airsoft / gun show

sniperslucky

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

All,

I've booked to go to the gun show which holds the Airsoft show aswell has anyone been and are there deals or just another effort to get rid of stock without much of a bargain?

Thoughts/ reviews helpful from previous shows

• Head Moderator

Where and when is this being held?

• Head Moderator

I also could not find anything about airsoft being at the show. It will be an opportunity to buy real steel parts/assessories and some retailers may offer a show discount.

I also thought this was just Air Guns and Real steel not Airsoft, there is a separate named airsoft show on at the same time at the same venue from last year according to the Facebook page www.facebook.com/TheBritishAirsoftShow

But doesn't look like it's been updated since last year so I would hazard a guess and say it's not on again.

• Supporters

I seem to remember that the airsoft part wasn't as large as expected and about 3 people and a dog showed up. Hence the lack of a recurring event this year.

I've emailled them to find out as i'm not driving for 3 hrs if its not on, poss cheap tickets on sale : 1x adult and 1x child ticket

• Supporters

Also is it not a very very very bad idea to have airsoft and real guns mix???? We want to be as far away from that as possible.

1. They've been kept very seperate the last 3 years (usually the airguns between the two areas)

2. Most people there can tell the difference pretty quickly whether it's real or not

3. Anything firearm shaped IS a firearm and ALL firearms are ALWAYS loaded. There should be no difference in your handling of airsoft or live firearms. Particularly at a gunshow.

4. I shoot propper stuff and airsoft, my airsofting improves my mini rifle and my .308 improves my sniping. clay shooting helps my practical shotgun. All are fun and All are safe.

We I want to be as far away from that as possible.

5. Why? We're all the same as far as politicians and the general public are concerned. The more we stick together and shout the same stuff the more we'll be heard.

1. They've been kept very seperate the last 3 years (usually the airguns between the two areas)

2. Most people there can tell the difference pretty quickly whether it's real or not

3. Anything firearm shaped IS a firearm and ALL firearms are ALWAYS loaded. There should be no difference in your handling of airsoft or live firearms. Particularly at a gunshow.

4. I shoot propper stuff and airsoft, my airsofting improves my mini rifle and my .308 improves my sniping. clay shooting helps my practical shotgun. All are fun and All are safe.

We I want to be as far away from that as possible.

5. Why? We're all the same as far as politicians and the general public are concerned. The more we stick together and shout the same stuff the more we'll be heard.

Seriously? It doesn't matter what you think as an 'Airsofter', its what Joe public thinks. If politicians and the public see airsoft at a Gun show next to shotguns etc it only strengthens their belief that these will become real and kill everyone if a bad guy picks one up!

"i shoot Proper stuff" seriously, you sound like a kid.........

.....hell did a civi just give me weapon handling advice.......

• Supporters

Politicians and the public will think what they want, seeing airsoft next to what is available on the civilian market in the UK won't really make an impact. They already think we're all evil lunatics who bathe in childrens tears. The point I was making is that rather than fighting essentially the same argument (guns are bad m'kay) as two separate groups, we fight the same argument as a single voice. Many members of the public see shotguns as something people in tweed use to hunt gamebirds and claybusting as something they 'might like to try one day' but don't really care beyond that. What we do, by dressing in camo and running around using full-auto weapons and using real-world tactics? To most people, the claybusting is less likely to harbour lunatics/terrorists/whatever

Excellent Ad Hominem, allow me to ask permission to add 'you're probably, like, 12' to my excellent list of internet comebacks.

'I shoot proper stuff' was added to show I use and understand both sides of this current topic. The real point I was trying to make was that the skills are mutually beneficial to each other and mostly transferable.

Ahh, the good ol' appeal to authority. Now, don't get me wrong, if you were/are serving military I have respect for what you do. However, I deal far too often with service personnel who 'know it all' and then immediately pick up a gun, finger on trigger and point it at me. Great, cheers for that.

Regardless of you being military/police or 'just a civi' You're just as squishy to a bullet from a firearm as me and your eyes are just as squishy to a BB.

The Airsoft Area is a massive area dedicated purely to Airsoft. Exhibitors include, ASG, The Grange, Stirling Airsoft, UKPSA & JD airsoft. Many more will be added very shortly..

Outdoor activities include Action Air range, Military Simulation, 'Have a Go' area & range, clayshooting, airgun & pistol ranges, Live .22 semi automatic rimfire range, archery & shotgun simulation.

