Dragons Lair (Brentwood)

lazybike

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, looking to take my 13yr old here for our first skirmish, have spoken to the guys at Airsoft Zone who have been really helpfull, does anyone have any experience of this site? Any advice regarding a youngster and their first skirmish? Many thanks.

• Supporters

Hi

I am a regular there and shop at Airsoft Zone.

Dragons Lair has a Facebook community which you can find here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/129808267105240/

They have a website too but its rarely updated:

http://www.dragonslairairsoft.co.uk/

Ray Cain (owner) of the site is very friendly and a jovial chap, his wife Jean is very friendly with everyone both regular and new comers, site marshals are generally the owners family and friends and they all enjoy a bit of fun TBH. Games are played on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month with occasional night games played too (look on their Facebook page to see when those crop up). Cost is £25 for a day if you have your own guns, otherwise rental package is £55 + £30 deposit, give everything bar the BBs back and the £30 is refunded to you. Airsoft Zone has a small stall set up at one side selling a small variety of the guns they have in the shop, BBs, smoke grenades and other stuff.

They will be happy to accommodate your child (you dont say if its a girl or boy), they dont mind if they are playing with a two tone gun or full on black RIF, all they ask is that they wear a full face mask made of plastic or mesh, no cloth. There is no limit on rate of fire, number of magazines you carry or how many BBs you take with you, this is not Milsim, all they ask is that AEG are at 350FPS max, DMR Rifles locked to semi and at 450FPS Max and Bolt rifles at 500FPS Max, DMRs and bolt with a minimum engagement distance of 25m. All mags must be removed and guns shot at least once prior to entering the safe zone, they generally dont frown upon dry firing in the safe zone if you are testing you gun, i know some sites that go ape shit about dry firing even when you have the gun apart (as in lower receiver away from upper)

Games vary in terms of Scenarios and objectives but generally are played out in a small woodland area which is large enough for play but small enough you can really get lost in, there are a few barriers here and there, a fort and a small village. The Safe Zone is well decked out, all benches and prep areas is under a roof, there is usually a tech on site to help with simple repairs, a small tuck shop, large amounts of parking and usually at lunch theres a bloke who does pulled pork buns, burgers and other things.

As a first time site for either yourself and your child its a great place, it was where i went for my first Airsoft experience 2 years ago and look where that got me! over 8 guns later and two military operator outfits in black and Multicam with comms everything lol.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.