Airsoftmega store

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well i read a few online reviews of not so happy customers but decided to risk it as they where cheaper than evike for shipping and what i wanted can only be bought from the u.s.

Shipping was quick but no tracking info was given even though the site said it would be. And have now got to jump through ups customs hoops as they labled a handguard as an RIF!!! So iv got forms to fill and deffence to prove. Not an issue as i have the defence but if you didnt have one (which you dont need for parts) you would be screwed as now its shipped under a lable classing it as an rif its being treated like an rif!!!

Dont risk it is my advise there customer services are aslo ghosts who never reapond to you. Should of paid extra and bought from evike (who im not a fan of) but atleast the dont miss class items.

I didnt get a code they had simply written rif on the shipping lable contents description so ups have stopped the package with thier customs department and have sent me an rif clasifications form that i meed to fill out to release the goods and confirm defence etc.

Alot of agro for a handguard tbh!!

• Root Admin

Again, what did you buy? There are certain ways they need to comply with the export of real-steal compatible parts (right down to externals like handguards) and which countries they get sent to because the US is very careful about gear not ending up in the wrong hands. Usually this isn't a problem at all, but I've known cases where UPS, USPS and FedEx have incorrectly interpreted these forms as needing an RIF disclosure on this end.

Is a magpul moe sl hanguard for my pts rm4. Iv orderedhandguards from evike before with no drama just cost 7billion pounds to ship lol

Aye, you don't have to prove anything if you don't have to prove anything, especially to a courier service. UPS holds up all evike packages for example, but that does not mean you have to provide "proof" (of eligibility to import something the package 'might' contain) when it's asked for.

This probably isn't helpful, but if customs is not involved do not let a courier bully you.

• Root Admin

Is a magpul moe sl hanguard for my pts rm4. Iv orderedhandguards from evike before with no drama just cost 7billion pounds to ship lol

I can see this happening, especially on such a well known brand as Magpul. Again, there are certain restrictions on exporting lots of gun paraphernalia - thankfully no countries in the EU are a part of those restrictions but they would likely have to have declared the contents to UPS and they in turn may well have gone ahead and turned it into an RIF thinking that they were helping you by declaring it properly.

Lanner Tactical stock a lot of Magpul stuff, including the handguard that you were after. I say this a lot on here, but there's almost no reason to ever buy from the US - all the well known brands export to Europe anyway (albeit a few months after things are released) as shooting is actually pretty damn big in some parts of the EU. If you have to then checking out northern European sites I've found can find you some pretty good stuff, but the cost of air freight across the Atlantic is way too high. Failing that, Brownells do drop-shipping from the US at fairly competitive prices so they're worth a go too. Remember, you're never confined to just the UK - getting something shipped from within the EU to the UK is very quick and generally quite cheap. Just make sure you have the translator on in Chrome.

Are you kidding? I tried searching every where for it :( iv never even heard of them. Ill check thier site out now though! Dman it!!

Ffs! They do as well and a dman sight cheaper than its cost me to ship one over :( sad times! Harsh leasson learnt.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.