With ‘Early bird’ adult tickets at only £9 including free priority parking, the show organisers promise visitors will certainly get their money’s worth! For more information and to take advantage of the early bird offer please go to; www.northernshootingshow.co.uk

Just seen this on Airsoft Action Mag. Looks like it's got a bit of everything, but we've got our own hall which could be good. Anyone heard anything about this show?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

So after a 05:30 set off we arrived at the show and after walking through a maze of stalls we found the AirGun/Airsoft part of the event, It was virtually empty as the event had just opened but i thought this would be the best time to check out the stalls and assess where bargains were to be found. Bargins ? there was the following stalls "Daves customs", the grange, sierra alpha supplies, hellfire, templar, just cause stirling airsoft and gunfire. Gunfire a great online shop but sadly they had the small stall of the whole event (although they did give my son 2no patches for free) this was disappointing none of the stalls mentioned had any real bargins just trying to sell at shop prices, even the other patches my son brought where at full price. Ihad expected more BB's and fund parts rather than every stall showing off guns at £200 upwards.

The +Side of the event was Stirling Airsoft for flying the flag to try and introduce Airsoft to the masses, with a free all gear supplied 20min (2x 10min scenario's ). If this is to be the future for Airsoft then the suppliers better get behind and turn up to make it an Airsoft event worth going to and also for the Airsofters to turn up and make the event. This could arranged by Forums to get members to meet up" just like the Mall meet".

In all the event was ok but the exhibitors must make it worth the trip and get behind the show, as mentioned if Gunfire think that the smallest stall is ok then the show will disappear as there where no real bargains to be had to draw the crowds. maybe if Stirling could get a bigger plot and have a proper airsoft event / tournament more would be made of the show.

Did any other members go /share views.

Thanks for the report man.

I, as others have, would caution against any element of the sport trying to embed within the real firearms section of society.

If the sport is to survive, it is far more likely to do so better aligning more with sports such as Paintball and Archery, creating as much distance as possible from the real gun lobby.

I entirely agree though that retailers and supplies need to do much more to legitamise the sport, make it appeal to the masses, and to showcase its relative harmlessness when done appropriately.

Yeah - thanks for the report. I guess from the lack of replies, no one else went! There were a couple of shows last year that got terrible reviews and were not worth attending, so I guess it put people off.

I was intending to go - it wasn't a million miles from me - but unfortunately some work came up and ruined that plan.

I'd recommend looking at The Midlands Airsoft Fair at the Gaol in Rutland. That's run a couple of times a year and is dedicated to airsoft, rather than being tacked onto a larger show. There are a selection of retailers who go. There are also usually several private sellers - which is where you'll get the bargains.

Although I get why people would go to an Airsoft show, I'm not a great fan of these events myself.

To me its the same as my other hobbies (Mountain bilking & Bass guitar) I would only go to an event like this if I was looking for something new to buy, but as I'm not looking for a next large purchase I really would be wasting my own time.

This is not being negative about the event, I'm just voicing my own opinion about shows like this

Yes - I think the main attraction of shows like this is to see the latest/newest products, what's coming out etc..

I'm afraid that all the UK based airsoft shows seem to be the retailers selling the same stuff you can buy online, at the same prices. There's not really anything to draw you there apart from being able to handle/see something in real life before handing over the money.

If they featured manufacturers with new products etc.. then they would have more appeal. Just look at Shot Show in the US. Many airsoft manufacturers use it to launch/preview their upcoming releases.

• Supporters

The Airsoft Expo at the Malls was pretty good for what it was. Some definite bargains were on sale on the day and more importantly it was a good chance to have a look at a wider range of stuff than you'd get in your average store.

Hopefully they do another one this year!

• Head Moderator

The Airsoft Expo at the Malls was pretty good for what it was. Some definite bargains were on sale on the day and more importantly it was a good chance to have a look at a wider range of stuff than you'd get in your average store.

Hopefully they do another one this year!

I read a magazine article about last years event and it was a good review, great to get lots of retailers in one location. If The Mall does hold the same event this year I would want to go. Online shopping is fine but I do like to see products in person.

We went to the show to buy some upgrades / tac gear but there was very little supply of any could even get a spare mag for my G3, like i said couldn't see why a site like GUNFIRE would have the smallest stall with very little on it. Buying direct at the show would same on the extra postage costs.

I've previously gone to fishing shows and always grab a bargin or two.

I read a magazine article about last years event and it was a good review, great to get lots of retailers in one location. If The Mall does hold the same event this year I would want to go. Online shopping is fine but I do like to see products in person.

Please post on forum if the Mall show goes ahead very interested.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.