Rough FPS for GSG MP5 522?

JoeTheBane

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm new to air soft and this will be my first gun, its a gsg mp5 522 with suppressor, new barrel fitted that goes to the end of the suppressor. What would be the rough fps on this gun? I've seen vastly varying numbers from over 400fps to just under 300pfs. Local site limit is 350fps with .2g. Could someone point me to the place to buy a spring downgrade if needed? My friend who is giving it to me says its around 360fps but hes not sure at all.

Many thanks.

I won one of these at the zero one NAE a few years back... mine clocked in at a rather tasty 390fps!

It's a version 2 gearbox so any spring for an AEG will fit.

Just asked him today and he said there's an American version that does near 400fps and his does around 360 fps, would I be let in with 360fps? Just over the limit. How about offering to run with heavier BB's to reduce fps?

• Supporters

No, the limit is the limit and chrono is always worked out for a .20g BB.

Putting heavier BBs in doesn't reduce the power of the gun, it just reduces the speed the BB initially goes at... an extreme example is being hit by a slow moving brick or a fast moving ping pong ball!

Ok, so a spring swap is a must, I don't want to get turned away from the site, that would be embarrassing haha. So what spring model would I need, m'something' 90,100? I would like to be as close to 350fps and but remain under it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.