The Mall (Reading) - 17th Jan

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah, I would also say hit taking was not great. With indoors CQB I find there is often a lot of 50/50 incidents where both sides SHOULD just take the hit and walk but I don't think this was overly the case yesterday. If both sides walk then there is no 'oh I shot you first' shouts and no arguments.

The lack of hit taking did slightly taint my view of The Mall yesterday but I did enjoy it and I must admit, what a venue! Nice to meet a few of the guys off here too!

• Supporters

You cant really hold hit taking against a site as thats the players. The marshalls having words shows it must of been a bad day which doesnt happen often.

I hate players who try that I got you first crap. If its a 50/50 take it and walk away. I have had a couple try and argue it with me but I refuse to budge.

The private night will be better and I am sure the Sunday game wont be as bad. Dont let one bad day ruin your opinion of any site.

You cant really hold hit taking against a site as thats the players. The marshalls having words shows it must of been a bad day which doesnt happen often.

I hate players who try that I got you first crap. If its a 50/50 take it and walk away. I have had a couple try and argue it with me but I refuse to budge.

The private night will be better and I am sure the Sunday game wont be as bad. Dont let one bad day ruin your opinion of any site.

Yeah, totally agree. I was telling my mate who is coming on the Sunday that one experience of a place isn't enough to make a conclusive (holistic) view.

The main issues mentioned were blind firing, (apparently two people caught on camera doing so) and 'powergaming'. WIth hit taking thrown in too.

I think when you have hit taking issues is when the power-gaming/overshooting thing comes in.

• Head Moderator

What did you all get told off for?

The other thing was "Power" gaming or similar, when some players in the second game had been going full auto for too long in the shops and not giving other players a chance to shout hit and get their hand up while still shooting them on full auto. Recomendation to fire a burst and pause not just keep finger on trigger, basically overkill.

Edit: too slow typing

The main issues mentioned were blind firing, (apparently two people caught on camera doing so) and 'powergaming'. WIth hit taking thrown in too.

I think when you have hit taking issues is when the power-gaming/overshooting thing comes in.

Personally, i don't think full auto is needed in there and I much preferred the semi auto games. I think full auto was the root cause of some of the problems yesterday

I didn't go on the concourse even a single time while I was a "live player" the entire day. I missed a lot of that, I will note I didn't get shot once all day as a dead player, even in the dark. Did get lost 3 times though :D

Basement was by far the best part of the games I played, seems ridiculous considering how heavily I criticise bunker 51 for being so dark. Sure, I didn't have a torch in bunker though even when not using the torch I didnt trip over a single person. Dry floors make a huge difference in the dark.

I recall the marshals had to remind players in the 3rd brief or a roundabouts to leave other people's property alone (BFG, Guns, Magazines etc) if found on the gamesite. Slightly ironic for me as I had not long before that asked a marshal if they have lost property, but I found my lost torch in the safezone.

I don't know why people don't take their hits.

When I get shot, I'm there thinking "well sh*t, that hurt! I better bugger off before I get shot again..."

I don't know why people don't take their hits.

When I get shot, I'm there thinking "well sh*t, that hurt! I better bugger off before I get shot again..."

I had an iffy moment yesterday, I was shot at from about 8m crossing a glass door, I heard many of his shots strike the metal door handle, but I felt non, and heard non hit the back wall, I called "i dont think you hit me" I dont know why I said anyhting, but the reply was "you ... think?", shortly after that he hit me between my goggles and helmet, and I went over for a brief friendly chat.

In hindsight I should have said nothing, but I do not believe I was hit.

I had an iffy moment yesterday, I was shot at from about 8m crossing a glass door, I heard many of his shots strike the metal door handle, but I felt non, and heard non hit the back wall, I called "i dont think you hit me" I dont know why I said anyhting, but the reply was "you ... think?", shortly after that he hit me between my goggles and helmet, and I went over for a brief friendly chat.

In hindsight I should have said nothing, but I do not believe I was hit.

Fair enough. But I mean that's a banterous conversation between you and your enemy. Well I say enemy, enemies in airsoft is more of a laugh and a giggle lol.

But, the type I mean is the cancerous scum, who blatantly cheat when they know they got shot. I haven't actually encountered the species of scum yet, so let's keep it that way..

Fair enough. But I mean that's a banterous conversation between you and your enemy. Well I say enemy, enemies in airsoft is more of a laugh and a giggle lol.

But, the type I mean is the cancerous scum, who blatantly cheat when they know they got shot. I haven't actually encountered the species of scum yet, so let's keep it that way..

I don't feel it's the deliberate cheaters that are the problem, its the "I'm not hit cus I cant see the shooter" guys, I've encountered a fair few of these guys. I've not yet encountered someone in the first category. Overall it's a pitiful distinction.

You lean around a corner, shoot someone in the back and disappear before they can see you.... and then find they're still active a few moments later.

• Supporters

I don't feel it's the deliberate cheaters that are the problem, its the "I'm not hit cus I cant see the shooter" guys, I've encountered a fair few of these guys. I've not yet encountered someone in the first category. Overall it's a pitiful distinction.

You lean around a corner, shoot someone in the back and disappear before they can see you.... and then find they're still active a few moments later.

It's surprising it is so common when I think every site i've played as mentions it in the brief. The other week had at least 3 people not take multiple hits and it seemed to be on the basis of they couldn't see me so it doesn't count. Also people that try to shoot you after you have hit them before they will call hit, fuck those guys.

Yeah, I agree, when people have some silly excuse such as the above mentioned... The problem is, if you shoot them, and then they shoot you after you shot them, say 2 seconds after you hit them, I'd end up taking the hit too, as I don't want to start a fight (as I'm 14, not saying if I was older I'd fight someone - I wouldn't do that) even though his BB that he fired shouldn't be allowed to kill anyone...

• Head Moderator
Basement was by far the best part of the games I played, seems ridiculous considering how heavily I criticise bunker 51 for being so dark... I didnt trip over a single person.

Surprising considering the amount of time I spent crouched down or prone in the basement shadows. Although, at times you knew I was there and stopped other players standing on me :)

• Supporters

They are deliberate cheaters. Simple rule is if you feel or hear yourself getting hit stick up your hand and shout hit. It doesnt matter where it came from or who fired it a hit is a hit. To not call it is cheating.

I have encountered malicious cheaters, even overheard a couple of lads plotting to tell the marshalls I wasnt calling my hits because they were getting annoyed that I kept getting them. So after shooting them in the bony bits I went and informed the marshall myself. Airsoft is no different to any other part of life you always get a tw*t somewhere, just got to learn to rise above it.

Or at least how to punish them in a non rule breaking manner 😈

• Supporters

Personally, i don't think full auto is needed in there and I much preferred the semi auto games. I think full auto was the root cause of some of the problems yesterday

Well you will be glad to hear that the private game will be semi auto only.

With 30 people it plays better if there is no full auto.

Very rare I use anything other than single shot in there. Only time really is when moving across the concourse to keep peoples heads down or when attacking a shop thats full of enemy players but even then I use 5rnd burst fire.

• Head Moderator

I did not use full auto all morning and just kept the selector on semi-auto when using my rifle. But then I tend to play mainly in the single shots zones and keep out of the concourse.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.