M4 gear box / scar gear box

Rowed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right guys I'm going to be doing a hpa polar star jack install into a scar soon ( assuming that most the version2 gearboxs are relatively the same across the makes but it will most likely be on a G&G scar L ) just wanted to know any differences in the two gearboxes and external gearbox parts things like trigger unit , selector plate etc , they whole gear box is going to be stripped out anyway apart from trigger unit safety , Spring guide and that's about it off the top of my head ...

• Supporters

The G&G SCAR gearbox isn't a totally standard V2 box. The ambidextrous fire selector is driven by gears mounted on the outside and the nozzle is an odd length too. The hop unit is proprietary and is screwed in place. I recently fitted a BTC Spectre to mine and while it is broadly the same there are some ...special... tweaks as I say.

• Supporters

No idea, never tried it. The SCAR nozzle is longer if I remember correctly.

• Supporters

the only other option i can think of is if the VFC scar gearbox sits the same way into the lower section of the scar as the G&G one i could source a second hand VFC gear box and drop it in ...

That sounds like making problems for the sake of it.

Stick with the G&G and deal with whatever that throws up.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.