load out colour?

DANNY THOMAS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I must say, the grey does seem to work well in the dark and like others have said, I am not a 'load out replicating' person either. Just whatever is hard-wearing and comfy is what I go for :) I am currently wearing MTP top/bottoms purely as it was cheap and is comfy.

Wanna know something different and looks good? Grab a cheap flecktarn garment, grab some black dylon or other fabric dye and dye it, so the colour has gone but not the pattern. Looks good and works great indoors and outdoors in the evening. It will also cost a darn sight less than black multicam

I've seen some people do the same to the older Cottony desert DPM stuff, which might be an idea - the more recent, more plasticky woodland DPM might not work as well, as the IRR coat doesn't take dye.

That works well.

This is DDPM dyed black, just the polyester doesn't dye too well.

IMG_20160115_140653_zpswpz0gmww.jpg

I think the DDPM and black looks sh*t hot.I may find some cheap cs95 stuff to do it on.

• Moderators

i guess a good way to breathe a bit more life onto something you no lobger wear, anyone tried a mtp ubacs?, guess it would be similar?

• Head Moderator

i guess a good way to breathe a bit more life onto something you no lobger wear, anyone tried a mtp ubacs?, guess it would be similar?

Could be a cheaper way to make your own multicam black, get secondhand pair and dyd them. Of course you need to remember that you can dye clothing darker but not lighter. So you could always try using a dark grey dyd first and see how that looks before going straight to black. Amazon have dye for £6 http://www.amazon.co.uk/DYLON-Pewter-Grey-Machine-350g-Salt/dp/B00TZUE2ZK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453491902&sr=8-2&keywords=grey+dye

• Moderators

have some MTP stuff i dont wear as have helikon trousers that are more comfy.....just need to make sure i dont add any curtains as reviews and that the wife doesnt know! haha :)

The problem I found was that the cotton took up dye very nicely, but the polyester didn't as you can see, so the original stitching will still stand out with a strong contrast, OK it's only a hairline, but I did find it frustracting.

You could double team it with poly dye first and cotton dye second, but by the time you have bought the ubacs and the dye you have almost bought new shadowglam.

The black comes out more of a deep navy.

I just used hand dye Dylon from the range couple of quid max.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.