Squad - Clan Recruitment

LordPenguin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys

If anybody is interested in playing Squad with a large clan (over 130 members) in a fun but semi-serious environment then please register here:

http://www.20r.eu/login/do/register

join this Teamspeak address:

20r.tserverhq.com

and add me on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LordPenguinZ/home

We play every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 7PM GMT and often play in large inter clan tournaments.

15 is the minimum age limit.

Cheers.

• Root Admin

Honestly I've played with milsim groups and when you have anything over 30 people the only way to manage them effectively is through some use of a rank structure - doesn't have to follow anything from real life, but many do because it's easy to understand. It's just impossible for everyone to have fun if it's super casual with that many people when teamwork is just such a vital part of the game.

It's those communities that think the rank means something outside of a game where things get significantly OTT. This site looks like it may be one of those. Also, Enjin is terribad.

• 3 weeks later...

If that's how they get their enjoyment from a game then so be it. Different styles for everyone. As long as it's not shoved down everyone else's throat as being the only way to play the game.
For the record the Games Workshop clan would go home and paint some more models.

• Root Admin

For ArmA it is. Even places like ShacTac - that may appear like they don't have some sort of structure - still assign people to squads and still have people leading those squads who in turn report to others.

To see the effects of a lovely organised large group then play a Domination or Invade & Annex server. You'll find it different and enjoyable at times, but not able to get the most ArmA has to offer.

I don't like it, but those communities where there's been a decernable assignment of jobs (and therefore some command structure) are always the best. I've played ArmA on and off since OFP - sometimes as a small group of friends and sometimes as a part of a huge milsim group - and that's the conclusion I've drawn.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.