Storm Airsoft Arsenal Glock 17 GEN 4 GBB Pistol

mightyjebus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gun Name and maker: Storm Airsoft Arsenal Glock 17 Gen 4 GBB Pistol

FPS: 300
Hop up: yes
Mag Capacity: max 25
Plastic/Metal/Both: Both

Thought I'd throw up a review of the Storm Airsoft Arsenal Glock 17 Generation 4 GBB Pistol.

I won't bother talking about the history of the Glock as it's pretty much well known but if you are unsure google it and find out that Glock went from making clocks to making the most prolific pistol of modern times.

So why the review? Well I seen the Glock 17 for sale for about £55 and though can you get much for a GBB pistol costing that amount? It seems you can.

The Storm Airsoft Arsenal pistol is a Polymer framed, Metal slide, fully trademarked Glock 17 that uses magazines that are compatible with TM and WE. Using Guarder gas and setting the hop it can reach out to about 40 meters and running it through the chronograph after setting the hop I was getting a pretty constant FPS of around 250. Even though the weather is a bit on the cold side it was happily emptying the magazine of 22 BB's and locking back after the last BB was fired.

So let's get some pictures on the go and I'll add a few comments as I go along.

It comes in a small box with Glock markings on the outside.

box_zpseea45z5k.jpg

Opening the box you find the pistol, magazine, 2 back straps, a cleaning cloth (with nice Glock markings), a spare magazine follower and a spare pin for the back strap. There is also a manual and a certificate with the FPS readings before they posted the GBB to me.

open%20box_zpsxberpgxu.jpg

manual1_zpsxucdxicm.jpg

manual2_zpsm87052xu.jpg

As you can see the manual has a nice exploded diagram in case you need to find a part.

All the bits removed from the box.

out%20the%20box_zpsfj3lbrnh.jpg

Here's a few of pictures of the pistol for reference.

right%20side_zpsq56qm5py.jpg

left%20side_zpstskfx5ni.jpg

cocked_zpsv0kyze5q.jpg

The blade front sight has a white dot and the rear sight uses a white U around the notch cut out.

sights_zpsswp4x4vk.jpg

The Magazine has a Glock traded base plate and you need to depress the small pin that you can see to move the base plate forward so that you can fill it with gas.

magazine%20base%20plate_zpsmaiukhox.jpg

The safety catch/serial number plate is on the front lower receiver.

serial%20number_zpskxbejtyd.jpg

The pistol has some nice markings in all the right places.

markings1_zpsyls5pfto.jpg

markings%204_zpsvoqtmhvx.jpgmarkings%203_zpsht6ua2cr.jpg

markings%202_zpsacdgzwet.jpg

Splitting the slide is easy and the same as the real thing and most airsoft models.

slide%20split_zpsnyfow3oz.jpg

The lower frame seems to be a good size for torches etc.

with%20torch_zpscmcxqxxt.jpg

and it fits all the glock holsters I have although on the RS holsters it's a bit tight.

Before I talk about performance here's a picture of a TM Glock 17 and the Storm G17

2%20glocks_zpslz50cyyx.jpg

So performance....

Well actually it's all good news. It fires as it should, It takes TM and WE Glock 17 magazines, the kick back is good, even in cold weather and it's generally a really nice product especially for the price. The hop rubber seems to be doing it's job and it can easily push the BB as far as my other Glocks. Add to this that it only costs £55 posted you can't really go wrong. So if you are after a Gen 4 Glock 17 then you might want to consider the Storm Airsoft Arsenal version.

So are there any downsides? Only 2 that I can see at the moment and 1 isn't really a problem if you just want to run it straight from the box.

The first issue I had was the grease used to lubricate the pistol. I found it quite thick and it made for a sluggish action when fired in the cold. I gave it a quick squirt of silicon spray in a few areas and it now cycles cleanly and gives a nice snap.

The second issue is compatibility. As I have said the magazine is good for TM and WE glocks and the TM and WE mags work in the Storm but the upper side seems to be slightly different between the different companies. I can fit the TM side on the Stork frame but it doesn't cycle and I can't fit the Storm slide onto the TM frame. I haven't looked too closely at this yet but I will and post my findings. This issue is only really going to be an issue if you plan to swap parts over from the different companies.

I forgot to mention that the hop is adjusted using a wheel under the hop unit and requires the slide to be removed to set it up. This is the same as my TM glocks.

hop%20adjust_zpszp1h0gwh.jpg

I'll post some more about the pistol once i've had a bit of a mess around with inner barrels etc.

Overall rating:
9/10

• 3 months later...

Nice one, how reputable are they these days? Not shopped with them for yonks.

I hope you're well Mighty.

A thorough review and much better than threads with youtube links. Good work.

When you said there is a spare follower, is it actually a follower or a dry firing tool like supplied with TM glocks and often mistaken for a follower?

good question and I'd be lying if I said 100% that it's a follower as it's now in the spares box and probably never get used :)

Denton Ebairsoft are still a bit hit and miss. If they have it in stock then they will ship it but sometimes the website shows stuff in stock but isn't actually in stock. if this happens you will get a refund eventually when they realise their mistake. Occasionally you will get multiple packages as they sometimes send stuff at different times as well if you do multiple buys. They get some interesting items in so that's why I still use them but beware the issues above.

The only other place I have seen the Storm G17 for sale is airsoftglobal but they are out of stock currently.

I've just got a ARMY Glock 17 and I'll do a similar review shortly.

Thanks Chief. May email them first then to check stock!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20 meters is a good number. that's simply because it's probably the maximum range you get with a gas pistol on a good day and that is because of a few factors. These include finger placement on the trigger, target movement, wind, gas strength on the day and a few other factors. In ideal conditions you can hit a target at 45 to 50 meters but realistically when I use a pistol I never bother taking long shots as you need to get too much right for it to hit the target. I use an AEG for this and switch to a pistol when clearing buildings or places where space is tight. About 90% of my pistol kills are within 20 meters. Any long shot kills I've had are because they other guy is at the end of a corridor, with his back to me and I've had the time to line everything up and taken the shot or I've squeezed off a shot and got lucky.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, sorry to bump this after 16 months!!

What holsters do you have for this? I have just bought myself one and would like to get a Blackhawk Serpa style holster for it, I have seen that Nurpol do one in that style which is a great price, but it says its designed for a WE Glock 17 and other things I have read says that the SAA/VFC Glocks are closer in size to a real steel Glock 21 than a Glock 17 and so need holsters designed for those.

Is that correct? Do you have a holster in that style that your SAA G17 fits in?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, CARBr6 said:

Hi, sorry to bump this after 16 months!!

What holsters do you have for this? I have just bought myself one and would like to get a Blackhawk Serpa style holster for it, I have seen that Nurpol do one in that style which is a great price, but it says its designed for a WE Glock 17 and other things I have read says that the SAA/VFC Glocks are closer in size to a real steel Glock 21 than a Glock 17 and so need holsters designed for those.

Is that correct? Do you have a holster in that style that your SAA G17 fits in?

Thanks

Where did you find it for sale, been looking for a while :)

Thanks

John

This is the one I've got, although the website lists it as VFC they are actually the same as the one in this thread.

VFC; Stark Arms and SAA are all one and the same (as I understand it!)

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/gas-blowback-pistols/vfc-pistols/VFC-Glock-17-GEN4.html

Archived