Heavyweight BB's - Any good suggestions?

Monty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Been looking around for heavy weight bb's for a few weeks and came across these, can't seem to find a recent review about them.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-bbs/we-europe-nuprol-0-43g-diamond-grade-6mm-bb-3000-light-yellow.htm#.VpQcafmLQdU

Price is ok, I guess. I've read that ProBall bb's are great, but can't seem to find any that are heavy weight.

At the moment I'm using .43 Proballs, you can get them from socom tactical in packs of 1000. They've started vac packing them and putting silica gel packs inside to prevent moisture too.

• Root Admin

Proballs or BB King. Wouldn't risk the Nuprols with their track record. As Snakeeyes says, I think most of the heavy materials being used now are hydrophilic, so Nuprol not keeping moisture out of their bottles could be exactly why they've been jamming up people's gats. BB King also put silica in their vacuum-packed bags.

• Supporters

Everybody still complains about the heavy nuprols but up to 0.28 is ok and their tracers are probably the best out there now.

Wouldnt recommend them at all for tightbores though, most decent bbs are actually about 5.95mm but nuprols are bang on 6mm so any issues in the barrel or hop and they jam.

• Supporters

At the moment I'm using .43 Proballs, you can get them from socom tactical in packs of 1000. They've started vac packing them and putting silica gel packs inside to prevent moisture too.

Will give them a go,

• Supporters

Can't purchase the Proballs from Socom because of my old address on my bank info, damn. Will get that sorted, thanks for the input folks.

Proballs or BB King. Wouldn't risk the Nuprols with their track record. As Snakeeyes says, I think most of the heavy materials being used now are hydrophilic, so Nuprol not keeping moisture out of their bottles could be exactly why they've been jamming up people's gats. BB King also put silica in their vacuum-packed bags.

Tried using the BBKings but I'm pretty sure they've swelled up due to a tiny hole in the packaging :( did get one or two to feed through my SVD but the rest of them jammed it up.

One thing I'll just add, I'm not going ot be buying loads in bulk now, maybe 2 packs at a time. Not worth the loss if there's a "Bad batch" again, I just threw 10,000 Rockets away as even my Orga barrel was struggling!

• 1 month later...
Guest PT247

Proballs have changed their packaging from the last lot I ordered, now come in silver pouches and have a warning on them to use within 2 months and to keep the desiccant in the packet.

• Root Admin

I did my due diligence and asked. Got a response:

'no they are not if you keep an eye out quite a few other brands will be doing the same. Even though coming out of another factory. I'll be honest we have a bad of 0.45 that have been sitting out back in the cold open since November and still trying to get them to swell even left some in water for a month!'

'Also I think bb king has only been offering then in silver mags for re last few weeks or when ever I noticed them we have had them in those bags since last June.'

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.