Thinking About G&G GR25

MarksmanHarry

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right... So I'm looking at buying a G&G GR25, as I want to run a nice DMR.

So I've got a few questions...

- Would there be a better pick for a base gun as DMR?

- I'm going to be putting a 120 spring in her, what high torque motor+torque gears should I purchase

- Batteries... Should I run 8.4, 9.6 or 11v Li-Po?

May add more questions as they come into my head, thanks in advance.

• Supporters

i have a G&G SR25

i have fitted a Polarstar jack to it ;)B)

in all honesty every guide i have read recommends getting the A&K SR25, as it has the v2.5 gearbox, which is the same as the v2, except it has a 19tooth piston and longer cylinder etc, which ensures correct cylinder porting for the longer barrel length.

the main problem with the G&G is it has a propriety hop unit ... and the nozzle is huge lol

the only other issue i have found is with 0.4 bb's and above not feeding in the 120rd mags, as there double stack type, 50rd and the hi-caps are fine.

i did ru a 7.4v lipo, if going 11v, i recommend a mosfet, unless you like replacing trigger contacts.

one last problem i had with mine, if your quick on the trigger release, you may lock the gear box, and as it has no full auto, i had to remove the motor to poke the anti reverse latch into un jamming the box.

other then that its a nice gun :lol:B) i wont be selling mine ;)

i have a G&G SR25

i have fitted a Polarstar jack to it ;)B)

in all honesty every guide i have read recommends getting the A&K SR25, as it has the v2.5 gearbox, which is the same as the v2, except it has a 19tooth piston and longer cylinder etc, which ensures correct cylinder porting for the longer barrel length.

the main problem with the G&G is it has a propriety hop unit ... and the nozzle is huge lol

the only other issue i have found is with 0.4 bb's and above not feeding in the 120rd mags, as there double stack type, 50rd and the hi-caps are fine.

i did ru a 7.4v lipo, if going 11v, i recommend a mosfet, unless you like replacing trigger contacts.

one last problem i had with mine, if your quick on the trigger release, you may lock the gear box, and as it has no full auto, i had to remove the motor to poke the anti reverse latch into un jamming the box.

other then that its a nice gun :lol:B) i wont be selling mine ;)

Get out'a here with your P* ;) a FE + rig will be a birthday present to myself haha!

As for the quick trigger, if I fitted a new selector plate+programmable mosphet = backup full auto for clearing? :o (just a theory)

Personally would you recommend me go with A+K? Thanks for the help pal

Edit: I also can't find any UK online shops with the A+K SR25? I usually shop at PatrolBase :P

• Supporters

not saying these clowns but....

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/a-k-sr-25k-full-metal-airsoft-aeg-rifle-with-crane-stock-in-black.html

shame coz gunfire did a sr25 on offer at about 150 Euros couple of weeks before chrimbo:

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152192690-GF25-K-sniper-rifle-replica.html

other options are cm032 or just go nutz on a normal slightly longer gun

ffs its airsoft - screw what others think about a long nosed M4

not saying these clowns but....

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/a-k-sr-25k-full-metal-airsoft-aeg-rifle-with-crane-stock-in-black.html

shame coz gunfire did a sr25 on offer at about 150 Euros couple of weeks before chrimbo:

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152192690-GF25-K-sniper-rifle-replica.html

other options are cm032 or just go nutz on a normal slightly longer gun

ffs its airsoft - screw what others think about a long nosed M4

Yeah saw that, was put off by the name, not guna lie haha!

Thanks anyway pal - and I'm not too fond of m14 style rifles (cm032)

EDIT: Also Mr Duck - if I'm guna go down the m4 route, what would I need to upgrade to make it into a nice DMR

• Supporters

the longest barrel you can fit......

after about 350mm it does jack $hit but it looks bad ass to enemy

mine is bigger than yours & no I'm not over compensating for something........

but there are limits - p90 mofo has gone ott me thinks:

11055490_1418436018457796_1277566053_n.j

DMR - dmr the whole thing is kinda weird.....

most guns can shoot better without the long mofo barrel or the higher fps

you gain say 75fps but often without attention to detail to barrel/hop you get little over a decent normal aeg

Yes you can "convert" a M4 to a "DMR" but some picky places may not accept that mofo single shot M4 as a true DMR

but in effect a m130 spring, lock to semi if no auto ever available then an additional micro switch tucked away

to trigger a mosfet to clear any semi lockup's - but mag needs to be removed if clearing a lock up & firing on full auto

neo motor fet deans etc for response - really though it is just getting it shooting as best/accurately as you can

really really messing with hop bucking barrel is where the attention to detail is.....

no point shooting a heavier bb and still range and groupings being absolute $hite even with extra fps

Before you embark on a M4 dmr project - check your site's specs

more serious places don't allow just anybody with a beefy M4 and announce it as a dmr....

