The Mall (Reading) - 17th Jan

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Everytime for the last two and a half years?

Never queued more than a few minutes in probably over 40 Sunday games there. Guys on the chrono are usually pretty efficient at moving people through.

As long as get down to the chrono area for 9.20 no issues as chrono normally closes about 9.30 for the briefing.

Again, sounds like you have been lucky in your two and a half years then, I have been there and guys have had to go back down after the briefing to get chronoed either cos they have turned up late or cos of a big queue, I have seen quite big queues there in the past and I like to get down early so I have more time to get my kit ready, but as you have so kindly said, the marshals do try and move the queue along as quickly as possible

• Supporters

Only time I have seen people go back after briefing is when have turned up late or left it until 9.30 to try and chrono, so thats their own fault for being stupid.

Was running late once and phoned up to say wouldn't be there until just after 9.30 and the marshall waited at the chrono for me so cant praise them enough for being helpful.

• Head Moderator

I do not like queues, standing out in the rain waiting to get in is not my idea of fun. Same way I dislike long lines at chrono. Last time took ages and many did not make it in time. Never seen so many players having to go back after brieifing to get sorted. No idea why it took so long, and to be fair all previous occasions had been pretty slick having got there early. Hope it was just an isolated event.

I do not like queues, standing out in the rain waiting to get in is not my idea of fun. Same way I dislike long lines at chrono. Last time took ages and many did not make it in time. Never seen so many players having to go back after brieifing to get sorted. No idea why it took so long, and to be fair all previous occasions had been pretty slick having got there early. Hope it was just an isolated event.

Lol I'm the same as you, hate queueing, God knows why I became a lorry driver as drives me mad waiting around lol

• Head Moderator

Lol I'm the same as you, hate queueing, God knows why I became a lorry driver as drives me mad waiting around lol

But at least your office has moving scenery and good views, and you get to eat high calorie food from all over the place :)

I once spent two and a half hours in a queue at Universal Studios in Florida to get on their new Harry Potter ride, it was hellish for only a 5 minute entertainment experieince.

But at least your office has moving scenery and good views, and you get to eat high calorie food from all over the place :)

I once spent two and a half hours in a queue at Universal Studios in Florida to get on their new Harry Potter ride, it was hellish for only a 5 minute entertainment experieince.

Mmmmm greasy spoon cafes lol but yeah it does have its advantages sometimes

There's no way I'd queue for that long, especially in the Florida heat lol

• Head Moderator

There's no way I'd queue for that long, especially in the Florida heat lol

Once committed I had to just see it through, luckily there was a water stall to help keep hydrated and I am sure it did burn off some of the beer and burger calories.

Wouldn't advise getting there at 9ish, unless you want to setup on the floor or a wobbly chair.

I get there before opening, get chrono done within 5 minutes of getting in. Leaves plenty of time to walk round to McDs for breakfast then get everything else sorted :)

As for last time being a bit unorganised, I think it was just a couple less Marshalls than usual and Luke was away. Still a great day though.

• Supporters

Nothing wrong with the wobbly chairs, dump all your gear one side and sit the other no problems. I always set up on them now as had enough of the listening to the I am special crowd who regularly congregate round the tables. They could do with more space to lay your gear out sometimes though but doubt they want to fork out too much on a derelict building under threat of closure.

Having the head marshall out probably would cause issues. They used to have two but one left in the middle of last year which was a shame as he was a good lad.

Not very often there is an issue there to be fair they are usually pretty well organised.

• Supporters

would love to visit this site at some point.. do them do games weekly here?

Them do do weekly games. Them do them on a Sunday. If you want to go to a game that them do try to book at least a week before as the the games them do can often fully book.

You will enjoy it them do some good games. ☺

• Head Moderator

Nothing wrong with the wobbly chairs, dump all your gear one side and sit the other no problems. I always set up on them now as had enough of the listening to the I am special crowd who regularly congregate round the tables. They could do with more space to lay your gear out sometimes though but doubt they want to fork out too much on a derelict building under threat of closure.

Having the head marshall out probably would cause issues. They used to have two but one left in the middle of last year which was a shame as he was a good lad.

Not very often there is an issue there to be fair they are usually pretty well organised.

I like the raised worktops along the wall as it is easier to sort /prepare kit. However, I do find that using the wobbly chairs means you end up talking to more players. Advantage of getting their early is being able to park in a better spot in those extremely tight parking bays and able to open the car door.

With a lead marshall away I did find the safety briefing so much quicker, and that could explain why chrono took longer.

Edited by Jedi_Master

• Head Moderator

Can I just point out mentioning people by name on a public forum seems a bit wrong mate.

Noted, and edited. Just need you to now remove his name from the quote of my post now :)

Edit: He has been named in 6 previous threads from 2015, all positive.

Edited by Jedi_Master

• Supporters

Noted, and edited. Just need you to now remove his name from the quote of my post now :)

Edit: He has been named in 6 previous threads from 2015, all positive.

Changed it should of realised that myself😕

Dont think it matters whether hes been mentioned before and its not just about who it is.

Just think unless its someone who is being named and shamed for bad behaviour personal names should be left out of any posts. I know I wouldnt appreciate anybody putting my name on an internet forum without my permission.

Honestly dont think the person in question would be offended but none of us know him well enough to know for definite.

• Head Moderator

It did seem a day that the marshalls were not happy, I have not experienced such a group dressing down before. Safety is important as is sportsmanship, and people have been ejected on previous occasions. I did not see any infractions or experience and bad play; personally had a lot of friendly banter and hand shakes with other side after hits.

Overall a good day out, even with the schoolboy error of forgetting to set my alarm clock properly and only just arriving prior to the briefing start.

I never noticed/saw any bad play but had a good day playing. Just a shame one of my sons felt a bit ill so we called it a day and missed the last game but hope all that went enjoyed themselves and had fun especially those that went for there 1st time 😎😎

• Head Moderator

What did you all get told off for?

Blind firing and non-hit taking - bloody good reasons for highlighting rules. Apparently someone was unashamedly 'cheating' and in presence of a marshall. Cannot recall any other details.

• Head Moderator

Yes, one is dangerous and the other spoils the day.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.