UPGRADING ICS M4

LordPenguin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys,

I currently own a ICS-21 (Full metal M4) which I bought a few months ago.

I've used it about three times and have already noticed a drop in performance especially in terms of range and accuracy, what are my best options with regards to fixing this/upgrading?

I'm also keen on the idea of replacing my hand guard with a RAS/SIR however I understand I can only use RAS's made by ICS and have been struggling to find any online, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

post-12435-0-89055900-1452273763_thumb.png

post-12435-0-07417200-1452273786_thumb.png

Have you cleaned the barrel recently? changed BB's? made any adjustments to the hop?

I haven't cleaned the barrel or changed BBs however I have adjusted the hop up which has seemed to slightly improve things, would if be worth upgrading the hop up maybe?

Thanks.

ICS M4 hop ups are proprietry so unless your capable of modding another hop up to fit then I wouldnt bother, on the plus side ICS M4 hops a generally very good. Give the barrel a good clean and perhaps change the hop up rubber. You can use non ICS Rails if you change the barrel nut to a G&P.

ICS M4 hop ups are proprietry so unless your capable of modding another hop up to fit then I wouldnt bother, on the plus side ICS M4 hops a generally very good. Give the barrel a good clean and perhaps change the hop up rubber. You can use non ICS Rails if you change the barrel nut to a G&P.

Cheers for the advice.

I've heard that changing the barrel nut is a difficult process however, can you confirm this???

The barrel nut just unscrews. It's only difficult if it's on there really tight! You might need to use a rubber boa wrench or an armourers tool to get it off.

As long as you buy a G&P barrel nut as Mack says, or a free float rail that will fit a G&P M4 then you're pretty much good to go. The only other thing you'll find is that a non-ICS barrel nut will not fit over the tabs on the ICS outer barrel. You will need to remove them - you'll see why when you try and slide the nut over them ;-) It takes about 30 seconds with a hack saw to cut them off. I've uploaded a pic below. Bear in mind that once you've done this, your old handguards won't fit as securely anymore as those tabs are used to help steady it.

post-3786-0-04247800-1452378224_thumb.jpg

The barrel nut just unscrews. It's only difficult if it's on there really tight! You might need to use a rubber boa wrench or an armourers tool to get it off.

As long as you buy a G&P barrel nut as Mack says, or a free float rail that will fit a G&P M4 then you're pretty much good to go. The only other thing you'll find is that a non-ICS barrel nut will not fit over the tabs on the ICS outer barrel. You will need to remove them - you'll see why when you try and slide the nut over them ;-) It takes about 30 seconds with a hack saw to cut them off. I've uploaded a pic below. Bear in mind that once you've done this, your old handguards won't fit as securely anymore as those tabs are used to help steady it.

Alright cheers for clearing that up dude.

At this rate I might as well just buy another gun because its going to cost me like £80 to get a decent rail system and a new barrel nut...

Thanks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.