umarex m27 broken reloading hook

wojtas29

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi

my name is wojtek im new here

I broke yesterday plastic end of reloading hook. Do not know exact English name of this part so i'm gonna to attache pictures.

If anybody can help me, have any idea what is name of this part, or maybe know where to find replacement or original part

I will be very grateful
Thanks

post-12455-0-49717800-1452582364_thumb.jpg

post-12455-0-76462400-1452582365_thumb.jpg

post-12455-0-15475200-1452582367_thumb.jpg

post-12455-0-22872900-1452582368_thumb.jpg

• Root Admin

That's one of the best names I've heard for the charging handle. I'll be adopting it.

On a serious note: Is this the AEG or GBBR? I'd guess AEG from it being plastic, but from you snapping it I'd imagine it's possibly the GBBR as there's no point in using it except to reveal the hop otherwise.

AEG - too short to be a GBBR charging handle. Should have spotted that sooner.

Edit

Here's the manual people: http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/downloads/Umarex_M27IAR_AEG_parts_list.pdf

We're looking for part 01-11. Best bet for OP would be to directly contact VFC and order the spare through them.

Failing that just buy some JB Weld and glue it. Tends to be stronger than most of the plastics they use anyway so gluing it with a decent epoxy may be a better idea than buying a new one that's just going to break again at some point.

• Supporters

You could probably use a 416 or even M4 charging handle at a pinch. Make sure you get the same manufacturer though (VFC) as the profile of the little plastic bit on the end is subtly different from place to place (voice of experience).

• Root Admin

Honestly I'm still thinking gluing is the better option here - decent epoxies hold far, far stronger than the cheapo plastics most companies use for internals so if anything it'd be an upgrade. Also, that part is obviously completely obscured by the upper so there's no way you'd see the join.

Thanks for help Guys

I was looking for this manual what u post thanks again

btw

You advise me to glue it, i'll try it of course.

Which exactly glue can you recommend?

i found:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-B-Weld-Industrial-Strength-Adhesive-JB-Cold-Auto-Weld-/250846560732?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

im glad you like how i call the charging handle ;)

• Supporters

Just be careful to wipe off the excess epoxy before it sets though, too much and the handle won't slide properly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.