Blank firing grenades/timed grenades

Daniel248

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

To be honest almost every single time I want to use Pyro at any site it would be over waist height at the very least. I'm going to sell both of my BFGs at some point and buy a load of MK5s with the money.

When you do come to sell them let me know.

I'm interested.

I know it is not on your list, but my tri-shot TRMR is a good bit of kit and reliable too. It is very sturdy and takes primers which are like 100 for £7. I use it for indoors cqb but not tried it outside yet

Quick update. They have both been ordered! So if anyone is interested I will leave a bit of a review/feedback on here. So keep an eye out. Now I just need to order the blanks! :)

**edit**

I will be at The Mall on 21st Jan so if anyone is interested in seeing it up close and personal and if you ask nicely I might let you use it! Just drop me a message

After evaluating the cost of my recent trip to the mall at £50-55 (fu oyster), i've decided to buy both of these aswel. I think the timed will be the most effective per throw, but I think the Hex will most effective per game.

So, Glow in the dark or bright unnatural colour?

EDIT:

From the other thread:

http://www.mg-props.co.uk/grenades.htm

http://airsoftsofsim.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/a-different-airsoft-grenade.html

Tempting too.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27660-talk-to-me-about-reusable-grendades/

Carrying 5 of those for the cost of one multi shot and they go off on grass/carpet supposedly.

Its a real shame the timed are so expensive/single use with reloading tool.

Quick update. They have both been ordered! So if anyone is interested I will leave a bit of a review/feedback on here. So keep an eye out. Now I just need to order the blanks! :)

**edit**

I will be at The Mall on 21st Jan so if anyone is interested in seeing it up close and personal and if you ask nicely I might let you use it! Just drop me a message

How did it go?

• Root Admin

I saw that a little time back on Facebook I think. Pretty damning review. Hopefully it's a quick fix like the issue with the Oshibooms detonating with the pin in (pin wasn't wide/strong enough so they made new ones that wouldn't get bent and held the firing pin further away from the primer).

Sounds like it may be a more fundamental problem with the inertia-based detonation system that's basically identical on all impact grenades. How they could get it so wrong is interesting though when other companies have managed to do it fairly reliably I don't know. The TRMR X4 multi shot detonates reliably too but it'd be interesting to know if the two operate differently enough because of patents that one doesn't work at all or if it's just a case of tolerances.

How did it go?

Right. Sorry for the late upload. At the last min I pulled out of the Hex Grenade. I was VERY sceptical about how well it would be. And

I can honestly say I am glad I pulled out as I am extremely impressed with the SWAT VTG timed grenade. I would persuade anyone who is considering, to get one as they are very useful and after about 5 reloads become extremely quick and easy to reload.

So all in all it is worth buying. I will be at the Mall for definite on the 21/02/16 if anyone wants to see/throw it in person just drop me a message.

Anyone know where this is TRMR Multishot on sale?

Like the red colour a lot.

http://www.concept-tactical.com/cache/com_zoo/images/trmr-multi-red1_126799a66c949d3ab9e90cbb24b3c21b.jpg

(other than JD Airsoft)

It isn't JD have exclusivity, and wont allow anyone else to retail it. They know how much of a good thing they are onto.

Really glad I saw this thread looking at the timed dynatec on airsoft world at the moment

The only thing that I'm tempted to do with it is spray the thing a bright colour

Really glad I saw this thread looking at the timed dynatec on airsoft world at the moment

The only thing that I'm tempted to do with it is spray the thing a bright colour

I have my Dynatoc wrapped up in Day Glow tape. I found that a bright colour is still a bit pants if your fumbling round in the dark. Glowing a soft green, you'll always find it 😃

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252099817679

I have my Dynatoc wrapped up in Day Glow tape. I found that a bright colour is still a bit pants if your fumbling round in the dark. Glowing a soft green, you'll always find it 😃

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252099817679

You magnificent man!!

You magnificent man!!

No probs. It can get a little tatty with constant use where it's "non-permanent" the edges can lift. But a bit of glue has solved it. I'm not planning to twke it off any time soon, so why not glue it?!? 😃

There's a lot out there - this stuff looks like it's pretty good (not used it myself)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/131690010259

Or even glow-in-the-dark spray paints. (Again, never tried it).

Following this thread and some other research and the impending payday i'm looking at 2 options.

Most sites around here are woodland with the odd killhouse here and there, so timed grenade for woodland impact for building clearance.

So on that i'm thinking SWAT VTG for timed.

And my local shop/site is getting in some TRMR Multishot's in soon.

Those Alpha-Hex grenades looked really good but that video review was pretty damning it swayed me off them completely.

I went through the same thought process a few months ago and opted for the SWAT timed grenades as I play a lot at The Mall and impacts are too restrictive there.

The SWAT is also very light in weight compared to the impacts I saw. This was a big factor as the thrower is responsible for where/who it hits and can face a personal injury claim if injures a player. I walked around a corner at the wrong time and got hit in the shin by a SWAT and hardly felt it, the impact grenade than hit me the previous week left a nice bruise and a fair bit of pain for a few days (I just took this as part of the game and left it at that, other may not have done) so that is worth a thought.

The single shots I have do take a little getting used to to load but I can empty/prime and reload in 1 minute give or take a few seconds, so not really a big issue and I usually do this walking back to re-gen.

The outer case is holding up very well and can be marked with an ID mark using a solder tip to put initials/tag mark so you know it's yours. As said earlier, the amo is cheap as chips. I use 9mm and primers. You can hear a difference and at The Mall both make a decent sound. Outdoors the 9mm does a little better but is it really worth the extra (50 x 9mm=£15-17....100 x primers=£10) I couldn't really say, but when you put these up against the paper/card ones at £2.50-3.50 then you can see where the saving is.

Get one bought, blow sh!t up, have a great game (",)

• 1 month later...

Anyone got the TRMR dimensions?

Definately started looking for TRMR Dimension, thinking it was a new version :blink:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.