Stop Quoting Everything!

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have recently been editing some peoples posts in the classified area of the forums asking people to not quote an entire OP when they only need more info on either 1 item or they are the first post in the thread other than the first post.

Please can you stop quoting unnecesarily, it isn't necessary at all, if you want more info on something, or want to highlight a certain area of text, only quote that section (delete the bits you don't want when typing the comment)

I know for a fact that some users don't use full size computers to view the forums and as good as the iphone screen is at scrolling, no scrolling > scrolling.

same goes for quoting pictures or the person above you in a thread

There is nothing to discuss on this topic, if you want to talk about it, just PM me.

• Supporters
I have recently been editing some peoples posts in the classified area of the forums asking people to not quote an entire OP when they only need more info on either 1 item or they are the first post in the thread other than the first post.

Please can you stop quoting unnecesarily, it isn't necessary at all, if you want more info on something, or want to highlight a certain area of text, only quote that section (delete the bits you don't want when typing the comment)

I know for a fact that some users don't use full size computers to view the forums and as good as the iphone screen is at scrolling, no scrolling > scrolling.

same goes for quoting pictures or the person above you in a thread

There is nothing to discuss on this topic, if you want to talk about it, just PM me.

I KNOW ITS F(&^*** ANNOYING :P

In sales posts with loads of pictures can be quite annoying, the quote feature is meant for when your referring a previous post in the thread guys for example you would quote a post from page 20 of a 40 page thread!

Archived