hat shop) uhh what else... Apparently, you can amaze your guests with this item of war. Well that's a bonus. http://www.partyrama.co.uk/sombrero-straw-hat-single-assorted-colour/?gclid=CKimw8G5qsoCFcgYGwodmYEJig#fo_c=488&fo_k=2138a05c23d9f2716271b0220513fa40&fo_s=gplauk

point of asking for a different perspective is down to the fact i have no experience as of yet.

my questions down to colour of clothing is down to wanting what suits best.. my preference maybe to be a US american criminal in a orange jail suit. that isn't the best idea, obviously.

my question about tints is if you use them does it effect being able to focus on another person when in low light etc or if you have used them have you had a situation where walking into a pitch black room and the goggles have worked against you?

different points of view are what fuel a conversation.

this would look good with your sombre hat http://www.morphsuits.co.uk/donkey-costume?gclid=Cj0KEQiAq920BRC8-efn57XrotYBEiQAlVlMQ7xQus28BPiKkMed2XFIT_3JVDsKk4qLq6l8xTtvkU4aAnON8P8HAQ

another reason to ask about colour/tint/equipment/experience

Fair enough.

As I said, it's cool asking if they're any good (protective, comfy side of things). But aesthetically, it's up to you.

I've added that suit to my list.

• Head Moderator

Eyepro is an area that you should carefully consider and I think worth spending on quality. However, I do have a range of eyepro to suit the occasion and found using a full face mask works best for me. There is the debate over solid lens or mesh, yet again it is what works for you. I have mesh as back-up.

Use the search button and try terms 'fogging, 'goggles', and 'mask' and you will find lots of previous threads with some good information and other players' experiences.

I mainly use a clear lens due to playing indoors CQB and in being in areas of low/no light. I do also have a tinted lens for outdoors in sunlight to help cut down on glare.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.