Blank firing grenades/timed grenades

Daniel248

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I have done a fair bit of research and taken a fair bit of time at looking at the different types of grenades out there. I have whittled it down to the two that I'm going to be potentially buying with the kind help of some of you more knowledgeable people.

The two I'm currently looking at is the S.W.A.T V.T.G timed grenade http://blankfiringgrenade.co.uk/epages/8d036429-e890-484e-a100-a8a2511a5e38.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/8d036429-e890-484e-a100-a8a2511a5e38/Products/%22V.T.G.versatile%20training%20device%20black%20special%20offer%20UK%20ONLY%22

And the Alpha-tec hex grenade (6shot impact grenade)

http://www.alphaoneairsoft.com/#!product-page/vp4ew/952414b5-8262-e5ad-60cd-687d53b3e76b

Anyone have any experience/feedback on these items before I commit to a purchase?

Also while I have your attention. Where is the best place to buy the 9mm blanks from?

Many thanks and always appreciated.

I actually frequent alpha one sites and the owner manufacturers the alpha hex BFGs, they are six shot, have a safety and are extremely strong. You can feel the quality straight away. I am in your shoes as next month I am going to purchase a BFG and I was lucky enough to have a play with one as a teammate let me use it to clear a room. Your turn the dial to the shot number, throw it, rinse and repeat. I was very impressed. They are very easy to take apart and clean too.

So far my mind is set on one of those, although you would be better speaking to an actual owner of one.

I actually frequent alpha one sites and the owner manufacturers the alpha hex BFGs, they are six shot, have a safety and are extremely strong. You can feel the quality straight away. I am in your shoes as next month I am going to purchase a BFG and I was lucky enough to have a play with one as a teammate let me use it to clear a room. Your turn the dial to the shot number, throw it, rinse and repeat. I was very impressed. They are very easy to take apart and clean too.

So far my mind is set on one of those, although you would be better speaking to an actual owner of one.

Yeah I had a look at a video online it looks so easy to use and so effective. Because I play at the mall there are so many places I could use it and if I'm carrying a timed grenade I can use that for longer distances.

• Supporters

Yeah I had a look at a video online it looks so easy to use and so effective. Because I play at the mall there are so many places I could use it and if I'm carrying a timed grenade I can use that for longer distances.

Cardboard pyro is better at the mall because you can chuck them anywhere you like. Bfgs have a lot of restrictions there.

Cardboard pyro is better at the mall because you can chuck them anywhere you like. Bfgs have a lot of restrictions there.

I know. They have a lot of rules regarding them but for how I use them it suits me perfect. Even with the paper based ones I've never really thrown them over waist height so the BFG below knee height will be fine for me.

pellpax.co.uk do 9mm blanks cheap.

Thanks mate! Appreciated.

• Head Moderator

Because I play at the mall there are so many places I could use it and if I'm carrying a timed grenade I can use that for longer distances.

When I was there on 03 December, a player on the same team threw 3 BFGs into one of the shops to clear it and all 3 failed to detonate. Not sure of the make/type of BFG used but I think the carpet and below the knee throw meant they did not impact correctly, resulting in damp squib of an attack. At least with cardboard pyro it will detonate no matter how it is thrown and they can be lobbed anywhere.

When I was there on 03 December, a player on the same team threw 3 BFGs into one of the shops to clear it and all 3 failed to detonate. Not sure of the make/type of BFG used but I think the carpet and below the knee throw meant they did not impact correctly, resulting in damp squib of an attack. At least with cardboard pyro it will detonate no matter how it is thrown and they can be lobbed anywhere.

After the first 50 throws the BFG has paid for itself. That's a winner in my eyes. I will carry both impact and timed with me so I have best of both worlds :)

The hex one looks epic, because with traditional BFGs you spend a fair amount of times reloading. However the SWAT is basically a Dynatec with slight improvement - and that's a proven design!! As for 9mm blanks, I used to use shotgun primers, they are loud enough and cost something like 4p, so you can throw them all day!

Must have thrown my Dynatec timed BFGs about 100 times or so and not a single failure (including horrible weather and landing in puddles)

After the first 50 throws the BFG has paid for itself. That's a winner in my eyes. I will carry both impact and timed with me so I have best of both worlds :)

..and I'm guessing that is not even including the money you can get back selling them either^^?

The hex one looks epic, because with traditional BFGs you spend a fair amount of times reloading. However the SWAT is basically a Dynatec with slight improvement - and that's a proven design!! As for 9mm blanks, I used to use shotgun primers, they are loud enough and cost something like 4p, so you can throw them all day!

100% agree with you mate.

• Head Moderator

Just had a look at the website and video for the Hex grenade. Looks pretty good and something else to add to this years kit list, unfortunately there are no orange ones in stock (a bright colour being easier to find). Let us all know how you get on with it.

• Supporters

I know. They have a lot of rules regarding them but for how I use them it suits me perfect. Even with the paper based ones I've never really thrown them over waist height so the BFG below knee height will be fine for me.

Its not so much the below knee height which is an issue as thats not a big problem with timed grenades. Its the same level usage thats the issue, the mall has lots of stairways and being able to throw pyro up and down them is important sometimes. Especially the main one when going up to the balcony to punish all the campers up there, getting on to there is almost impossible without pyro sometimes.

I have been thinking about getting one as well and am swaying towards the Swat as you can use it any where. Thing that puts me off of an impact grenade is using it in woodland where there's the possibility of it not going off

Just had a look at the website and video for the Hex grenade. Looks pretty good and something else to add to this years kit list, unfortunately there are no orange ones in stock (a bright colour being easier to find). Let us all know how you get on with it.

Have to say, I'd have bought the orange one if it was in stock, I'd never seen a BFG I liked until I saw that.

I have been thinking about getting one as well and am swaying towards the Swat as you can use it any where. Thing that puts me off of an impact grenade is using it in woodland where there's the possibility of it not going off

For woodland, disposable cardboard pyro is by far the best option, you can launch them much further and its not the end of the world if they do get lost. The underarm only rules still apply, it's a big heavy chunk of metal at the end of the day.

Hi *

The orange and other colours will be back in stock in two weeks, we hope this helps. Shipping costs to the Uk are only £5, and about £15 to the U.S.

Regards

Alpha Tec

:)

EDIT: I was so sure it was £65, but that was the other one. :(

• Supporters

For woodland, disposable cardboard pyro is by far the best option, you can launch them much further and its not the end of the world if they do get lost. The underarm only rules still apply, it's a big heavy chunk of metal at the end of the day.

To be honest almost every single time I want to use Pyro at any site it would be over waist height at the very least. I'm going to sell both of my BFGs at some point and buy a load of MK5s with the money.

Quick update. They have both been ordered! So if anyone is interested I will leave a bit of a review/feedback on here. So keep an eye out. Now I just need to order the blanks! :)

**edit**

I will be at The Mall on 21st Jan so if anyone is interested in seeing it up close and personal and if you ask nicely I might let you use it! Just drop me a message

can always go rattlecan ^^ my BFGs was sprayed yellow and had a ducttape tail!

Where do you guys get the .209 SG primers? I've noticed a disconnect between the gun community and the airsoft community. Gun places wont post them, in person trading only, and airsoft vendors appear happy to post to UKARA holders.

No good buying a BFG if I cant load it for under 30p, prefer 5p though. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.