oil for gbb pistol

TDQ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi..... can anyone recommend a good oil and supplier for gbb pistol.Have been reading various inputs from type to weight etc.

Another comment was its not necessary to buy from an airsoft shop as over priced.....

• Root Admin

Well you say that but they label it as 'Abbey Silicone gun oil' - it's 100% silicone though, so it's cool. Just slightly misleading name I guess.

To OP: Just to put your mind at ease, whilst Abbey is kind of tailored towards airsoft players and pellet gun enthusiasts, it is good stuff. The problem with grabbing some from a hardware shop is most have additives that eat away at the seals in your gun. The Abbey stuff is about £6 a bottle, but that bottle will last you a couple of years so it's not a problem.

You can also get spray cans of the low-viscosity silicone oil, but really you don't need to worry about complicating matters with that. Some high-viscosity silicone oil will do the trick in 99% of cases.

Well you say that but they label it as 'Abbey Silicone gun oil' - it's 100% silicone though, so it's cool. Just slightly misleading name I guess.

Yep, but sadly, oil is a verb synonymous with lubricate.

I suppose Abbey mean you to use it for oiling, not that it is oil. :wacko:

• Head Moderator

Yep, but sadly, oil is a verb synonymous with lubricate.

I suppose Abbey mean you to use it for oiling, not that it is oil. :wacko:

Remember "There's ALWAYS time for lubricant!" - Harry Block in Evolution (2001)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.