me personally and other not so serious sites couldn't care less

if it is following the normal 425-450fps limit locked to semi - then fair enough to me

tricky bit is getting a "dmr" to perform like a dmr

ya average starter can shoot ok-ish but a poor dmr all over the place will just leave you annoyed

the longest barrel you can fit......

after about 350mm it does jack $hit but it looks bad ass to enemy

mine is bigger than yours & no I'm not over compensating for something........

but there are limits - p90 mofo has gone ott me thinks:

11055490_1418436018457796_1277566053_n.j

DMR - dmr the whole thing is kinda weird.....

most guns can shoot better without the long mofo barrel or the higher fps

you gain say 75fps but often without attention to detail to barrel/hop you get little over a decent normal aeg

Yes you can "convert" a M4 to a "DMR" but some picky places may not accept that mofo single shot M4 as a true DMR

but in effect a m130 spring, lock to semi if no auto ever available then an additional micro switch tucked away

to trigger a mosfet to clear any semi lockup's - but mag needs to be removed if clearing a lock up & firing on full auto

neo motor fet deans etc for response - really though it is just getting it shooting as best/accurately as you can

really really messing with hop bucking barrel is where the attention to detail is.....

no point shooting a heavier bb and still range and groupings being absolute $hite even with extra fps

Before you embark on a M4 dmr project - check your site's specs

more serious places don't allow just anybody with a beefy M4 and announce it as a dmr....

me personally and other not so serious sites couldn't care less

if it is following the normal 425-450fps limit locked to semi - then fair enough to me

tricky bit is getting a "dmr" to perform like a dmr

ya average starter can shoot ok-ish but a poor dmr all over the place will just leave you annoyed

Well my 3 nearest sites (the only ones I play at use these rules):

Site 1: 500 fps for semi auto ONLY / bolt action snipers or DMR's (30m engagement min) side arm req

Site 2+3: 450 FPS, same other rules as above

so I would of thought an m4 with long ass barrel, nice hop+purple??? bucking and a high torque motor+gears with 120 spring and metal spring guide would be around the 450 fps mark

Locking to semi... I was thinking of using a programmable fet so that both auto+semi shoot in semi, then like you said a micro switch in the magwell for clearing...

The problems:

I've never modded a gun internally, so I have NO clue on how to do any of this, or which parts to buy... All I know is I want a bad ass DMR because I was going to go down the TM VSR10 route, but tbh I think this way will be better because towards the end of the year I'll probably chuch a P* FE in it to make it even more kick-ass

I also dont want to be spending LOADS, i was thinking of like 200(300 max) for the base then like 100-150 or so max on mods? Would that kind of budget be appropriate (I already have optics so only external mod i'd need/want would be a foregrip+mock sup'.

• Supporters

nomally dmr's go at 425-450 max ruling

50 less than sniper's max limit

due to aeg and also the dmr can spam a bit on semi

true milsim strict ruling may enforce a 3 sec delay

(aprox time to recock a bolt sniper)

m120 spring will get you to say 400+

m130 is what you should need to attain 425-450

(though this can vary on different springs)

max gearing 13:1 and a VERY good motor pulling m130 full stroke

normal gen gearbox basic service etc........

however - it is barrel and more importantly the hop that you need to spend time/money on

R-hop is going to be the way to go but I haven't dabbled so can't offer much advice in that area

I'm still learning but have found the alternative flat hop don't work too great on tight barrels 6.02

often the longer barrels seem to go 6.05 upwards rather than tighter and higher fps

but hop/bucking/nub is critical area - the box is not so must be mental mofo - working well but not ultra critical

I'm on the cheap mess about side of stuff - probably with a 50m range

the area you need is probably pro-win hop R-hopped on a decent barrel - not mental one

but lapped and polished to close perfection - that is what the mofo's have in their guns

after numerous experiments with bb's and buckings - not easy to get that close to squeezing everything out of gun

just saying higher fps is not the answer to everything....

too many keep bunging in a higher spring to get the fps rather than make seals airtight

bad range - more power - nope

TM's shoot very well they all say but often fps wise they are lower than most guns out of box

so that example proves fps is not the be all n end all many think

yes you will spend most of your budget on the hop/barrel to attain max possible range/accuracy/groupings

the box itself is not any area than needs loads of work - just a bit servicing and motor/fet

before you go nutz - check your site is not too picky on its dmr spec and a beefy M4 is allowed

to me it should be but some sites/players get a bit picky

nomally dmr's go at 425-450 max ruling

50 less than sniper's max limit

due to aeg and also the dmr can spam a bit on semi

true milsim strict ruling may enforce a 3 sec delay

(aprox time to recock a bolt sniper)

m120 spring will get you to say 400+

m130 is what you should need to attain 425-450

(though this can vary on different springs)

max gearing 13:1 and a VERY good motor pulling m130 full stroke

normal gen gearbox basic service etc........

