Few UKARA Questions.

CSA-Jake

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've looked everywhere for answers, but thought I'dask here. Been a member of this site since 2011.

I havent been airsofting in a while due to college and not having the funds, but recently have gotten a job (recently meaning the past year). Now i have the money to start the hobby I love.

A friend of mine has quit airsofting and kindly gifted me 2 off his RIFs. Im not sure if I'm allowed to use them on sites or not due to not being a UKARA holder. Plus they are both GAS.

Thoughts? I used to go in the past so im pretty mature when it comes to using them.

• Supporters

That's a pretty loaded answer there. :) But unless importing [external parts], its basically correct.

No, even importing external parts is fine. You can import all the requisite bits to build a RIF 100% legally. You fall foul of the VCRA the moment you put them together.

No, even importing external parts is fine. You can import all the requisite bits to build a RIF 100% legally. You fall foul of the VCRA the moment you put them together.

Your comment is just as misleading.

What is important is how Customs/Imports behaves in practice, not the letter of the law. Just see their own manual, they don't even follow the law.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi7ncOQzpfKAhVHtRQKHT8jBkAQFggjMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbasc.org.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fplugins%2Fdownload-monitor%2Fdownload.php%3Fid%3D102&usg=AFQjCNHc--wsFkQneTwhxKcNnlDTJoqDAA&sig2=CVVKswdGtspOH-osvuO8gg&cad=rja

3. Import Defences

The VCRA sets out a number of defences to prosecution which although do

not technically apply at the point of import it is UK Border Agency policy to

apply them to private individuals as if they did.

There are numerous reports of customs seizing external RIF parts - albeit usually in instances where 50% of a gun arrives, and is followed by the other 50%. I can't cite these non were verifiable forum posts.

Edited by Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.