Melee combat.

Reb3l

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In one of my recent games I saw a bunch of guys wondering round with either a pistol and some type of weird rubber sword thingy or a long bayonet attached to their rifles as they were on different teams when they saw each ither they would just fight it out man on man.

Im still fairly new to airsoft and wondered what the rules are for melee weapons and expirences you guys of had of them and whether or not they should be allowed.

Personalky I think having a baynot charge or something sounds pretty cool but I wanted to hear your opinions.

I think most places allow for melee. Or at least the places I've been.

I got a rubber knife for Christmas but doubt I'll get the chance to use it that often, people have used lightsaber s before.

As long as you hit them in the body and make sure the weapon flexes or collapses to avoid actually hurting someone.

• Head Moderator

All the sites I have been to allow a hand-held rubber knife/bayonet to be used for a knife kill but none can be attached to the gun.

I carry a rubber training knife. Its for CQB Mainly and ive barley used it but when you come around a corner and would prefer not to make someone have a hissy fit over engagement distances and of course when the mags out and they come around the corner I would rather put up a fight than be caught with my pants down 😁

Adds a fun twist to gameplay - especially on pistol nights. Some of my fondest Airsoft memories are of sneaking around at night with my mk23 or cz75 in one hand and a rubber knife in the other. Have twelve kills with one so far mostly from these pistol nights.

Melee weapons are an essential part of our milsim games. The Okto games usually just involve knives like the Cold Steel training knives.

However, the Zoro XM game which is organised in the same group alllows for a much wider range and basically anything which is LARP safe is a go-er. We were selling them at our last milsim in our site shop and we even had a very realistic foam Lead Pipe.

carried a rubber knife for a while - never used it once. truth is the only time you're likely to 'kill' someone in melee is if you sneak up on the from behind, and then you can just touch them on the shoulder, or say bang/surrender at point blank.

Cold Steel training knives.

Someone has to mention these *every time* there's a thread on the subject. I'd say to avoid them as they are some plastic/fibre rather than rubber - if you hit/accidentally hit someone with one of those I wouldnt blame the person for hitting you back.

We like them because they dont have sharp points. Although the rubber knives bend, they do have some sharp points on them.

Our rules dictate that you should lay the flat of the blade rather than stab. They are quite blunt really. You are more likely to suffer blunt force trauma with CSTK. If you hit a player that hard, there would no doubt be repercussions.

We have 1 minute long knife melee segments at Ace Combat.

It works well there and the players love it.

I don't like it enough to buy a rubber knife...so I just hide!

• Head Moderator

We like them because they dont have sharp points. Although the rubber knives bend, they do have some sharp points on them. Our rules dictate that you should lay the flat of the blade rather than stab.

Agree that the Cold Steel ones have blunt ends and look much better. My M10 bayonet may be flexible rubber but it does have a sharp point.

We have 1 minute long knife melee segments at Ace Combat.

It works well there and the players love it

I purchased my bayonet after being at The Mall on one occasion where a game started with only melee weapons being allowed for a couple of minutes. No shooting just knives. After being knife killed a couple of times I thought it would be a good idea to get my own. Moving around with just a pistol and knife gives options and is quite good fun.

My P07 Bayonet is both flexible and has no sharp bits.

The common sense rule is don't stab or slash at people, a tap on the shoulder is a kill. Even a blunt rubber knife can hurt if you get silly.

3d92209c-61f5-4c7c-a1eb-dcca1a41990e_zps

I am one of the few people who has ever tried a bayonet charge in airsoft. It was partially successful in that I achieved my goal of distracting the whole enemy team. The problem was that it also distracted my whole team, so no-one took advantage of it. To quote one guy on my team 'you scared the sh*t out of me, I thought you were actually going to kill someone'.

It would seem therefore that if you are going to do a bayonet charge in airsoft with an 18" long bayonet painted to look real, the thing to do is to make sure your team knows it's rubber and are prepared for it.

• Supporters

I think a steven seagal style knife fight in an abandoned tunnel somewhere would be awesome... as for 'knives must bend' I think that falls largely into the same category as 'you must use bang within 5 yards'. If you STAB someone with a cold steel knife it'll hurt... if you stab someone with a biro it'll hurt, no one has ever told me to not take a pen into the game area! The rule everywhere I've ever been is a tap on the shoulder with the knife is enough... at that point I might as well use a real bayonet because the sides of them aren't sharp (obviously, I'm not an idiot... but you get what I mean).

• Supporters

Using a rubber knife to touch it to the shoulder (and counting to 5 so it's not just rushing with a knife) for a silent kill is okay. I've been playing airsoft for 8 years now and never had a chance to do it. :)

Fighting with rubber knifes is a very-very bad idea. Way too dangerous and people would be carried away and hurt each other.

• Supporters

Fighting with rubber knifes is a very-very bad idea. Way too dangerous and people would be carried away and hurt each other.

Actually its a great idea. Its a lot of fun and I have never seen anyone get seriously hurt. Obviously you cant just have a free for all but as long as the people involved are all sensible it can be quite a good thing for camerardirie among players.

But saying bang or taping shoulder saying take your hit means giving position away if you do manage to sneak up. When you get a knife come Into your vision from behind or the side when u dont expect it your going to stall, stutter or drop a brick. Makes it more fun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.