however - it is barrel and more importantly the hop that you need to spend time/money on

R-hop is going to be the way to go but I haven't dabbled so can't offer much advice in that area

I'm still learning but have found the alternative flat hop don't work too great on tight barrels 6.02

often the longer barrels seem to go 6.05 upwards rather than tighter and higher fps

but hop/bucking/nub is critical area - the box is not so must be mental mofo - working well but not ultra critical

I'm on the cheap mess about side of stuff - probably with a 50m range

the area you need is probably pro-win hop R-hopped on a decent barrel - not mental one

but lapped and polished to close perfection - that is what the mofo's have in their guns

after numerous experiments with bb's and buckings - not easy to get that close to squeezing everything out of gun

just saying higher fps is not the answer to everything....

too many keep bunging in a higher spring to get the fps rather than make seals airtight

bad range - more power - nope

TM's shoot very well they all say but often fps wise they are lower than most guns out of box

so that example proves fps is not the be all n end all many think

yes you will spend most of your budget on the hop/barrel to attain max possible range/accuracy/groupings

the box itself is not any area than needs loads of work - just a bit servicing and motor/fet

before you go nutz - check your site is not too picky on its dmr spec and a beefy M4 is allowed

to me it should be but some sites/players get a bit picky

Just rung my nearest site, they said they count M4 Base DMR's under the sniper rule aslong as it runs an optic that is atleast 3x mag. So, being as I have a 4-9 optic, all good-in-the-hood.

So...Now my questions stand at:

- What base M4 should I chose

- Which Hop unit+ bucking should I buy

- Which barrel?

- Which motor

- Which gearset

- Who the f*ck are mofos you keep talking about haha

• Supporters

Base M4 - any one as long as take the general TM stuff

300 to 409mm I guess

though a base M4 should not have the fixed front sight unless your optics are on risers

though you can replace the fixed M4 front sight with fold/removable one

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-cxp16-long-version-airsoft-gun-aeg

nice looking gun, 2 part gearbox to allow you to go from 350 to 450 spring change

can add on longer outer extension and barrel to look bad ass but say a 350 barrel in supressor will be fine....

great uk seller for ics stuff

hop/barrel - hmmm avoid madbull - if spending money pdi barrel, prowin hop

(though ics hop/bucking is a little bespoke and might not work in ics)

motor shs torque - strength and not too silly speed

gearset - well stock 18:1 should be ok at a push

16:1 or 13:1 if snappy response is plenty

mofo's - just general term aka mother f*cker

usually when something is damn bloody good

Not saying the ics one is the be all & end all

you could get krytac or others TM etc....

but tbh it might be worth two things:

1 - see what others may say - always good to research and get opinions etc....

2 - you could just approach firesupport and get them to build your gun for you to a dmr spec

(note there is a sportsline (plastic version) that is £50 cheaper but tbh get the metal for £50 more)

I would of said this or that gun but the ics will allow you to swap springs

yes some have a very quick change spring, but on M4's you have to half remove the gearbox

unless you drill out a bloody big hole where stock tube goes to get to QD spring guide

the ics - not quite as quick but lower box/wiring/motor stays put

Wait a while - somebody else will chime in with other suggestions

and I might even change my mind also but put on spot the long cxp might be one I'd consider

then have the dmr/aeg quick spring change option - drop down to 350fps

and overkill that little 12yr old $hit with his JBBG that's not taking his long range hits all morning

(yes I'm a sick bastid/mofo)

• Supporters

Get out'a here with your P* ;) a FE + rig will be a birthday present to myself haha!

As for the quick trigger, if I fitted a new selector plate+programmable mosphet = backup full auto for clearing? :o (just a theory)

Personally would you recommend me go with A+K? Thanks for the help pal

Edit: I also can't find any UK online shops with the A+K SR25? I usually shop at PatrolBase :P

Polarstar jack mate ;) wayy cheaper then a FE, and more air efficient :D

I have no experience with tha a&k so cannot comment mate

Polarstar jack mate ;) wayy cheaper then a FE, and more air efficient :D

I have no experience with tha a&k so cannot comment mate

What's the difference in the two? Apart from the 150 price difference?

And whats the best place to buy one in UK bud?

So if I go with polarstar jack, all id need then is the base+air rig+hop+barrel?

EDIT: Done a bit of research, seems cool bit consider it tbh... but still ^

• Supporters

What's the difference in the two? Apart from the 150 price difference?

And whats the best place to buy one in UK bud?

So if I go with polarstar jack, all id need then is the base+air rig+hop+barrel?

EDIT: Done a bit of research, seems cool bit consider it tbh... but still ^

Other then the price and air usage not a lot, I don't think, then again I have no real experience with the FE

Have a look on beesting airsoft mate ;) they do some really good deals

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.